Report: Jets to pursue Jim Harbaugh for HC

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I can't stand Kraft but he's got 5 rings and has had 3 head coaches during his tenure and all are HOF'ers who had or went on to won SB rings as HC's in the NFL.

He's been a good owner to say the least.

The Bills have never even had a HC who won a SB elsewhere as a HC let alone here.

I hope his son has a miserable run taking over but the reality is that he has just as good of a shot of having a good run or a bad one............the years of success don't come with an automatic setback.........if they hire well they have the same chance as any team going forward.

Right but remember a lot of that was because of the old owner who was very stubborn and particular with who he would

hire.  

If the Bills needed a coach I don’t think Terry would hesitate to pay a good HC.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah, the whole ‘anyone who isn’t Sean McVay is a dinosaur’ thing is getting old very quickly.

Harbaugh would be a terrific hire for the Jets.

Yeah I think so too, which is why I want hope it’s all BS but I doubt it

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Let them eat cake.

The best thing for Buffalo is that the power shifts in the east from the Patriots to the group collective. I’m okay with the Jets and Dolphins putting together decent teams in the next 5 years for us to do battle with. It makes us stronger. I would rather be the NFC north or South and have a bunch of good teams punching each other, as opposed to being the AFC South of the last decade where it’s just about who doesn’t suck the most. 

Also, that being said, I want the patriots to suck. 3-13 every year. Let’s cleanse that overstuffed bull#### bandwagon.

What are the other 3 doing that makes you think 3-13 would be that bad a season in the division in 2020?

Edited by row_33

25 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

This would be bad for us.  He is still easily one of the best coaches in the league.  Taking a team that has no real notable stars and a QB who can’t throw from the pocket and they are in position to possibly win the division.  If I found out we landed him I’d be doing flips.

The brothers are still better than what we have now.  It showed in Baltimore that McDermott is a tier below Harbaugh.  Getting taken for rides and over paying on Star and Murphy when we needed offensive linemen wasting what little cap space we had; I don’t see McDermott returning to the playoffs after forcing so many turnovers and leaving with so little or speaks to how much we lulled.  

Edited by Thriftygamer83

3 hours ago, Estro said:

As a Bills fan, I'd embrace the Jets hiring Jim Harbaugh.  He is the exact opposite of what I'd want in a head coach.  Conservative, run and stop the run mentality, punts too much, relies on his defense too much, bad clock management.  Basically he has all the flaws most coaches in the NFL have.  Also I dont see him as a guy that develops QBs.  Michigan's QBs have stunk.  I hope they hire him.

Fullbacks forever. Off tackle right, off tackle left. No imagination. It’s like he doesn’t even watch film.. His team threw EIGHT TD passes in 2017. All season!  The coaches at Purdue and Nebraska are more evolved than this cat. If you can’t outcoach Greg Schiano it’s time to hang it up. Or stay at UM. Or go to the Jets. I’m all for either one. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

One of my colleagues at work has a distant family member with a low level coaching gig at Michigan. He talks about it all the time.  Says his connection tells him that Harbaugh does nothing, zippo. He’s a figurehead there and has delegated everything. He slaps hands, speaks for the program and his name lands recruits.  Maybe that’s perfect for the Jets?!?

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a dinosaur when it comes to offense. It’s the opposite of what teams are trying to do now. 

Yet he got a team to the Super Bowl 6 years ago.

Have offensive game plans changed that much since then?

3 hours ago, wppete said:

I hope the do getbhim. He is a disaster of a coach. 

He is? :mellow:

3 hours ago, Estro said:

As a Bills fan, I'd embrace the Jets hiring Jim Harbaugh.  He is the exact opposite of what I'd want in a head coach.  Conservative, run and stop the run mentality, punts too much, relies on his defense too much, bad clock management.  Basically he has all the flaws most coaches in the NFL have.  Also I dont see him as a guy that develops QBs.  Michigan's QBs have stunk.  I hope they hire him.

How many great QB's have come out of Michigan?

24 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ohio State would hate this..

***** those flowers!

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I can only think of one. But he was pretty darn good.

Michigan has never been QB University.

The only one who has had real success got it from a cheating culture.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a dinosaur when it comes to offense. It’s the opposite of what teams are trying to do now. 

Yeah, this.  I watched a few Michigan games this year and if you don't like the predictable playcalling on this team, you'd HATE Harbaugh.  Runs on every first down.  The epitome of run run pass punt.

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

As a jets fan, whose on your short list for coach? 

Also, I think Harbaugh would be good for you guys, but the media there could be problematic. 

No more rookie coaches. We’ve went rookie coach since Parcells left. 

My list would go.. Mike McCarthy and Jim Harbaugh but if they insisted on going rookie HC then I really like Dave Toub.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Ole Jim would not go to the Jets due to the media as he is not fond of dealing with the press. 

2. While I believe he will eventually leave Michigan it will not be this year. 

If Michigan had a bad year then maybe but I just do not see him leaving the school he played at this soon.