Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Charles Clay, Chris Ivory, and Ray Ray McCloud Out

26CornerBlitz

I actually think we’re talented enough to beat this Patriots team. They aren’t very talented this year, they just play consistently smart football. If we can stay lose and keep our heads, we have a chance at least.

Also, the argument about the Patriots not losing three in a row in December makes sense, but the flip side is that they’re still human, and they still feel that pressure. 

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I actually think we’re talented enough to beat this Patriots team. They aren’t very talented this year, they just play consistently smart football. If we can stay lose and keep our heads, we have a chance at least.

Also, the argument about the Patriots not losing three in a row in December makes sense, but the flip side is that they’re still human, and they still feel that pressure. 

Not losing 3 in a row was a function of who they were.  Go 14-2 or 13-3 consistently you are seldom going to have back to back losses period.  The day could very well be here where all that changes including 2 and 3 game losing streaks.

McDermott's Monday Presser at 4 PM ET.  We should hear injury update news on on the RB front with updates on Marcus Murphy (elbow), McCoy (hamstring), and Ivory (shoulder).  Daboll and Frazier to follow at 4:30.

Will post live Twitter and Facebook presser links as they become available: Buffalo Bills Video Live

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I want to see those fancy NE fans with their $100 designer gloves and dumb little tassle winter hats grabbing their heads in disbelief as the Bills stick the DAGGER into any hopes they have of a first round bye!

I also want close ups of Brady standing on the sidelines looking miserable as the Bills kneel out the clock at the end of the game to a chorus of boos.

Bonus points for a huge sideline blowup between Brady and McDaniels after Brady throws his 2nd pick trying to avoid getting sacked by Kyle

The Patriots are like a wounded cobra. Still very dangerous, but not the same team. their confidence has to be a little rattled, so let's rattle it some more!

Brady is trying everything to avoid getting hit, and he is one of the worst QBs against the blitz this year. He is in self preservation mode. He is not a top QB in terms of stats this season, and he is making some bad decisions when he gets pressured that he didn't used to make. He has never liked getting hit and he doesn't like it any better at age 41.

Gronk can barely move, and looks like a 50 year old retired RT coming back to play TE. The guy is toast. Sure, he can make the occasional play but so can any halfway decent TE. He is not a game changing weapon anymore, and that back is not going to heal up while playing all 17 games and hopefully the wildcard round.  

Edelman is breaking down from catching all those short passes and then getting walloped. It's what has made their offense work: take the snap, throw in 1-2 seconds to a wide open Edelman, and have him run for 5-7 yards before he gets destroyed by the DB/LB. Edelman has taken so many vicious shots for so long that it's starting to catch up with him. Same thing they did with Welker. By the time NE was done with him he was a mess physically. Sure, he had a good season or two with Denver, but he was pretty much washed up when they got rid of him.

Hogan is just a guy. The rest of their WR crew is mediocre at best.

The best way to beat NE is to run the ball and make sure to score TDs in the red zone. It sounds crazy, but if you make them 1 dimensional and put pressure on their offense to keep up that's when the problems arise. If you let NE run the ball and keep giving them chances in a close game they will beat you typically.

No matter what happens, there will be no week 17 preseason walkthrough for them. They are going to need to play all 17 weeks. If Houston wins Saturday they are going to be staring at 2 extra games that their starters usually rest for.

Easy win over you losers.

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

He’s a butt hurt Pats fan. He’s attempting to make himself feel better by putting down others, It’s sad. 

Not at all,  buffalo is a joke. So is niagara falls

Would love to see Allen go toe to toe with Brady is a shoot out. Be good to see him just take that next steps to finish this season. A changing of the guard type of game

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

Quick Hits: Marcus Murphy Dealing with Dislocated Elbow

biz09s9msirn5pj6ez1k.jpg

The Bills running back contingent was thin this past Sunday due to injuries suffered by LeSean McCoy and Chris Ivory the previous week. The depth chart appeared to get thinner when Marcus Murphy left Sunday’s game with an arm injury and did not return, leaving rookie Keith Ford as the only available tailback.

“We’ve got a general update in that most guys are being evaluated. We’ll know more on Tuesday, but Marcus Murphy has a dislocated elbow,” said head coach Sean McDermott.

Not all injuries are the same, but former Bills CB Phillip Gaines suffered a dislocated elbow earlier this season and missed two games before returning to the lineup.

When asked whether Murphy could play through it, McDermott wasn’t sure at this point in the week.

“We’re still determining that right now,” he said.

Meanwhile the bodies of Ivory and McCoy obviously benefited by not playing on Sunday against the Lions. Both players participated in practice at the end of last week, so the anticipation is they will be able to practice on Wednesday.

Josh Allen’s completion percentage not the focus
Ford and Thompson fare well in debuts

13 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Ahahahahahahahaha dont bet your pocket change on it

Pats will easily beat buffalo. They lost yesterday in a game i had them likley losing all week. See the steelers have heart unlike the joke of an orginization named buffalo

Well, so nice to have you here. To quote Billy Madison: "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Bills 12.5 Point Dogs; Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Bruce Arians, & Melanie Collins Calling the Game on CBS
11 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

This would be a huge statement win for Allen and McD. We have nothing on the line here. It would great to see McD be aggressive and Daboll draw up an ambitious game plan and take risks.  And of course damaging the Pats road to the SB would be the icing on the cake. The Pats have lost 2 in a row, the pressure will now be full on them. 

It's unfortunate that nobody else in the AFC East is in position to knock the Pats off their division throne this season.  They said on NFL Network that the Dolphins could still win the division but that's not very likely.   As much as I'd like to see it, the Bills won't win on Sunday while the Dolphins will probably win at home vs Jacksonville.  Even if the Bills miraculously did win on Sunday, they'd host the Dolphins in the final game.  Miami has not fared well playing in Buffalo in December over the years.  Pats host the Jets in the last game.

If McCoy, Ivory and Murphy are all out for more then a bit...would there really be any harm in bringing Fred back for that last home game against Miami? Even maybe give him 3 or 4 carries. Give him a real send off. Not the fake sign a one day contract garbage. If there’s ever a time to try it...You might even get a few extra people in the seats if you build it up a little. Let him be the 3rd back. What could really go wrong

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If McCoy, Ivory and Murphy are all out for more then a bit...would there really be any harm in bringing Fred back for that last home game against Miami? Even maybe give him 3 or 4 carries. Give him a real send off. Not the fake sign a one day contract garbage. If there’s ever a time to try it...You might even get a few extra people in the seats if you build it up a little. Let him be the 3rd back. What could really go wrong

Please stop the madness!

25 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nope. Don’t want that douche nozzle anywhere near my favorite team. I don’t care how good he might still be. 

Ever since he got caught with the rent boys and call girls on the party barg,  he has increased his attitude on and off the field. I’m sure there’s been jokes cracked about that by opposing teams.  Along with the rumors of illicit substances; yeah we don’t want him here for the process with the baggage he brings.  

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I look forward to the day when we play the Patriots and hope we just don't get embarrassed.  This will be Josh Allen's greatest test of the season as Belichick will try to confuse the crap out of him.

Matt Patricia who's a Belichick disciple tried to do the same.

4 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Ever since he got caught with the rent boys and call girls on the party barg,  he has increased his attitude on and off the field. I’m sure there’s been jokes cracked about that by opposing teams.  Along with the rumors of illicit substances; yeah we don’t want him here for the process with the baggage he brings.  

I don’t hold the fact he likes to have a good time against him.

My issue is the gutless hit with his titanium arm on a prone and totally defenseless Tre White. Previous to that, I had total respect for him as a player. But ANY respect I had for him, as a player or a man, was gone in that instant. Never realized what a gutless coward he is before then. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Ahahahahahahahaha dont bet your pocket change on it

Pats will easily beat buffalo. They lost yesterday in a game i had them likley losing all week. See the steelers have heart unlike the joke of an orginization named buffalo

Ha!  Ok, now back to math homework, Johnny.