Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Charles Clay, Chris Ivory, and Ray Ray McCloud Out

26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Take the over with the the Bills giving up +6

At least (2) roughing the Brady calls, (3) holds  (2 by Dawkins, 1 by an interior linemen like our center where replays leave the booth baffled), and a minimum of (1) DPI against White and likely (1) against Wallace as he will probably draw Edelman in the slot. Throw in the usual  (1) more for Dawkins being an ineligible receiver downfield on a screen play and you will probably be in the right neighborhood.

Last week was an unusual reprieve... I think we could be in for a flag-fest.

I believe we have Shawn Smith's officiating crew (unless the schedule has changed) and he seems to be on the high end of tossing flags around.

From Pro-Football-Reference site:

in 2018 Smith is averaging 15.85 penalties/game for 142.85 yards 

the league average is 13.51 for a 115.50 yards

They were the crew that officiated our game against Chicago earlier this year where:

Chicago was assessed 14 penalties for 129 yards and the Bills were assessed 10 penalties for 163 yards.

Means he might be a fair draw and not be intimidated in New England.  Kraft has pretty much worked unofficial magic with the officials.  The guys a fixer hard to imagine any of his sons having that coolness to them.  Could really be a power struggle which could turn into a Gotti power game in Vegas.  

8 hours ago, JPP said:

Pats lose 3 games in a row?  Playing in Gillette in December......Bills offence extremely banged up....Brady never lost to a rookie in his career i believe......i hope the bills win too but no chance on earth this happens......

No chance huh. Well why dont you go bet 500k on it then.

• Like (+1) 1

Week 16: Patriots - Bills Injury Report

nbvh6gfbykhf6jtr9j67.jpg

The New England Patriots (9-5) and the Buffalo Bills (5-9) announce the following injuries and practice participation.

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2018

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (9-5)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
No Players Listed.

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
LB Brandon King - Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
No Players Listed.

BUFFALO BILLS (5-9)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
CB Ryan Lewis - Concussion
DT Kyle Williams - Back

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
FB Patrick DiMarco - Ankle
K Stephen Hauschka - Right Hip
RB Chris Ivory - Shoulder
RB LeSean McCoy - Hamstring
WR Isaiah McKenzie - Ankle
DE Trent Murphy - Chest
TE Logan Thomas - Hamstring
LB Corey Thompson - Ankle

FULL PARTICIPATION
No Players Listed.

Bold indicates a change from the previous day's report.

PRACTICE PARTICIPATION
Did Not Participate in Practice
Limited Participation = Less than 100% of a player’s normal repetitions
Full Participation = 100% of a player’s normal repetitions

GAME STATUS DEFINITIONS:
Out = Player will not play
Doubtful = Unlikely to play
Questionable = Uncertain as to whether the player will play

Presser Points – Belichick: Bills a ‘lot different team’ this time around

slyhnmbsp9his2l4egnr.jpg

Wrap Up 12/19: Gilmore Honored by Pro Bowl recognition

wtgxoyecjxsaohym0wsp.jpg

“Bill [Belichick] called me, told me, ‘Congrats… Get ready for work this week." @BumpNrunGilm0re talks Pro Bowl recognition & preparing for the Bills:

Press Pass: A Different Looking Buffalo Bills Team (0:53)

zpd5yegoe8bhnpogalih.jpg

Jason McCourty and Matthew Slater reflect on facing the Bills for the second time this season and how they have improved throughout the season.

Transcripts: Patrick Chung and James White Press Conferences 12/19

wzpqnaoxfeck3kuzjoex.jpg

James White 12/19: 'They're going to make us work for every yard' (3:40)

i1w78fer2aul4kzxsslb.jpg

Patriots Running Back James White addresses the media during his press conference at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, December 19, 2018.

Patrick Chung on Josh Allen: 'We have to do our best to contain him' (1:40)

xmqkeo5zwhbhghsdycms.jpg

Patrick Chung addresses the media at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, December 19, 2018.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Bills 12.5 Point Dogs; Wednesday Practice Participation Reports Posted

lyi1ml5pvsg1ukzsvfqw.jpg

Tre'Davious White: "Focused on Finishing these Last two Games Strong." (2:22)

CB Tre'Davious White addresses the media about how his teammates have been playing this season as well as the team's week 16 matchup against the Patriots.

rt3b6ykwa8cvqdbbyiq6.jpg

Lorenzo Alexander: "Play Physical, Play Fast" (4:42)

LB Lorenzo Alexander talks to the media about the evolution of rookie Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds as well as this Sunday's matchup against the Patriots.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Bills 12.5 Point Dogs; Wednesday Practice Reports Posted

2018 NFL Playoff Projections: Patriots miss out on first-round bye, Chiefs earn top seed in AFC

With two weeks left to play in the NFL season, only five of the league's 12 playoff berths have officially been clinched, which means we're going to see plenty of drama between now and the end of the year.

A lot of that drama is probably going to involve the Patriots and that's because they're on track to play in the opening round of the playoffs for the first time since 2009. The Patriots are currently sitting at the No. 3 spot in the AFC and if that doesn't change, they'll be playing in the wild-card round.
The wild-card round is basically every New England fan's worst nightmare, and that's because, under Bill Belichick, the Patriots have never made it to the Super Bowlwhen forced to play in the opening round. The Patriots have played in the wild-card round a total of three times under Belichick (2005, 2006, 2009) and they lost before the Super Bowl in each of those seasons.

3. New England Patriots (10.7): AFC East Champs

Yes, the Patriots have dropped to the third seed in the AFC, but the good news for them is that the computer still likes their chances of winning the Super Bowl. According to SportsLine, the Patriots have the second best chance of any AFC team to win the Super Bowl, despite the fact that they're being projected to finish with the fourth-best record in the conference. Obviously, the computer isn't taking into account the Patriots ugly postseason history that we mentioned at the top of the page. Patriots remaining schedule: Buffalo, NY Jets.

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

Not to mention we have rarely gotten a good deal from officiating when we play Kraft's team at Gillette  - I think you are probably right about the spread considering how banged up we are. Even if we do have a lead, I don't know if I quite trust our defense to hold it - they shut down Stafford last week, but he was playing with a lot of hurt.

As a consolation prize, I would not mind if we knock Brady to the ground every time he drops back to pass and I would not mind if someone rocks Gronk - just a bit of payback for the White hit.

This game is a win/win for us. If we lose we are already out of the playoffs and we secure a better draft position, if we win we can take pride in the fact that we sent a clear message that there is a changing of the guard in the AFC East and NE, Brady, and Darth Belicheat are starting their inevitable slide into NFL history.

My hope is that with solid drafting, astute free agent pickups, new coaches and front office(s), NE will mount some kind of NFL comeback in 20 years or so, OR once I am dead and gone.

I want them to send that message and go up 28-0 with Allen proving that Minnesota wasn’t a fluke.  I think it will be 28-0 with a lot of Pats wishers on here talking about how Allen is the next Elway.  (We knew  that already!) 

On 12/17/2018 at 8:37 AM, TheFunPolice said:

I want to see those fancy NE fans with their $100 designer gloves and dumb little tassle winter hats grabbing their heads in disbelief as the Bills stick the DAGGER into any hopes they have of a first round bye!

I also want close ups of Brady standing on the sidelines looking miserable as the Bills kneel out the clock at the end of the game to a chorus of boos.

Bonus points for a huge sideline blowup between Brady and McDaniels after Brady throws his 2nd pick trying to avoid getting sacked by Kyle

The Patriots are like a wounded cobra. Still very dangerous, but not the same team. their confidence has to be a little rattled, so let's rattle it some more!

Brady is trying everything to avoid getting hit, and he is one of the worst QBs against the blitz this year. He is in self preservation mode. He is not a top QB in terms of stats this season, and he is making some bad decisions when he gets pressured that he didn't used to make. He has never liked getting hit and he doesn't like it any better at age 41.

Gronk can barely move, and looks like a 50 year old retired RT coming back to play TE. The guy is toast. Sure, he can make the occasional play but so can any halfway decent TE. He is not a game changing weapon anymore, and that back is not going to heal up while playing all 17 games and hopefully the wildcard round.  

Edelman is breaking down from catching all those short passes and then getting walloped. It's what has made their offense work: take the snap, throw in 1-2 seconds to a wide open Edelman, and have him run for 5-7 yards before he gets destroyed by the DB/LB. Edelman has taken so many vicious shots for so long that it's starting to catch up with him. Same thing they did with Welker. By the time NE was done with him he was a mess physically. Sure, he had a good season or two with Denver, but he was pretty much washed up when they got rid of him.

Hogan is just a guy. The rest of their WR crew is mediocre at best.

The best way to beat NE is to run the ball and make sure to score TDs in the red zone. It sounds crazy, but if you make them 1 dimensional and put pressure on their offense to keep up that's when the problems arise. If you let NE run the ball and keep giving them chances in a close game they will beat you typically.

No matter what happens, there will be no week 17 preseason walkthrough for them. They are going to need to play all 17 weeks. If Houston wins Saturday they are going to be staring at 2 extra games that their starters usually rest for.

Gordon is playing well for them...I wouldn't call him mediocre....

13 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I say we make New England 9-7 giving them another loss for four in a row and the Jets make it five.  I still say 28-0 and we blank them at home and play a shut down game capitalizing on mental mistakes and breakdowns.  

New England is known for a lot of things.....mental mistakes and breakdowns are not in that group....they don't beat themselves in Foxboro....

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fascinating. I hung on every word this mumbling curmudgeon uttered. He knows our players nuances better than 2/3rds of the posters here. Obviously knowledgeable about Dabol game planning every week to the upcoming opponent and used “Process” referring to McDermott. Like him or not, his coaching legacy is legendary to the sport. Thanks, two-six!

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I thought so. His playing days are over, talking historically about his play.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills Need to Take Evaluation to Next Level Over Final Two Games

usatsi_11730453.jpg?w=1024&h=614&crop=1

For all intents and purposes, the 2019 preseason has started for the Buffalo Bills.

With the playoffs out of reach for this season’s campaign, Buffalo’s focus needs to shift toward which players will be a part of this squad during the next calendar year.