Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Charles Clay, Chris Ivory, and Ray Ray McCloud Out

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s not totally serious but come on. Let’s have a little fun with it. There really would be no harm. We were a hit away from playing Ray Ray Mcloud at RB yesterday 

Where's Brandon Oliver?

I bet they call Mike Tolbert.

7 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

Keep it clean. 

Lol so you can talk about boston and new england region and you dont even live there but i cant say any facts about the area i have lived for the last 3 years.

Thats not directed at you, thats everyone that has in general

8 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Love to see Allen pass and run all over NE in NE.  

Don't bet on him running much.  Belichick will employ a defense designed to prevent the big runs, figuring he can bait Allen into bad throws.  The key to this game will be Josh's recognition of coverage and making smart decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Don't bet on him running much.  Belichick will employ a defense designed to prevent the big runs, figuring he can bait Allen into bad throws.  The key to this game will be Josh's recognition of coverage and making smart decisions.

Which means zone coverage, spies, holding defensive line gaps, and delayed stunts.  Everything that Pall Matt threw at him.  

View from Above: The Real Problem, Is Us

The root of the problem is within…getting too picky at the wrong time…and JR says too much can still happen with two weeks left…

dhjdoiswaqtlsjw0x1fr.jpg

New England, we have a problem.

The 2018 Patriots may yet have great things lie ahead of them, but one thing has become exhaustingly certain – they cannot, or will not, follow in the footsteps of their predecessors.

This team is not last years’ team, or the year before, or the year before that. Even though our expectations are as high as they’ve ever been, because success is all we (and they) ultimately know, this Patriots’ team is a victim of that success.

We expect more. The Patriots themselves undoubtedly expect more. But the problems persist. And the biggest issue is – many of the problems appear to be correctible mistakes. Penalties. Red Zone failures. Stopping the run. Mere tweaks and twists, with a little extra attention paid to the nitty-gritty details, right?

Apparently not.

1 hour ago, WhyteDwarf said:

In a dream scenario however, it would be nice to see Edmunds put a hit on Brady that makes his wife Brady decide it's time for Brady to quit football.

Re-watching ne v pitt, brady had a number of guys drop very catchable passes. 

We're going to need Daboll to call a great game and the run game to step up. I expect a similar game plan to last week, lots of running to try and get ahead of the sticks. I think the passing game is going to struggle. Their pass rush isn't going to let Allen run wild and their secondary looks strong. Looks like the sprinkle in a little bit of pressure and stunts to mix it up, I'm not confident the line can hold up. At the same time, Pitt WR's weren't getting a lot of separation, I have a hard time imaging our guys do better. They made some tough catches in big spots, something we haven't seen here.

The D is going to need to step up big to have a chance. It'll be interesting to see if they pound the run a bit this game. Michel looked pretty good against pitt and the Bills run D hasn't always been consistent this year. Bills red zone D has been pretty awful, need to tighten that up. 

I don't feel super confident about this game, but excited to see what they can do. Would love to beat them and have them lose their bye for the playoffs.