Ever been taken to cleaner by the Tolls ?

Teddy KGB

6 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

$35 iirc. I was just up there and considered crossing it but $70 to go over and back didn't sound good unless I knew I could get a U-eey on the other side before the toll.

Holy hell?!?!  I don't feel so bad now about paying $6 a day (only one way toll) to cross the San Mateo bridge on my daily commute. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Holy hell?!?!  I don't feel so bad now about paying $6 a day (only one way toll) to cross the San Mateo bridge on my daily commute. 

I'll bet that's longer than the Walt Whitman, which I pay $5 for. But then again I do $1.50 for the ACX and about $9 a day for the PA turnpike too lol

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Got fined for no toll when I clearly had a toll collector gizmo on my car.  My wife and I both have one but she decided she did not need it and I had it in my glove compartment to return for deposit.  When I called I stated they were mistaken in that I had a gizmo and account shows that it is collecting on same day they stated I did not pay so they did some research and stated a different gizmo was checked and rather than checking the gizmo mounted in proper place, only place it is supposed to look for it the checking machine found the gizmo in glove compartment.  Their answer was while they only guarantee it will find one mounted in another place it will occasionally find another one if it is in same vehicle something which is not listed in instructions.  I went to office to talk to them and get deposit back and was told for some BS that I could not get deposit back so I told them I was going to give it to someone who wants to experiment on ways to manipulate system and I was told that was illegal so I told them that was not in agreement I signed as long as you refuse to give me deposit it is mine to do with what I want with it.

pp,550x550.u1.jpg

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

People make simple ***** way too complicated.  Get the fast pass and set it up for auto load from your CC.   Never worry about it again.

Richie Rich over here ?

12 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Local bridge here is taking me to the woodshed for 700.00 over a handful of trips across the bridge with some ungodly late fees.  

Paying 106.00 for one trip across in 2016.  

Anyone else ever get fleeced with insane charges due to late toll payments ? 

We got snagged on one Chicago toll in October... we "thought" we had got them all, but missed one. I forgot how much that was. If we had had our ezpass it never would have happened (rental, unexpected drive home from Wisconsin). Chicago has been our big area of toll fines, and it only happens when we don't have the ez-pass on us.

Around Denver, there is a crazy stretch of tolls we got a buncha fines on a few years back. I swear we never even saw any notice that there were tolls and we got a "nice" bill in the mail. 

There are a few places in Florida with "peek time" tolls that can run 2 bucks a mile (I gotta dig out the old sun pass as we are heading south again next month).

But for marked, clear tolls there is a stretch in Oklahoma we went through about 6-7 years ago... something like $15 for 100 miles, no peek time, just a crazy toll rate.  I cannot imagine what it is today. 

And people B word about NYS tolls. SMH. 

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Richie Rich over here ?

You want Richie Rich, I paid for the Rich Guy Expressway while driving through Virginia last summer!   I have long fantasized about alternate, pay for traffic-free highways and lo and behold, it actually exists!!   How else you gonna get from DC to Williamsburg on a weekday afternoon?

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sorry to confuse you with facts but your **** state has tolls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_Expressway

I know for I own property there until end of month in Concord.

I know that but that's the hoity toity fake North Carolina where the classy people drive the Kia's and shop at Target.  That ain't the guy rack, aching back, overtaxed, flag wavin', fun lovin' crowd that I love.

Which part of Concord, btw?  Some good land there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I know that but that's the hoity toity fake North Carolina where the classy people drive the Kia's and shop at Target.  That ain't the guy rack, aching back, overtaxed, flag wavin', fun lovin' crowd that I love.

Snowflakes need to sack up!

?  Not sure about the "Guy Rack", but to each their own.  Not that there is anything wrong with that... But no thanks.  LoL

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Snowflakes need to sack up!

?  Not sure about the "Guy Rack", but to each their own.  Not that there is anything wrong with that... But no thanks.  LoL

Gun rack

It's a Garth Brooks song. Ask Gugny. He has to know it.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Gun rack

It's a Garth Brooks song. Ask Gugny. He has to know it.

I know.  Just hope they can reach for it with that aching back. 

Maybe Garth should team up with Paula Cole, plenty of achy breaky backs and overtaxed Deplorable Snowflakes:

"...Oh I know your back hurts from working on the tractor 
How do you take your coffee my sweet 
I will raise the children 
If you pay all the bills
Where is my John Wayne 
Where is my prairie song 
Where is my happy ending 
Where have all the cowboys gone..."

?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I know.  Just hope they can reach for it with that aching back. 

Maybe Garth should team up with Paula Cole, plenty of achy breaky backs and overtaxed Deplorable Snowflakes:

"...Oh I know your back hurts from working on the tractor 
How do you take your coffee my sweet 
I will raise the children 
If you pay all the bills
Where is my John Wayne 
Where is my prairie song 
Where is my happy ending 
Where have all the cowboys gone..."

?

I prefer the treatment from.baby it's cold outside.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

People make simple ***** way too complicated.  Get the fast pass and set it up for auto load from your CC.   Never worry about it again.

It certainly makes life easier.  I hated the old days of trying to find the exact change to match up with the ticket.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:42 AM, Boyst62 said:

Never been there. My brother lives in that part of NC north of Charlotte and I am just the banker for his houses.  He borrows from me rather than bank and I get more than I would in savings.  He fixes them up and rents but in this case he is selling it before end of year.

17 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Never been there. My brother lives in that part of NC north of Charlotte and I am just the banker for his houses.  He borrows from me rather than bank and I get more than I would in savings.  He fixes them up and rents but in this case he is selling it before end of year.

If you're ever down in the area let me know. I'm tolerable enough to grab a beer with and generally clean enough & well behaved to go out in the big cities. ?

27 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  You're supposed to say: "What the hell is @Boyst62 doing in a suit, living in the city while working the 'Baby it's cold outside angle', isn't that a parole violation?"

LoL...

I am not and never been on parole. ??‍♂️

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:51 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

That makes you a city slicker & coastal elite sympathizer.  Hypocrite.  Some achy breaky tractor rider you are.  ?   

I swear SiriusXM has dug through their archives and found every version of BICO ever recorded. Seems I hear it at least once an hour and it's never the same duo singing. 

Oh, and back on topic, EZ-Pass user here, since around the mid-1990's, never had an issue. I even carry a second one in my traveling bag for times when I needed a rental car at a previous job, so I didn't have to pay the rental company markup for using theirs. 

On 12/13/2018 at 10:21 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

Curiosity: what state are you in? I purchased mine in PA, and the fee is 5 bucks a year.

That's a good deal! Do you have to have proof of residency? I'll drive up to York & get that.

Is EZ-Pass part of the group?  I have EZ-Pass out of New York on 2 of my cars.  It works across Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, etc...

I-Pass is Illinois.  I got one, but they hold a $20 deposit and zap $20 when low.  EZ-Pass free... Only $15 a pop.

Had these well over 15 years... I forgot when Indiana, Ohio, Illinois came online.  Indiana Turnpike used to be I-Zoom... But they renamed to EZ-Pass.

Oh... WARNING:  A few years back, I sent in my expired transponder back to New York. They were refreshing the units with new ones.

USE THE FOIL MAILING BAG... OR WRAP IN ALUMINUM FOIL WHEN MAILING. I had no issue with mine I sent back.  I use the bag.  BUT... The new transponder they sent to me was going off in mail truck!

For real!  I almost had a cow when I checked my statement.  Check your account frequently!  Especially when they mail new transponder during a refresh.

Really!  All the way from NYC service center.  Bridges.  Thruway.  LMAO... Dumbazzes.   Something like 30 bucks!!!

They reversed the charges/tolls.

In matter a fact... That reminds me, checking both Illinois and New York accounts now!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:03 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I-Pass is Illinois.  I got one, but they hold a $20 deposit and zap $20 when low.  EZ-Pass free... Only $15 a pop.

NY will change the refill amount depending on how much driving you do on toll roads. I used to use the Thruway almost daily for work so my replenishenment amount was up in the $75 range. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

NY will change the refill amount depending on how my driving you do on toll roads. I used to use the Thruway almost daily for work so my replenishenment amount was up in the $75 range. 

Hence why I turned off auto-replenish. I budget for how much I'm going to use in a month and put that amount plus 10% on the ezpass each month.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hence why I turned off auto-replenish. I budget for how much I'm going to use in a month and put that amount plus 10% on the ezpass each month.

Unfortuately I could not. Some months I’d be on the Thruway every day. Others maybe one week out of four. I’d rather set it and forget it than have to check it every day to see how low my balance is. 

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Unfortuately I could not. Some months I’d be on the Thruway every day. Others maybe one week out of four. I’d rather set it and forget it than have to check it every day to see how low my balance is. 

Of course that’s not possible for everyone. But it was a must for me lol

Edited by Joe in Winslow
I hate autocorrect.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:03 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Local bridge here is taking me to the woodshed for 700.00 over a handful of trips across the bridge with some ungodly late fees.  

Paying 106.00 for one trip across in 2016.  

Anyone else ever get fleeced with insane charges due to late toll payments ? 

If your problem is late fees, you're taking yourself to the cleaner.  I thought you were a millionaire.  Pay your bills on time and stop blaming others for your problems.

• Like (+1) 2

Tolls are expensive...

These are the five most expensive road tolls:

Whiteface Mountain Memorial Highway (New York): $1.25 per mile

17 Mile Drive (California): $0.59 per mile

Chicago Skyway (Illinois): $0.51 per mile

Fort Bend Parkway (Texas): $0.51 per mile

Delaware Turnpike (Delaware): $0.29 per mile

These are the five most expensive bridge tolls:

Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (Virginia): $30 round trip

Verrazano Narrows Bride (New York): $15 one-way

George Washington Bridge (New York): $13 one-way

Golden Gate Bridge (California): $7 one-way

Tacoma Narrows Bridge (California): $5.50 one-way

These are the five most expensive toll tunnels:

Lincoln and Holland Tunnel (New York): $13 one-way

Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel (Alaska): $12 one-way

Fort McHenry Tunnel (Maryland): $8 round trip

Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and Queens Midtown Tunnel (New York): $7.50 one-way

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel has a new fee schedule for 2019

EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2019

All discounts require E-ZPass

Two-axle, four-tire vehicle including passenger car, pick-up truck, panel truck, station wagon, motorcycle (including all attachments), and minibus/van with 15 or less seating capacity; Two-axle, six tire vehicle less than 8’ in height

(OFFPEAK) $14.00

(PEAK**) 18.00

*Return trip within 24 hours (OFF PEAK) 6.00 (PEAK**) 2.00

**Peak Season Pricing is Friday thru Sunday during May 15 thru September 15. Off Peak season pricing is all other times.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

If your problem is late fees, you're taking yourself to the cleaner.  I thought you were a millionaire.  Pay your bills on time and stop blaming others for your problems.

Mike McD and Worm also took him to the cleaners so he didn't have any toll money.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, row_33 said:

The Ontario 407 plan to autodeduct from bank accounts has left a few friends hundreds shy through the years

It adds up.

Indiana Turnpike built all new rest stops.  Gas is more expensive now.  I don't stop in Indiana for fuel.  Tolls went up from $4.10 straight through to just under $8.00 (forget the exact amount).

Ohio went up.  NYS is almost doubled.  Checking account.  My last 3 trips were around $120 added to my account.

I gotta start going toll-free (exept for bridges and/tunnel) and start going I-94 to Detroit/Windsor (or Port Huron/Sarnia) and head to BFLo via the Niagara Peninsula!

One trip on American side is $40 in tolls (both ways). Bridges/tunnel has to be cheaper.  Just do NOT GET FUEL IN ONTARIO!  Hell, don't even stop!

• 2 weeks later...