Henry Anderson on Pat McAfee show defends his dirty hit on Haushka

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

This is the sort of reaction I’m seeing in this thread that I don’t agree with. 

The penalty fit the “crime”. I don’t see how this action was beyond the pale and deserves special attention. 

Was it uneccesary? Sure

was it vicious? Not in the context of football.

This is kindof my point. football is violent enough as it is without punks going around issuing unwarranted cheap shots. 

In the interest of player safety and the integrity of the game (it affected the outcome since HauschMoney is normally solid from 48 yards), it should not be tolerated.

Purposely injuring another player is a "crime" that should be harshly dealt with IMHO.

24 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

The penalty fit the “crime”. I don’t see how this action was beyond the pale and deserves special attention. 

Was it uneccesary? Sure

I have no idea what this means.

Didn’t get a penalty 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t get a penalty 

Oh, my bad. I read that it did and assumed it was true.

44 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is kindof my point. football is violent enough as it is without punks going around issuing unwarranted cheap shots. 

In the interest of player safety and the integrity of the game (it affected the outcome since HauschMoney is normally solid from 48 yards), it should not be tolerated.

Purposely injuring another player is a "crime" that should be harshly dealt with IMHO.

Fair enough, we mostly agree. I’m sort of splitting hairs with my argument anyways. I just don’t see it being a big deal.

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

LOL, I like you Alpha, but on this you're nuts.  Chop blocks, like blocks in the back, is a dirty play.  Not sure why you are trying to argue the difference, both were uncool.  And at least you can see a chop block coming.  From behind you're defenseless. 

Ha its all good man.  I just really hate chop blocks.  It's literally the thing I hate the most.  The reason is because its something you have to consciously do, and when you do you are fully aware you are a taking a shot at a player that can easily seriously hurt the other player.  And comparatively to the Huashka situtation, big hits are more part of the game where as chop blocks should never ever be in the game.

I agree it was a cheap shot, as most shots on kickers are cheap shots given they aren't big guys mostly (although Janikowski is soooo fat right now).  However, I just feel like the Dion move was so much worse and really something that is taboo amongst all the players. 

Jordan's got a weak argument for his hit. Dirty play. I'm not too worked up because I didn't think it was a hard hit really. Just looked that way. I'm sure it hurt like hell, but to Pat's point (who was an excellent punt coverage guy for a friggin punter) he's gotta be aware that he either is showing no attempt to make a play, or have his head on a swivel and go in aggressively. SH did neither and got a dirty cheapshot for it.

Hard to tell from the replays but it makes sense not to slowly jog towards the returner ball watching like you think you're sneaking by the blockers and not be aware of where all the blockers are coming from.

I also still hate his argument on the slide tackle earlier. SH clearly pulled up and purposefully didn't make contact. I think even football players should recognize that was a slip up that he righted by pulling his body away as he started the motion.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha its all good man.  I just really hate chop blocks.  It's literally the thing I hate the most.  The reason is because its something you have to consciously do, and when you do you are fully aware you are a taking a shot at a player that can easily seriously hurt the other player.  And comparatively to the Huashka situtation, big hits are more part of the game where as chop blocks should never ever be in the game.

I agree it was a cheap shot, as most shots on kickers are cheap shots given they aren't big guys mostly (although Janikowski is soooo fat right now).  However, I just feel like the Dion move was so much worse and really something that is taboo amongst all the players. 

OK Let's agree to disagree, sir.

• Like (+1) 1

Dawkins is an idiot. He is overrated by most on this board. Gets beat clean a lot. Probably belongs on the right side.

His chop block was dangerous, illegal, occurred right in front of ther ref, and was completely unnecessary - the Jet was neutralized by the guard. 

As for the Jet DE, somebody needs to take note of his number - for future reference. Don't know if these Bills are that hard bitten though, even if they should be IMO.  

In the NHL you don't get away with that. Somebody takes note of the number, sometimes the aggrieved party, and eventually it catches up to the perp, probably when he least expects it (aka the best time to reintroduce yourself).

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Hope you enjoy your fine douche bag. 

I would prefer a fine wine, or a fine scotch, or even a fine cigar.  However, if your going to enjoy a douche bag, it might as well be a fine douche bag. 

I have often heard the King say, 'Give me a sandwich and a douchebag and there is nothing I cannot do'!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Former kicker, think he punted for the Colts. Unless it’s another Pat McAfee.

It is he.  He went to Barstool Sports Midwest after retiring.  Then he decided to branch out on his own with a show.

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m not over the cheap shot on Hauschka, but I AM pissed about the beating Allen takes, with and without flags. He’s got a bullseye on him, and only about HALF get called. Can you imagine if Brady got hit like that? Really....just try to imagine that. Not so much the running stuff (obviously), but late in the pocket. Huge fines, maybe even muster up a DQ. Allen, “he’s a big boy, that’s no flag”. 

Yeah, as discussed in the Allen thread he's going to get the Cam Newton treatment.   Look, Josh is making guys look like fools out there w his running.  He's probably talking some trash. The defenders want to kick his a$$.  Watch Kiko Alonso when we play Miami again.  I guarantee he will find a way to give Allen a cheap shot, a head shot at some point.  

18 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

Was it uneccesary? Sure

I have no idea what this means.

Whatever DC Tom calls you....I agree with him :)

Kickers are as protected as QBs usually. And ALL players cannot be blindside blocked when so far off the play. He should get a fine and in the game he should have got a 15 yarder. But let's not act like it was the dirtiest play in football history. Still, how come the refs didn't throw a flag???

Could McAfee have been more of a douche in his response? "Real football players get decleated"? What a stooge. No matter how much you try to be the "cool punter" Pat, you're still just a punter. No amount of interviews with current players or attempts at historical revision will ever change that - you were a friggin punter.

And I don't know why at this point, but I'm continuously amazed by the amount of Twitter troglodytes with cut-off sleeves responding to this as if Mrs. Haushka is in the wrong and as if Steve just needs to "sack up, bro". Idiocracy for real. I feel like we're about a decade away from Presidential debates being replaced with steel caged ladder matches.

Edited by Nelius

On 12/11/2018 at 7:49 AM, YoloinOhio said:

He said it was legal because it was technically from the side instead of the back and he could have still made the tackle on the blocked kick return and had tried to do so earlier, and that it looked worse than it was because he’s 100 lbs heavier than him. 

the guy is not only a nozzle but an ignoramous

3 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

I guess I’m missing the message-board-inside-joke with these comments. Seems like boomer humor, but hard to tell without knowing what the actual joke is. 

It's super funny and a joke that has definitely not gotten old after 5+ years of repetition.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks