1993 Houston Wildcard Comeback- Where were you guys

Ice bowl 67

2 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

Casa de pizza on elmwood. Had to knock three times and ask for Luigi

Hard to believe the Taylor and Moore morning show would call one of the kitchen ladies there (Bea?), and natter with her for a good ten minutes.

I remember being at home for the game, listening intermittently to the broadcast.

19 hours ago, eball said:

In the stands.  I've told this story many times but we were at the top of the stadium and watched folks leaving, then coming back.  Probably the greatest sporting event I've ever attended for lots of reasons.

IMG_0250.JPG

18 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Sitting in section c3 w dad and brother.  Ticket stubs are framed w a copy of the front page of the buffalo news signed by Reich and Christie thanking my dad for attending.  It’s a cool thing.  Probably the only one still up in my parents’ house.  

The section naming system back then was so asinine! 

Hey @SectionC3, was this section right on about the goal line -10 ya line scoreboard end? I am trying to remember my brothers seasons back then, could swear it was c3. It was where I watched every playoff game in the 90’s save the Jacksonville game. 

Upper deck for that one as Mom wanted to go so we had to sell his and get tickets upstairs. 

I had to freaking work while my boss went to the game. On the plus side, I lived in Rochester at the time. I could pick up ch.3 out of Syracuse (it was blacked out here) and could record the game. I ran home doing a break, grabbed the tape and we watched the game at work right after.

I had just moved to Tallahassee Fl. Met some FSU students from Illinois at the apartment complex I moved into and we hit it off right away. Still friends and I'm "Uncle Bob" to their kids. Anyway, we watched the game and they couldn't figure out why I would want to keep watching. It wasn't because I felt a comeback coming. I am that person who watched Bills game to the end, even in those consecutive 2-14 seasons. To this day I think it's because it was warmer inside watching than outside shoveling. The tears after the game flowed like champagne. Who am I kidding, those tears were beer. Luckily they left my apartment at 1/2 time and didn't see me crying.

As unbelievable as it sounds, I went with a friend and his whining 10 year old. We left after the interception to start the 3rd. His kid was cold and wanted to leave.. My car was parked a mile out, and I was to go to his house and meet up with my wife to have dinner there with his wife and family. I got in my car, did a 180 and headed back to the stadium and was one of the lucky people to make it back in before security set up. Got back mid way through the 3rd. Since everyone was gone, I sat at the 50 and saw it all unfold. 

That night, after being so pumped, I called my friend after the 11:00 news and told him we were heading to Pittsburgh RIGHT NOW for tickets. We got there at 5 AM and we were 5th in line at the box office. 

‘Since Pittsburgh wasn’t a perennial playoff team then, the morning news stations were there to cover the ticket line. Since we were all decked out in blue, ofcourse they interviewed us on live TV to comment on the Bills chances. 

We did Buffalo proud that day saying on live TV that this one’s gonna be EASY, as in just too easy..to a chorus of boos around us.. 

And, it was easy....

23 hours ago, eball said:

In the stands.  I've told this story many times but we were at the top of the stadium and watched folks leaving, then coming back.  Probably the greatest sporting event I've ever attended for lots of reasons.

IMG_0250.JPG

^^^This.  Was there with my father and brother, I wanted to leave they wanted to stay.  Witnessed the greatest comeback in Bills history.

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Uh oh...a 'weepy' drunk.  The worst kind.  ?

Yea, they're the worst. Oddly, never cried on a loss. Happy tears only. That game was emotional for soneone who watched every game til the end for those consecutive 2-14 years. I try to tell folks on this board to chill, don't let the Bills run your life. Then, I think about that game...

I cried last year watching Kyle with his kids celebrating the PLAYOFFS. Again, beer tears, not champagne.

Turned tv off late 1st half and went to card show.  Guy at card show tells me Bills are back in it (he was watching on tiny tv)  I told him to quit messing with me I wasn't in the mood. Watched last half of the 4th on his little portable tv  That has probably contributed to me watching a lot of crappy blowouts to the bitter end, lol

On December 8, 2018 at 1:11 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Was listening to the radio call on Westwood One network on and off in the car while my mother was ferrying me to and from some school activity event of some sort, and thought it was over at half like everyone else, but at some point I became glued in and wouldn’t get out of the car again until final kick in OT, just sitting in our driveway. My non sports aware family never quite understood what I was so excited over that day ?. I distinctly remember the radio national announcers losing their minds in disbelief over what was developing, and at some point during the comeback you just knew fate had decreed that the Bills would pull this off, it seemed like everything that could go right for the Bills did. I also remember the announcers using phrases like, at least the Bills are trying to make it respectable after scoring 2 TDs to get to 35-17...the tone totally changed at 35-24 as I recall, when the amazement really began. I was 14 yrs old at the time 

Where were you @Ice bowl 67? ?

My parents moved in 1994 so I would have been living Right by the football field in Escanaba Michigan then. 

Every year someone on the board asks this question, and every year I think THIS will be the year that someone else was with me watching the game with the Orlando Bills Backers.

Maybe this year.

Great group. When the Bills scored their first touchdown of the second half, one of our friends was in the bathroom. He ran out when everyone was cheering. When he returned to the bathroom, the Bills scored their second touchdown, at which point we made him stay in the bathroom, convinced that his actions were pleasing the football gods.

So if you ever meet a guy who tells you he spent the entire second half of the game in a sports bar bathroom, tell him I said hi.

• Haha (+1) 2