1993 Houston Wildcard Comeback- Where were you guys

Ice bowl 67

41 minutes ago, DrW said:

Together with my girlfriend, on our way back to Rochester from a short vacation in Washington, DC. I was listening to the game on the radio until the interception to make it 35-3, then switched the radio off, very disappointed. Some miles later, we had to get gas. The gas station, somewhere in southern Pennsylvania, had the game on TV, with a score of 35-17. Hoping for a miracle, I turned the car radio back on. When the game reached overtime, we were on the US-15 north of Harrisburg; reception was fading. Afraid of losing the signal, I stopped on a very small parking lot, leading down from the US-15 to the Susquehanna, until Christie's winning FG. Girlfriend thought I was crazy, but did not object.

Since then, the parking lot disappeared when the US-15 was widened from two-lane  to four-lane. The car, my first US car, an Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser station wagon is long gone. The then-girlfriend is now my wife; we recently had our 20th anniversary.

I was watching with my then-girlfriend, now-wife in her tiny apartment in Queens.  We never thought of turning the game off, watched the whole thing. She's always been a Bills fan, even being from NYC. 

About four rows up from the field in the southwest corner.  I actually got a ball from the game.  Not the one Christie kicked to win the game unfortunately, but from half-time warm ups.  Chris Mohr shanked a punt that eluded the fielders and it bounced right up into my arms.  It’s in my attic safe and sound.  

I was on my way back to college from home and I tried so hard to find the game on the radio, but it just wasn't on any station.

I went into the dorm common area to turn on the game, and it was the drive on which Beebe scored to make it 35-10.

I watched the rest of the game and needless to say it was the very best FOOTBALL game I ever watched, period!

I was 18 living ft myers Florida. Actually turned the game off after the pick 6 in the 2nd half. 30 minutes later friend of mine living in same apartment complex knocked on the door was like dude what a game aren't you watching? What put the game on was like holy smokes we were down 10 I think. I would have missed the greatest comeback in history if he didn't knock.

This game or the Patriots comeback two years ago in the SB. Which one will be most remembered in NFL lure do you think?

I choose this game because the Bills had to earn every point they got. Atlanta gave that game away in some ways.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

In L.A. watching it on TV. I turned it off at halftime, I was so mad. Couldn't stay away, turned it back off and the Bills were even further behind then at halftime!

So I started drinking. 

Apparently, it worked. 

Watched it on TV with my late brother-in-law (RIP - we miss ya Dave).

I had just moved out to Minneapolis broke and looking for work and he and my sister, who were recently married, let me stay at their place till I got on my feet. Disgusted with the score, I went back to unpacking boxes and it was Dave who yelled, "Your Bills just scored again - I think they are coming back!".

We watched and cheered the rest of the way - I think I turned him into a Bills fan that day. Great game and great memory.

• Sad 1

I was at a skating rink. My mom had the game on the radio on the way there. I was crying. I was putting on my skates when my sister told me to quit qrying about the game because I was being a baby. I then threw a skate at her and tried to stab her with the other. We were then kicked out of the skating rink. I was sent to my room when we got home. Hours later (I was still in my room, grounded) I heard the phone ring in the kitchen. My mom answered. “YOURE KIDDING ME?!l THEY WON?!” She called me downstairs to tell me. I thought she was messing with me so I called her a B word. 

I spent the bulk of that playoff run grounded. 

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I was at a skating rink. My mom had the game on the radio on the way there. I was crying. I was putting on my skates when my sister told me to quit qrying about the game because I was being a baby. I then threw a skate at her and tried to stab her with the other. We were then kicked out of the skating rink. I was sent to my room when we got home. Hours later (I was still in my room, grounded) I heard the phone ring in the kitchen. My mom answered. “YOURE KIDDING ME?!l THEY WON?!” She called me downstairs to tell me. I thought she was messing with me so I called her a B word. 

I spent the bulk of that playoff run grounded. 

Do you have any kids? If you do hopefully they take after their mother.?

We were at friends in Hilton Head, SC. My son’s best friends parents. We went only because they promised to have the Bills game on. At the half he announced he was switching to HIS Kentucky basketball. I got a bit....determined, and he went to his bedroom to watch hoops. After an hour or so he came out to watch greatness with the rest of us. 

What a day! 

At home in my wife’s and I new bungalow in Montana. At halftime I took the dog for a walk and decided I would never be a fair weather fan. I went home turned the tv back on watched the the first interception of the second half and grabbed a beer. Never before or since has a beer tasted so good!

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the game in my season seats with my wife, kids.

At halftime a lot of fans were leaving and my friends around me asked if I were going to leave too. I said nope, I'm staying to boo them off the field at the end of the game.

After halftime the stadium looked half empty and by the end of the 3rd quarter it had started to fill up again. My friends that returned told me that the fans who had left started to return by climbing those big fences to get back in. 

What was really crazy was the drive home as every Bills fan in the area was out of their house and in their back yard waving and cheering as we drove by. 

Edited by Nihilarian