Broncos Claim Andre Holmes from Waivers

34 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

That was quick. Notice he got a job before Benjamin?

KB has a bigger contract.

2 hours ago, WMDman said:

Happy for Dre, didn’t do much here but definitely seems like a process guy

So did we win or lose the McKenzie for Holmes trade?

• Like (+1) 1

Newcomers Andre Holmes, Jamar Taylor ready to make immediate impacts

Holmes, though, didn’t have to wait nearly as long. He was released by the Bills on Tuesday and was in Denver by Wednesday night.

“I was just at home, and I was really talking to my agent about, ‘Where are we gonna go?’” Holmes said. “It looked like I was going to clear waivers. It was right on the deadline and then he said, ‘Hold on, looks like someone’s calling.’

“It was like I got drafted or something. You get the call saying you’re going to be a Denver Bronco. It was really cool and exciting.”

Holmes has already stayed up until his eyes were bloodshot red. He arrived in Denver from Buffalo late Wednesday night and was at the Broncos’ practice facility early Thursday getting situated in his new home. He estimated he got about four hours of sleep, but he was encouraged by his first practice.

“It was kind of a whirlwind as far as a quick turnaround from yesterday getting in here, getting in late, coming in early and just trying to digest the new offense and just run things right,” Holmes said Thursday. “But it was a lot of fun. I’m happy to be here. I’m excited.”

Holmes, like Taylor, has familiarity with the Broncos’ coaching staff. He shared time with Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave in Oakland.

Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about how the Broncos plan to incorporate recent additions Jamar Taylor and Andre Holmes.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:20 PM, WMDman said:

Happy for Dre, didn’t do much here but definitely seems like a process guy

Holmes was a JAG who was older and pretty much was what he was at this point of his career. Better off for the Bills to let him go elsewhere and use those snaps on younger players. Glad to see he caught on as he might not have that much longer in the league.