Jerry Hughes Confronts Official after the Game - Umpire Roy Ellison Reinstated After Being Fined $9300

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The refs being worse for us than they have been.

I know what its like to be on the wrong side of reffing. Waaaay back when i was a wrestler this retard awarded the other kid four penalty points costing me the match and i let the ref have it and after that word got around and those clowns were on me for everything and mystery calls as well. It was a royal pain in the ass wrestling the opponent and the refs too. I wish i had kept my mouth shut as it made it that much harder from there on out.

meh

• Haha (+1) 1

The league has a serious problem with officiating now that betting is legal.  Nothing will be done about it under Goodell but officiating is going to become more and more of a story and I wouldn’t be surprised if there are violent incidents and FBI investigations over the next decade.  It’s a disgrace - this is a reactionary league refusing to modernize itself.

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I honestly hope to God the AAF or XFL show somethinf because the refs have ruined the league.  20 plus penalties on average kills the game and the inconsistency is a flat out joke.

I watched the Sooners send their WR 50 yards out and the QB threw it 40 only so the D had to get PI when the WR stopped and went back to the designed target

they did it 8 times against Texas

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I honestly hope to God the AAF or XFL show somethinf because the refs have ruined the league.  20 plus penalties on average kills the game and the inconsistency is a flat out joke.

This is the straight truth. You're lucky to get 3 or 4 consecutive plays without a flag. It really is a chore to watch.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 3

Just watched A Football Life on NFL Network about Mike Holmgren. He said that in the Superbowl where he was coaching Seattle against Pittsburgh, he made a comment to one of the officials along the lines of "I hope this game isn't too big for you." He said he regrets making the comment and all you have to do is look at some of the highly questionable calls that went against Seattle. So don't think for a second that these a**ss clowns don't remember what's said and by who. I don't doubt at all that Guns Hoculi said something to Cam Newton a few seasons ago. You can tell by how Cam reacted that something inappropriate was said. But after Newton called Guns Hoculi out on it he never got another roughing the passer call that year. It was sad to see and I don't even like Cam Newton.

Edited by GRHater69
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I really hope something comes of this. Unfortunately, I'm sure it will be a Hughes fine and nothing else. There needs to be accountability on this horrendous officiating.

Yup.  Bet on another Hughes fine unless someone has a recording. 

A day will come where a player or assistant coach etc loses control and physically assaults a ref on the field. It’s going to happen. NFL refs are the single worst thing about sports and these guys jobs are on the line. A big call will go the wrong way and a guy on the edge of control will lose it. Unless Godell wakes up real soon and finds a way to rectify the atrocious officiating, it will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A day will come where a player or assistant coach etc loses control and physically assaults a ref on the field. It’s going to happen. NFL refs are the single worst thing about sports and these guys jobs are on the line. A big call will go the wrong way and a guy on the edge of control will lose it. Unless Godell wakes up real soon and finds a way to rectify the atrocious officiating, it will happen.

Nah, worst you get is Ernie Whitt attacking an ump by name in his book when both met on the playing field many times after