Nick O'Leary Signs a 1-Year Extension with Miami

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Man. I would rather have Nick than Logan Thomas right now.

never really understood that move.

Still baffles me.

A lot of people said we got rid of O'Leary, because he was from the previous regime. He was, but so was Logan Thomas. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Meh, none of them are any good. I don’t fault the Bills for trying something else. TE is forever a need on this team. I’m glad that they don’t settle on bottom of the league production as acceptable. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T master said:

I don’t think he’ll hurt us at all....today. 

I always liked the guy and I’m glad he’s hanging on, but I wish he was helping another team.

Did you know his grandfather.......

• Haha (+1) 1

Please he makes 1 TD catch and some people act like he’s Jimmy Graham.  

Before you fans re-write history, keep in mind that O’Leary has 7 catches on the year for 77 yards.  

7 catches is less than any TE’s on the Bills.  O’Leary is a quality #2 or #3 option at TE.  He is an average blocker and average receiver.  

The decision for the Bills was pretty simple.  They elected to go with players like Croom and Thomas who have more potential as receivers at TE.  They can’t get rid of Clay because of contract reasons but they wouldn’t because he too is a better receiver and blocker than O’Leary.

I see him as a marginal player.  One way or the other O’Leary has ZERO effect on the Bills season in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think he’ll hurt us at all....today. 

I always liked the guy and I’m glad he’s hanging on, but I wish he was helping another team.

Did you know his grandfather.......

... always wears his wedding band?

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He’s actually an exceptional athlete who has shown good flashes as a receiver.  I think the Bills are hoping his potential will finally translate into production. 

He’s also our 6th string QB. You wouldn’t think an NFL team would have to go that deep, but we were trying to prove otherwise! 

I'm happy for Nick as he seems like a class guy. But as a Bills fan i'm glad he's not on the roster anymore & as i've said before, I can't wait til Logan Thomas is gone too.

How much time, how many seasons do you waste a roster spot on a project TE? He's been in the league 4 years now... i think its time to move on lol.

Hopefully this offseason TE is one of those positions we finally upgrade.

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Still baffles me.

A lot of people said we got rid of O'Leary, because he was from the previous regime. He was, but so was Logan Thomas. :doh:

...dumping a player SOLELY based on regime is asinine narrow sightedness IMO....if the guy produces, who gives a rat's azz as far as regime?......Nick was a steady Eddie, consistent ball player...nothing flashy and not to be confused with Gonzo, Gates, Mackey, Gronk, etc...but dumping him based on regime and then wasting time or money on finding a viable replacement?....seriously?.....how has it worked out so far?......maybe the prolific Thomas still on the roster tells you something.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He’s actually an exceptional athlete who has shown good flashes as a receiver.  I think the Bills are hoping his potential will finally translate into production. 

No he hasn't. He has shown nothing at all. This is year 3 of the Logan Thomas experiment. How long does he get to do something useful?

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

A lot of people said we got rid of O'Leary, because he was from the previous regime.

The only reason the Bills rid themselves of O'Leary was they were concerned he would reenact the "Here's Johnny" scene from 'The Shining' that his Uncle Jack is famous for.

Damn.  Now I feel like 'The Bishop' in the Monty Python skit.  "We was too late".

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I'd rather have Thomas.  He still has some ceiling to grow too.  He clearly needs to improve blocking, but he has good hands and I love how they used him on the fake punt a few weeks ago.  I also like Croom a lot better.  Hard to comment on Clay as his contract made him difficult to move past, but I think that ends after this season.