Nick O'Leary Signs a 1-Year Extension with Miami

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Naw, he’s over at Ryan Neufeld’s. 

God almighty naming off all of these Tight Ends makes me realize just how bad we've been at that position for SO long. I remember a game against the Titans w/ Vince Young, Royal caught a TD pass with about 7 yards deep in the end zone. He had 3 yards to get 2 feet down and he just put one down in bounds and stepped out with the other. Like he made zero effort to put two feet down. Ended up losing the game late. I was so pissed that day.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d be happy to tell him how average he was. The same goes for Riemersma. The last “good” Bills TE was Ernie Warlick and he hasn’t played for the Bills in over 50 years!!

Oh, how quickly we forget the greatness that was Scott Chandler!    

9 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

God almighty naming off all of these Tight Ends makes me realize just how bad we've been at that position for SO long. I remember a game against the Titans w/ Vince Young, Royal caught a TD pass with about 7 yards deep in the end zone. He had 3 yards to get 2 feet down and he just put one down in bounds and stepped out with the other. Like he made zero effort to put two feet down. Ended up losing the game late. I was so pissed that day.

It’s the weirdest thing. You’d think by dumb luck you’d fall into a guy that became good. The odds of SOMEONE being good have to take over at some point. That’s kind of why people are debating the merits of O’Leary vs. Thomas. The answer is none of the above. We have such a low bar. I’m hoping that TE is addressed this offseason. Tyler Eiffert is NEVER healthy but is a good “buy low” candidate imo. It’s worth a shot. 

3 hours ago, T master said:

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

Of all the decisions made by McD this year this one was clearly the dumbest.  Clay and Thomas have been worthless for 2 years so let's go out and cut our most dependable pass catching TE.  And look how little it cost Miami.  Hey Sean you missed this 1 foot putt buddy.

3 hours ago, T master said:

I don't blame them the Bills should have never let him out the door the guy was always there when the team needed him & he was a team guy & 10 times more dependable than Clay for a lot less money !!

I'll almost bet he burns the Bills for at least one good play during the game today !! 

Almost one...

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Of all the decisions made by McD this year this one was clearly the dumbest.  Clay and Thomas have been worthless for 2 years so let's go out and cut our most dependable pass catching TE.  And look how little it cost Miami.  Hey Sean you missed this 1 foot putt buddy.

He has 7 catches for 77 yards on the season. We haven’t exactly been punished by the decision. I won’t lose a wink of sleep letting a bad player go for a different bad player. I give them credit for trying to upgrade. They should keep trying this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Let’s not get crazy.  We’re actually not missing much in the passing game.

44 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

With respect to blocking, Croom and Thomas make O’Leary look like Rob Gronkowski.  Watching Croom get absolutely undressed every Sunday is painful.  One position group that could have been handled better this offseason.

Effect size on Leary staying on the Bills in 2018 is .000000000003%

29 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah that was Robert Royal's signature moment with the Bills.   

He was the *best* of about 15 free agents they signed that offseason.

When he was with Washington there was a hilarious NFL films video of a particular game where Royal dropped like 5 easy passes and the Redskins radio team was going nuts........I have never heard a home radio team trash a home team player like that.?

As time went on with the Bills, opposing defenses would just let him run free basically daring the Bills to throw to him.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has 7 catches for 77 yards on the season. We haven’t exactly been punished by the decision. I won’t lose a wink of sleep letting a bad player go for a different bad player. I give them credit for trying to upgrade. They should keep trying this offseason. 

He's not a bad player. Most Bills fans could see his improvement from year one. I bet the Bills wish they had kept him over the flashier practice players.

He's not a huge loss though.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well said, my man

• Thank you (+1) 1

who cares?

Is Nick O'Leary on a 70 catch pace or something? If he had stayed in Buffalo, would he have been? 

I mean, we've lost 7 games and the reason has something to do with the 3rd or 4th best TE ... not that we don't have an offensive line for a ***** or we didn't adequately have QB resources? Thank goodness we are focused on the right part of the roster construction.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m tired, don’t expect much effort from me today.... I’ll do what’s easy and just live with sloppy. 

So, a lot like the usual. 

that's me in every relationship.  it's okay.  as long as we play nice when we're drunk we can get pretty far.

• Haha (+1) 1