R.I. P. 41

20 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No smoke came out of his cockpit when he opened his canopy to bail out . . . I think he could have saved those lives if they were alive. I don’t know that they were, but at least they had a chance if he had attempted a water landing.

Ok, second guessing a guy getting his plane shot up forty years later is interesting but not really relevant to anything. He flew many combat missions and finally got shot down. Whatever. 

On 12/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm far from perfect, and am grateful for any prayers you send my way.

that said, I won't mourn the death of global elite who lived their lives to cast an evil pall over the world.

You're a good thinker and writer, but you must develop tact to be persuasive. You can't just unload with that out the gate. You need a soft intro to open the reader's mind before you drop the dynamite. Like this:

"He seems to have been a decent man in his private life, and that should really be the focus here upon his passing. However, we should not let sentiment shade our understanding of history ...

After an intro like that you can rip his legacy to shreds and come off like ... well, still kind of a dick, but a caring and compassionate dick who won't compromise on the truth. It makes the audience more receptive and leaves you with enough moral high ground to credibly chastise the left when they besmirch a defender of liberty upon his death.

50 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Bush sr was a douche. Not as big of douche as McCain. But a douche. Obama is a ***** terrorist. When he dies that preemptively allows me to talk *****.  I expect the deep State will have him dead before too long to protect the narrative.

See above. Skip the first sentence. ?

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Bush sr was a douche. Not as big of douche as McCain. But a douche. Obama is a ***** terrorist. When he dies that preemptively allows me to talk *****.  I expect the deep State will have him dead before too long to protect the narrative.

The "deep state"? My god...

On 12/1/2018 at 8:53 PM, OJ Tom said:

I don't understand all this "we have to honor someone we never knew, who I suspect of criminal activity, who held beliefs completely contrary to mine,  etc"...I'm not damning him to hell, but why am I somehow obligated to publicly declare my condolences? Or not speak of him in a bad light?

You are not obligated. Participation in this thread / forum is completely voluntary. 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:53 PM, OJ Tom said:

I don't understand all this "we have to honor someone we never knew, who I suspect of criminal activity, who held beliefs completely contrary to mine,  etc"...I'm not damning him to hell, but why am I somehow obligated to publicly declare my condolences? Or not speak of him in a bad light?

When I pointed out that I didn't give a ***** about Kaepernick's kneeling, I was explicitly told that I had to care, or I was racist.

So...you have to honor President Bush.  Or you're racist.  Or something.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You are not obligated. Participation in this thread / forum is completely voluntary. 

Thanks.

But while my participation isn't obligated, there is the implication by some, that were I to post negative comments about Bush and his passing, that it is somehow tasteless and "classless".

But *****  off anyway.

2 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Thanks.

But while my participation isn't obligated, there is the implication by some, that were I to post negative comments about Bush and his passing, that it is somehow tasteless and "classless".

But *****  off anyway.

That is because it would be. As is your reply, but thank you anyway. Regardless of your political persuasion, Bush was an American President and not some thug, criminal or lowlife. Why would one disparage the deceased in an effort to be “ classy” ? Good day to you, Sir. 

27 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That is because it would be. As is your reply, but thank you anyway. Regardless of your political persuasion, Bush was an American President and not some thug, criminal or lowlife. Why would one disparage the deceased in an effort to be “ classy” ? Good day to you, Sir. 

Why would someone ask a question, then close a conversation?

Good day to you.

15 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

You're a good thinker and writer, but you must develop tact to be persuasive. You can't just unload with that out the gate. You need a soft intro to open the reader's mind before you drop the dynamite. Like this:

"He seems to have been a decent man in his private life, and that should really be the focus here upon his passing. However, we should not let sentiment shade our understanding of history ...

After an intro like that you can rip his legacy to shreds and come off like ... well, still kind of a dick, but a caring and compassionate dick who won't compromise on the truth. It makes the audience more receptive and leaves you with enough moral high ground to credibly chastise the left when they besmirch a defender of liberty upon his death.

See above. Skip the first sentence. ?

I prefer people to just say what they really think and not mitigate it with some soft intro.  My problem is he didn't explain why you made such a harsh opinion right after his death.  It's a post to get a reaction out of people which is too bad because casual posters who wander on here on occasion see that post and say, "Wow, that guy's a dick" without reading his quality posts in other threads.

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

When I pointed out that I didn't give a ***** about Kaepernick's kneeling, I was explicitly told that I had to care, or I was racist.

So...you have to honor President Bush.  Or you're racist.  Or something.

That's different. Kaepernick risked everything because he believed in something. Bush was just a rich white guy. Trying to compare the two is racist.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I prefer people to just say what they really think and not mitigate it with some soft intro.  My problem is he didn't explain why you made such a harsh opinion right after his death.  It's a post to get a reaction out of people which is too bad because casual posters who wander on here on occasion see that post and say, "Wow, that guy's a dick" without reading his quality posts in other threads.

I appreciate that characterization, Doc.

The reason I didn't elaborate further was I didn't think this was the thread for that.

Rather, I felt it more appropriate to simply mention that I prayed for his soul, and that he died as more than what I had learned him to be; and then a brief bit more when engaged.  Others want to use this as a remembrance thread, and I respect that.  Hence why I haven't engaged with those whom took issue with what I wrote.  There are plenty of other threads for that.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Swill Merchant said:

That's different. Kaepernick risked everything because he believed in something. Bush was just a rich white guy. Trying to compare the two is racist.

Not buying what you're obviously selling.  Moron.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Dare I state the obvious? 

You have help figuring that out, or did you manage it all on your own?

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I wonder who he was before naming himself a swill merchant?

Who ***** cares...

2 hours ago, Swill Merchant said:

Risked everything? What a tired narrative. Kaepernick made over $40 million from the NFL. How was any of that risked? At most he risked future earnings, which almost everyone does every day, due to their own decisions.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick-7751/cash-earnings/

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

You have help figuring that out, or did you manage it all on your own?

Who ***** cares...

I didn't realize those were your Cheerios I was pissing in. Next time I'll skip the pissing part and get right to it.

11 hours ago, Hedge said:

Risked everything? What a tired narrative. Kaepernick made over $40 million from the NFL. How was any of that risked? At most he risked future earnings, which almost everyone does every day, due to their own decisions.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick-7751/cash-earnings/

The only real risk is increased chance of assassination.  Otherwise, smart business move.

HE’S RIGHT: We Over-Honor Our Presidents. 

“Irrespective of whether he was a great man or a poor one, George H. W. Bush was a public employee. He was not a king. He was not a pope. He did not found or save or design the republic. To shut down our civil society for a day in order to mark his peaceful passing is to invert the appropriate relationship between the citizen and the state, and to take yet another step toward the fetishization of an executive branch whose role is supposed to be more bureaucratic than spiritual, but that has come of late to resemble Caesar more than to resemble Coolidge.”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1