Is Vander Eshe to Edmunds the same as Juju to Zay

Teddy KGB

way too early to tell.   Edmunds is like 19.  He'll get stronger in the offseason and smarter next year.   Zay with Ben would be pretty good.   Ben 2 = Josh. 

Its all a process.  Trust it.   

the media makes everyone on the cowboys a big star so as to improve ratings.  the media desperately needs the cowboys to be relevant for TV ratings, so anyone who even looks the part is made out to be superman

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The Juju miss was worse ?

Im trying to give Zay all the slack but I’m gonna need one monster game from him eventually.    Juju is at it every other week 

I have said it before and can say it again, is it not possible Zay can put up similar stats to JuJu in Pittsburgh? With Antonio Brown having to be double covered almost every single play, a vet quarterback who isn’t scared to sling the ball all over the field and a heavy passing attack 35-45 times a game.. 

JuJu knows he’s getting targeted, has all the confidence in the world and can just relax and make plays when the ball comes to him. 

Thats not the same here, where you have pressure to make a play and spark the putrid offense and may only get one or two targets in a game. There’s a lot more pressure knowing you need to turn those one or two targets into something. 

I’m not saying Zay is better or even has the same potential but I’m also not willing to say we missed on Zay over juju. 

I think had he landed on Pittsburgh or LA in place of JuJu or Kupp he would shine just like those guys do. He’s shown us this year he has some talent, and can make plays if he gets the ball. The one thing JuJu seems to do I’m not sold on Zay for is the contested catches. We also don’t give him a lot of chances to make those plays either 

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I have said it before and can say it again, is it not possible Zay can put up similar stats to JuJu in Pittsburgh? With Antonio Brown having to be double covered almost every single play, a vet quarterback who isn’t scared to sling the ball all over the field and a heavy passing attack 35-45 times a game.. 

JuJu knows he’s getting targeted, has all the confidence in the world and can just relax and make plays when the ball comes to him. 

Thats not the same here, where you have pressure to make a play and spark the putrid offense and may only get one or two targets in a game. There’s a lot more pressure knowing you need to turn those one or two targets into something. 

I’m not saying Zay is better or even has the same potential but I’m also not willing to say we missed on Zay over juju. 

I think had he landed on Pittsburgh or LA in place of JuJu or Kupp he would shine just like those guys do. He’s shown us this year he has some talent, and can make plays if he gets the ball. The one thing JuJu seems to do I’m not sold on Zay for is the contested catches. We also don’t give him a lot of chances to make those plays either 

Juju is a stud anyway you slice it imo 

8 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

the media makes everyone on the cowboys a big star so as to improve ratings.  

Locking Kamara up like no other team can is pretty pretty good.  

LVE is playing flawless football.  

• Like (+1) 2

Guys, come on.  Have we really reached such a stage in society, have we really gotten to a point where our patience is so limited that one game from a player tells you that he is so much better than another guy?  VanderEsche had a good game last night from what I've read.  So Edmunds has shown he's coming along as a 20 year old rookie.

It is entirely possible that they both are going to be very good.  We have to stop thinking that everything is an either/or, bad or good choice in life.  Sometimes you can have two good things at once, or two bad things, or whatever.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Why do you think after 11 games this is a legit question?  

You can skip this thread if you are above this discussion. 

LVE is throwing heat, just like Juju has been throwing heat since day 1.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

I think it is totally different actually. At draft time I felt Zay was a safer choice than JuJu who is explosive but was a bit raw in some of his fundamentals - route running etc.

With Edmunds I actually felt like both he and VDE were a little raw but that Edmunds was the higher ceiling guy. Sometimes when you take that explosive, athletic freak it take a while for their fundamentals to catch up. I think that is where the Bills are with Edmunds. It is a different position than with Zay.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

This man is fantastic, looks like the real deal.  

The Saints dynamic running game wanted no parts of Vander Eshe 

Another unnecessary trade up from Beane ? 

LVE was drafted 19.  Trading up was necessary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I ordered the ? instead of the ?. That guy over there ordered the ?, and he’s gotten his food already. The people next to me keep commenting on that guy’s ?, saying how delicious it looks. I can’t actually see the ?, but just look at him, the guy is enjoying his meal SO MUCH. Damn, I’m such a loser. Even though this place is known for the ?, and what I really wanted was ?,  I should have gotten the ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

For those keeping score, Vander Esch (before last night's great performance) was ranked as the #6 LB in the league per PFF. Edmunds is #71 out of 82.

Having said that, I think this is a little different (though I didn't really love the Edmunds trade-up either). I think it was pretty easy to see that Zay was not the best WR on the board even at the time, and that's only proven to be true as things have gone on. It's not just Juju either. There were a bunch of other options at that point in the draft that would have been better than Zay too.

My only real issue with getting Edmunds is that I just don't fundamentally believe in trading up early in the draft in almost any situation.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We have to stop thinking that everything is an either/or, bad or good choice in life.  Sometimes you can have two good things at once, or two bad things.

Sounds like a religious quote of words to live by. :worthy:

.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by I am the egg man

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

For those keeping score, Vander Esch (before last night's great performance) was ranked as the #6 LB in the league per PFF. Edmunds is #71 out of 82.

He has definitely played better than Edmunds as a rookie. There is no debate about that. I just think it is different than Zay in that some rookie struggles from Edmunds were to be expected. He was the raw, high ceiling, athletic freak. Zay was supposed to be (and I agreed with this at the time - I was as wrong as the Bills) the safe, pro-ready, instant contributor.