Was Baker Mayfield a DOUCHE Yesterday?

3 hours ago, Tazor Face said:

So is Baker the only guy who sees his former boss and gives him a go ***** yourself?? 

Classless? Immature? No couthe?...he's not stealing, not trying to screw someone's old lady,  not putting on a false persona. 

He's a football player, he doesn't need to be PC, doesn't need a filter. It's perfectly ok not to respect and like other people, as long as he has the respect of that locker room.

I’ve never seen a former boss and told them to go **** themselves, have you?  I might talk ***** behind their back, but I wouldn’t make a scene in public.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve never seen a former boss and told them to go **** themselves, have you?  I might talk ***** behind their back, but I wouldn’t make a scene in public.  

Only once but in my defense I was well overserved. That bartender was WAY out of line.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There’s obviously no quicker way to show you’re growing up than to call your former coach “fake” on Instagram! Seriously, why is any NFL quarterback wasting their time in the comments section on Instagram? You don’t take to social media in order to air out your dirty laundry. This is the NFL, stop acting liking a teenage girl. 

Stop disrespecting teenage girls. 

I know a lot of teenage girls (no hinky reasons - I parent one) and every one of them is way more mature than Baker showed here, including the girls who have had a media spotlight on them for one or another reason.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Stop disrespecting teenage girls. 

I know a lot of teenage girls (no hinky reasons - I parent one) and every one of them is way more mature than Baker showed here, including the girls who have had a media spotlight on them for one or another reason.

Good point

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Nope, never have.  Couple times I would have dearly loved to, but overall small world and all that, KISS best policy (keep it silent, stupid)

19 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My initial reaction was “this kid has no class.”  Yet he’s a kid I guess.  I don’t know.  His behavior in that moment was classless.  I don’t know that I’m ready to completely judge his character though.

He didnt really ***** on Hue tho. He was honest about not liking the bengals move after he got fired. He actuslly threw Todd Haley under the bus with the 'we have someone we believe in calling the plays now' comment.

• 1 month later...

Well, so now we know Mayfield dislikes and has no respect for his ex-coach.  I don't blame him. 

Which makes this past season of "Hard Knocks" all the more enjoyable, now that we know what Baker was quietly thinking to himself during all those 1-on-1 on-camera exchanges with Jackson.

It's not a good look for the QB, who is supposed to be the face of your franchise. Given the up-arrow for the Browns heading into 2019, expectations will be high. It won't matter to the bean counters and the fan base as long as the Browns win, but this sort of immature attitude will grow old fast if the Browns struggle.

28 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

When does this go from motivation to unhealthy?

Mayfields Results on the field will determine how this is perceived in years down the road.

- If he wins, Super Bowls, HOF...Mayfield will be portrayed as a underdog winner with a chip on his shoulder that fuels him to being the ultimate gamer and clutch performer.

- If he loses, busts out of league, back up...Mayfield will be portrayed as an immature brat with mental issues who can’t handle big moments or criticism.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

When does this go from motivation to unhealthy?

Just my opinion, at this point it already has.  Mayfield is not motivating himself against an upcoming opponent or current criticism of his game.

He is carrying around a grudge against a twice-fired dude he will no longer deal with either as a coach or a likely opponent's coach.

He needs to read the story about the two monks and the woman and take it to heart.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1