Embarrassing sports admissions

Ridgewaycynic2013

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Looks more like a beer bottle opener.  Far more appropriate.

It probably was meant to be.  Labatts were the first owner of the Blue Jays, and went with that name, hoping people would call them the Blues. 

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Please see thread title, here's another one going right over my head.  What am I looking for?  Just the lighter blue to the left of the maple leaf?

it's drinking out of the eyeball

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

At 8:58 mark.

Bob...... 

we'll try an easier one...

image.png.ff293c5b25e5a8b121ff528e0d79aeda.png

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I see a penguin on the left and a dove on the right .... and my neck hurts now.

not a penguin, that's a jay, all that's missing is the loud shriek it cries out and clumsy landings on railings

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

I coached my sons little league team one year.  His house team, not the travel team he played on.   They were 11 years old.  I told everybody at the first practice everybody will get a chance to pitch as long they could show me in practice that they could throw strikes on a semi consistent basis.  This one kid, who was by far the worst player on the team(he had a decent arm) but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, his mom kept bugging me every game for him to pitch even though I knew if I put him in there it would be a disaster.  I told her bring him 45 minutes before each game & I will work with him pitching & if he shows improvement I will throw him in there.  Sure enough he would get there 2 minutes before every game.  Finally I had enough of her bitching & moaning & the last game of the season I started him just to shut her up.  His first pitch he hit a kid, his second pitch he hit another kid & they kicked him out of the game.  I walked over to the mother & said "see I told you, he is not ready."  She told me to go f*ck myself in front of all the other parents & pulled her kid from the dugout & took off.  Me & my two assistant coaches couldn't stop laughing the entire game.  

Some parents are complete a-holes.  About 20 years ago, I became a referee for wrestling.  Started with modified (Grades 7-8).  This one kid was heavily favored over his opponent.  Underdog gets the kid in a cradle and the kid is doing everything he can to not be pinned.  It was close, but I called him pinned.  This kid was PISSED.  After the entire match was over, the mother sought me out.  She found me and proceeded to rip me a new one for saying her son was pinned.  I told her, "he might be upset and a little embarrassed from being pinned; but I guarantee he's a lot more embarrassed that you're yelling at me about it."  She just stormed off.  That was my first and last year of refereeing.  Way too many of those parents made it unenjoyable.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

It probably was meant to be.  Labatts were the first owner of the Blue Jays, and went with that name, hoping people would call them the Blues. 

I did not know that!  

One Bills related story when I was 5 years old I asked my dad where they "make" or print money in Buffalo, because I assumed the Bills were named after dollar bills, ala the Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Oilers or whatever. I Bill to me had mean we had a US mint somewhere in the city.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Some parents are complete a-holes.  About 20 years ago, I became a referee for wrestling.  Started with modified (Grades 7-8).  This one kid was heavily favored over his opponent.  Underdog gets the kid in a cradle and the kid is doing everything he can to not be pinned.  It was close, but I called him pinned.  This kid was PISSED.  After the entire match was over, the mother sought me out.  She found me and proceeded to rip me a new one for saying her son was pinned.  I told her, "he might be upset and a little embarrassed from being pinned; but I guarantee he's a lot more embarrassed that you're yelling at me about it."  She just stormed off.  That was my first and last year of refereeing.  Way too many of those parents made it unenjoyable.

but the joy of being a ref is totally sticking it to a jerk out there

i guess it's really the best for the pros

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Ump's and Referee's in any youth sports take so much abuse it is a wonder anyone volunteers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

but the joy of being a ref is totally sticking it to a jerk out there

i guess it's really the best for the pros

I was reffing City league "adult' recreational basketball years many years ago. The guy I was reffing with swallowed  his whistle and wasn't making any calls. A guy in the stands starts berating us all through the 1st half. I was calling a good game for my areas of responsibility but did not cover for the other ref. So at halftime we go to the scorer's table and this guy in the stands is just screaming at me. I looked up in the stands at him and stated, "Go home and beat your wife."
Needless to say that was the 1st topic of conversation at our next referee's meeting. My supervisor had the biggest smile telling me not to let that happen again,

• Haha (+1) 1

A friend on my softball team had his teeth knocked out playing college hockey.  He was the 4th guy in sitting on the bench.  The puck rocketed up the glass towards the bench, the first 3 pulled their heads back and whammo!

42 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. I thought J.P. Losman would turn into a franchise QB."

"Go in peace, my son. Your penance is to watch the Bills every week."

My mother has a line of thinking that Hell is right here on earth, and for surviving this we get to Heaven. Bills fans get an express pass. 

• Like (+1) 2