Fournette suspension?

MarkAF43

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Easy Bruce Kardashian. Your emotions are getting in front of you here. 

Yes, I believe a person at a football game who throws a beer can at a guy is a douche who should be arrested. I already explained why. I don't think a person throwing a paper hot dog wrapper at a guy should be arrested, but still represents a douche move. 

I was absolutely insinuating that Fournette would likely beat the thrower to a bloody pulp if the beer can person faced him squarely instead of tossing a metal object at him from the saftey of the stands.  Again, I think someone throwing a can at a crowd can have unanticipated consequences, that seems like pretty basic math to me. 

I thought the Gronkowski move was criminal, I thought it was cheap and feel like throwing a beer can is a variation of of the same type of behavior. I was all for Gronkowski getting arrested. Before you blow a gasket, there are degrees of behavior, and Gronkowski  concussing Tre White would be worse than a beer can hitting Fournette and not causing injury. However, if a full beer can hit someone and say, fractured their eye socket we would have to revisit it. 

Fournette was a douche, Fournette was not innocent here and deserves to be suspended and fined.  I don't think what he did equates to what Gronkowski did, but can understand if you feel it's the same thing. 

My comment was on the fan and throwing things  at players. If your logic is that fans get to throw things as paying customers, and this is a sample of how you express yourself in writing,  I'm just not a fan of Bruce_Stools sample. 

First off, Bruce Kardashian?  You got the wrong type of feel off of my response.  Btw, I identify as an attack helicopter so....use the proper pronouns, jerk.

And to think I was speaking with any emotion other than thinking you sounded like an ass by saying someone who throws a can of beer should be arrested, but we’re all about him being in a cage against his will to get beaten.

If you don’t see the irony in that, then you are dumb.  It wasn’t really a personal attack, I just was dumbfounded at your views on throwing a beer vs a one sided brawl that would likely half kill someone.

He was also antogonizing the crowd as he was heading up the tunnel, after he ran from the sideline across the field to assault someone.  You ever been to a bar and there’s that one loud mouth that everyone wishes somebody would just shut up?   He was running his mouth like a tough guy and deserves what he has coming.

Edit.   Look dude, I have no interest in bickering with you.   I had an opinion, on your opinion, have a good day.

Edited by Bruce_Stools

1 minute ago, Bruce_Stools said:

First off, Bruce Kardashian?  You got the wrong type of feel off of my response.  Btw, I identify as an attack helicopter so....use the proper pronouns, jerk.

And to think I was speaking with any emotion other than thinking you sounded like an ass by saying someone who throws a can of beer should be arrested, but we’re all about him being in a cage against his will to get beaten.

If you don’t see the irony in that, then you are dumb.  It wasn’t really a personal attack, I just was dumbfounded at your views on throwing a beer vs a one sided brawl that would likely half kill someone.

He was also antogonizing the crowd as he was heading up the tunnel, after he ran from the sideline across the field to assault someone.  You ever been to a bar and there’s that one loud mouth that everyone wishes somebody would just shut up?   He was running his mouth like a tough guy and deserves what he has coming.

Of course I've been to a bar where someone was acting like a jerk. I'm 50+ years old and grew up in WNY. I work in a field where people frequently act like jerks, or worse.  In all that time, incredibly, almost as if by magic I never hid in a crowd and threw a beer can at the head of the jerk(s). To the best of my knowledge my friends navigated those waters without throwing a beer can either, but I can see now how much sense it makes because a jackass at a football game offends you. It's the perfect solution. 

As for the cage match, you are making the argument that it's ok to throw what amounts to a sucker punch from the stands, but wrong to suggest that the thrower should be man enough to meet fournette face to face? I'd think he (assuming the thrower was male, of course) would want to teach that jerk a lesson. 

Here's the real irony. You're openly advocating throwing beer cans and garbage at people and calling me dumb. 

Think about that for a minute, and then pretend you're in a debate and your best arguments are:

He was a jerk. 

Other people can be jerks, too.  

Therefore, the only logical answer is to hurl a beer can at his skull and if it happens to hit some poor attendant working the game, what other choice was there???

(Hint: there are other options)

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Of course I've been to a bar where someone was acting like a jerk. I'm 50+ years old and grew up in WNY. I work in a field where people frequently act like jerks, or worse.  In all that time, incredibly, almost as if by magic I never hid in a crowd and threw a beer can at the head of the jerk(s). To the best of my knowledge my friends navigated those waters without throwing a beer can either, but I can see now how much sense it makes because a jackass at a football game offends you. It's the perfect solution. 

As for the cage match, you are making the argument that it's ok to throw what amounts to a sucker punch from the stands, but wrong to suggest that the thrower should be man enough to meet fournette face to face? I'd think he (assuming the thrower was male, of course) would want to teach that jerk a lesson. 

Here's the real irony. You're openly advocating throwing beer cans and garbage at people and calling me dumb. 

Think about that for a minute, and then pretend you're in a debate and your best arguments are:

He was a jerk. 

Other people can be jerks, too.  

Therefore, the only logical answer is to hurl a beer can at his skull and if it happens to hit some poor attendant working the game, what other choice was there???

(Hint: there are other options)

Ok, so what I meant by my whole post was this.   If you think throwing a can is such an inexcusable offense, how can you sit there and say you’d advocate a fist fight between a midget and a mountain.   That was my point. I just didn’t think the guy should be arrested.   That’s it.  It was just a bunch of jerks doing jerk things.  2 wrongs don’t make a right, but he had that coming and a whole lot more.  I didn’t throw the can, I don’t know who did.

Youve questioned my intelligence with this big crazy argument, you’ve decided I was something that would be comparable to a “Bruce Kardashian”, when all I was getting at was how ridiculous it was to say the beer thrower should be arrested.   That to me seems soft and possibly said by a person who would resemble “Bruce Kardashian” more than I would.   

Goid day sir

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Lame doesn't cover it. What I see is about 25 people within a dozen feet or so of a guy with a helmet on, and two or three guys immediately  adjacent to Fournette. If the object hits any of them, the outcome may be totally different than harmless bouncing off a helmet. 

I go with criminal. Arrest the douche if you can find him, charge him appropriately and make an example of him. Then, when all is said and done, have him step into the ring in a tough guy competition with Fournette. 

Fournette got what he deserved for taunting the crowd.

What I don't understand is how you argue that the fan should be arrested for assault, but Fournette shouldn't be for assaulting Shaq. I would argue that a bare handed punch can have far more consequences than a half-full beer (You can see it spalsh everywhere if you pause the video which proves it wasn't unopened and full).

9 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Ok, so what I meant by my whole post was this.   If you think throwing a can is such an inexcusable offense, how can you sit there and say you’d advocate a fist fight between a midget and a mountain.   That was my point. I just didn’t think the guy should be arrested.   That’s it.  It was just a bunch of jerks doing jerk things.  2 wrongs don’t make a right, but he had that coming and a whole lot more.  I didn’t throw the can, I don’t know who did.

Youve questioned my intelligence with this big crazy argument, you’ve decided I was something that would be comparable to a “Bruce Kardashian”, when all I was getting at was how ridiculous it was to say the beer thrower should be arrested.   That to me seems soft and possibly said by a person who would resemble “Bruce Kardashian” more than I would.   

Goid day sir

Good*

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Goid day sir

Ok, I'll take the hit on the Kardashian comment. That was my bad going for a cheap laugh. 

In fairness though, you went on a rant about Fournette and gronk being douches as if that cancels out the fan behavior.  They are not mutually exclusive, and have little to do with the fan's behavior. 

I sincerely think that type of activity is not harmless. I think it's foolish and when you arrest someone for that sort of behavior it tends to send the right message.  I never suggested the jackhole go to Attica, btw, and my assumption would be an appearance ticket would be issued, a little $$$ on the line and a little embarrassment follows. I will say if my son was the thrower, my response would be "Actions have consequences, and thank God no one was hurt.". My father may have been less tactful had it been me. 

As for the cage match, again, that was more of a guy response to mynperceptiom of cowardly/drunken behavior. 

We can agree that gronk and fournette are dbags. That's enough for me. 

11 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Goid day sir

Was he meaning Bruce Jenner? Cause who the hell is Bruce Kardashian?

1 minute ago, Herc11 said:

What I don't understand is how you argue that the fan should be arrested for assault, but Fournette shouldn't be for assaulting Shaq. I would argue that a bare handed punch can have far more consequences than a half-full beer (You can see it spalsh everywhere if you pause the video which proves it wasn't unopened and full).

I didnt argue the Fournette should not be arrested. That issue was raised by the other poster.  

I do not disagree that getting punched can result in serious injury. I also agree that an empty Coors light can likely would not injure you unless you were having a really bad day. I do not agree that a full/semi full beer can  that strikes someone cannot cause injury, potentially serious in nature.  

Finally, I am totally at a loss as to how Fournettes actions with Shaq give the guy in Section 337, Row H, Seat 14 license to toss a beer can at him, even with fournette taunting the crowd. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

So Lawson is innocent bystander then?

What i saw is both threw punches at each others helmets (Which is idiotic) and then Lawson knocks Fournetts helmet off.

Yes, Fournett should have never been there, but Lawson is not innocent in all of this.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

What i saw is both threw punches at each others helmets (Which is idiotic) and then Lawson knocks Fournetts helmet off.

Yes, Fournett should have never been there, but Lawson is not innocent in all of this.

So if you're attacked and you fight back, you are guilty of assault???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ok, I'll take the hit on the Kardashian comment. That was my bad going for a cheap laugh. 

In fairness though, you went on a rant about Fournette and gronk being douches as if that cancels out the fan behavior.  They are not mutually exclusive, and have little to do with the fan's behavior. 

I sincerely think that type of activity is not harmless. I think it's foolish and when you arrest someone for that sort of behavior it tends to send the right message.  I never suggested the jackhole go to Attica, btw, and my assumption would be an appearance ticket would be issued, a little $$$ on the line and a little embarrassment follows. I will say if my son was the thrower, my response would be "Actions have consequences, and thank God no one was hurt.". My father may have been less tactful had it been me. 

As for the cage match, again, that was more of a guy response to mynperceptiom of cowardly/drunken behavior. 

We can agree that gronk and fournette are dbags. That's enough for me. 

We definitely can agree they are douchebags!

• Like (+1) 1

I think one thing that's being overlooked in this thread is that the Jaguars have become a very dirty team.

They were dirty last season - against the Bills and all of their opponents.  They were dirty the entire game leading up to the fight.

I don't know if that's Marrone's influence, Coughlin's influence, or just both of them turning a blind eye to it.  But they're dirty.  Period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s so funny how people get worked up about football fights when hockey players can assault each other and it’s cool. 

Hockey is an entire different culture. I didn't grow up in a hockey town, but the whole reason people looked forward to go see the semi-pro team here was the fights. Its inherently part of the sport, especially when the refs dont break up a fight until it hits the ground.

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Finally, I am totally at a loss as to how Fournettes actions with Shaq give the guy in Section 337, Row H, Seat 14 license to toss a beer can at him, even with fournette taunting the crowd. 

Section 337? Damn, that's a good throw, since that's upper deck, at the other end of the stadium. We should have put that guy in instead of Peterman.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Section 337? Damn, that's a good throw, since that's upper deck, at the other end of the stadium. We should have put that guy in instead of Peterman.

I have said for years now that we should have found that guy who 1st threw the dilld* on the field, and put him in at qb.  It was a beautiful throw

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

On 11/25/2018 at 9:54 PM, StHustle said:

Geez he complained about that soft tap?!?! Like dude you are facing suspension and a hefty fine and you want to bring up a fan love tapping you as what you had a problem with?!!?  #deflection

Wasn't worth mentioning

18 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Throwing things is idiotic. Punching opposing players and  costing your own team is also idiotic. Waving your arms at the opposing crowd after you have been ejected is __________. Fill in the blank.

Fournette is a bozo, the guys ushering both players off the field also need brain transplants.

Let’s get these guys down the tunnel at the same time I’m sure that will end just swell. It had a WWF feel, brought me back about 25 years. 

You just need to post "look at my name".

Because everything you posted could have been fixed if there was some on the field. 

Edited by Agent 91

13 hours ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Goid day sir

I almost commented but I will simply say. People do things without fear because of anonymity. Arent you tired of taking your woman or child to games because of the buffoonery that goes on. I used to think that those fans jumping through tables and getting pissy in the parking lots was just quirky buffalo. Now I have a 2 year old son. And I hate the fact that people just get away with so much crap there. Why? Because they are drunk, or.... because they know they can do things and never face the music. They know they can be fined... sent to toy jail or suspended. But as the other guy posted. Would they do it if they knew Fournette would be waiting for them in the lot? Are they that bold? I really dont care what happens to them for that cowardice. I really am sick of the way we as a fanbase are starting to be portrayed

Edit... You are not Bruce Jenner 

12 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

These dudes get paid to run into each other. This is one of the most physical games there are. A hockey fight is WAAAAAY more dangerous than that. You will more likely break a hand jaw or cause a concussion. If Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan, or AJ Green and Jalen Ramsey didnt elicit anything. That little patty cake shouldn't bat any eyes

Easy decision.

Jags' RB Fournette's Suspension Upheld on Appeal

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette lost his appeal for his one-game suspension Wednesday and will miss this weekend's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Fournette was suspended by the NFL for one game for violations of unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness following a fight Sunday against Buffalo defensive end Shaq Lawson.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Easy decision.

Jags' RB Fournette's Suspension Upheld on Appeal

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette lost his appeal for his one-game suspension Wednesday and will miss this weekend's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Fournette was suspended by the NFL for one game for violations of unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness following a fight Sunday against Buffalo defensive end Shaq Lawson.

Excellent - assumed this was coming, but good to see.  

If he had stayed on his sideline the line the fight would never had progressed.

• Like (+1) 2