Greatest Thing About this Win

vorpma

29 minutes ago, vorpma said:

It will at least quiet the "lovable temper tantrum gang" for one week; Josh had some great throws today!

You think they're lovable? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

It will at least quiet the "lovable temper tantrum gang" for one week; Josh had some great throws today!

I wouldn't say it's the greatest thing but it will be nice.

I think the greatest thing was Allen being fairly accurate.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

He had some big plays, showed heart etc etc.  He's still too inconsistent on short and intermediate throws, the ones that are made consistently by QB's who play a lot in the playoff's and win SB's. A QB who uses his legs a lot is a QB who doesn't use his arm enough...

42% completion today, 160 yards.  I know a win is a win, but yikes.

Edited by PeterDude

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

Have you read this board? A lot of Josh haters still mouthing off! I wished you were right but nope...

The temper tantrum gang may love to throw tantrums but boy do we love winning more than anything. JA's my boy this week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

He had some big plays, showed heart etc etc.  He's still too inconsistent on short and intermediate throws, the ones that are made consistently by QB's who play a lot in the playoff's and win SB's. A QB who uses his legs a lot is a QB who doesn't use his arm enough...

I'd turn him loose until the game slows down some. Until then keep finding them running lanes. 2 TDS 0 INTS 259 yards offense. Against a top defense too. Had some success against a top 3 CB. If he repeats this performance 5 more times we'll be in the playoffs at 9-7.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd turn him loose until the game slows down some. Until then keep finding them running lanes. 2 TDS 0 INTS 259 yards offense. Against a top defense too. Had some success against a top 3 CB. If he repeats this performance 5 more times we'll be in the playoffs at 9-7.

I'd like to see him become a more competent passer by season's end.  He just seems like one of those QB's that has wheels that can take away from developing the passing.

Edited by PeterDude
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

If you have a chance, look at Elway in 1983 - that is who Allen resembles most in style of play and results

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
1983 23 DEN QB 7 11 10 4-6-0 123 259 47.5 1663 7 2.7 14 5.4 49 6.4 4.5 13.5 151.2 54.9 28 218 5.03 3.33 9.8 1

Today the kid had no turnovers and no sacks versus the 4th ranked D in the league - while throwing and running for a TD.  3-2 record in his complete games too.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He had two third-down passes completed for first downs wiped out by penalties, plus the egregious drop by Thompson wiping out another first down. He passed better than the stats show. Yes, he needs to do better. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I'd like to see him become a more competent passer by season's end.  He just seems like one of those QB's that has wheels that can take away from developing the passing.

2 or 3 of his runs were too much, I agree, but you gonna fault him for that when he had 99 yards and a 1 TD? Really?

14 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Again.  Stats stats stats.  How about the 2 great throws called back.  The drop by Thompson.  And the 2 where wrs ran wrong routes.  Suppose they were his fault too. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

If you have a chance, look at Elway in 1983 - that is who Allen resembles most in style of play and results

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
1983 23 DEN QB 7 11 10 4-6-0 123 259 47.5 1663 7 2.7 14 5.4 49 6.4 4.5 13.5 151.2 54.9 28 218 5.03 3.33 9.8 1

Today the kid had no turnovers and no sacks versus the 4th ranked D in the league - while throwing and running for a TD.  3-2 record in his complete games too.

Elway is who he reminds me of most also. Crazy legs with a canon arm. I think the comparison is valid.

33 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Great post, good insight PeterDude!