Postgame thread: Bills 24 Jags 21

BuffAlone

6.0 million a year for 3.4 yards . Should have moved on with him.

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Murphy didn't have a carry today.

Either did joe cribbs, Billy Joel, Bobby Burnett,  or Wray Carlton, what does that have do with him

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

6.0 million a year for 3.4 yards . Should have moved on with him.

Either did joe cribbs, Billy Joel, Bobby Burnett,  or Wray Carlton, what does that have do with him

You are posting in the post-game thread about a player that didn't even play a down in the game. And drawing conclusions about other players based on this. That's what it has to do with it. Saying that Murphy averaged 5.5 yards per carry running draw plays when the Bills were down by 30 is completely irrelevant to how Shady played today.

Edited by vincec

1 minute ago, vincec said:

You are posting in the post-game thread about a player that didn't even play a down in the game. And drawing conclusions about other players based on this. That's what it has to do with it. Saying that Murphy averaged 5.5 yards per carry running draw plays when the Bills were down by 30 is completely irrelevant to how Shady played today.

Its a one man crusade. Hard to pull off!

I'm pretty sure everyone else realizes Shady is still Shady and there are reasons for statistics.

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Allen took a clear step forward today. Still needs a lot of work, obviously, but from the stands I really liked what I saw. 

We know he can run but he made some great throws. Should have had 5 more big completions but were taken away by drops or penalty. 

Where were you? I was sitting in 338. 

52 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why does everyone feel like it's necessary to be in a certain QB camp?

As a prelude to a strong post, this point shouldn't be overlooked. 

Forget the tribalism that infects our culture. Be a fan of the BILLS as a team. Don't waste energy in futile binary debates. It's not a one-or-the-other, zero sum game. 

The freshly-rehabbed first-round QB took a step forward today. The newly-signed street FA looked really solid two weeks ago. Both assessments are positive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

3 days and 3 straight wins for buffalo teams! 

Wins by the Sabres on Friday and Saturday, then a win by the Bills on Sunday. Couldn’t ask for a much better buffalo sports weekend. 

Bills & Sabres are 11-0 in the past 3 weeks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

BILLS-JAGS: TWO TEAMS GOING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS

So Buffalo is one team that’s not going to the AFC playoffs. But any team that’s played them will tell you that Sean McDermott’s got that group fighting its ass off. And this week they were given a cause: to defend their starting quarterback.

You’ll see in the Tweet of the Week the specific shot that Jalen Ramsey took at the Buffalo rookie in the spring after he was drafted. Rest assured, Allen’s teammates saw it, and it resonated with them, which is part of why Sunday’s date with the Jaguars got chippy to a point where, late in the game, Jags running back Leonard Fournette and Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson squared up like boxers, and took their scuffle all the way up the tunnel.

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/bills-jaguars-was-chiefs-rams-inverted

This author helps us check our QB enthusiasm from an outsider's (also known as a d@#che's) perspective. I mean, Canadians, amiright?!

Just joking about the Northern Neighbors dig. I was married to a Canadian once.

Kryk, in the article, being kind: "The most impressive positive: Allen had a scintillating first-half pass completion, the best of his young career. He hung in there in a fast-collapsing pocket and, just before getting clobbered, launched a rocket to undrafted rookie Robert Foster, streaking deep behind Jags safety Barry Church. Foster caught it in stride and scored on a 75-yard play. Allen’s cannon arm is for real.

Those were the exceptions." You can see the segue here to being...less...kind. 

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/bills-jaguars-was-chiefs-rams-inverted

This author helps us check our QB enthusiasm from an outsider's (also known as a d@#che's) perspective. I mean, Canadians, amiright?!

Just joking about the Northern Neighbors dig. I was married to a Canadian once.

Kryk, in the article, being kind: "The most impressive positive: Allen had a scintillating first-half pass completion, the best of his young career. He hung in there in a fast-collapsing pocket and, just before getting clobbered, launched a rocket to undrafted rookie Robert Foster, streaking deep behind Jags safety Barry Church. Foster caught it in stride and scored on a 75-yard play. Allen’s cannon arm is for real.

Those were the exceptions." You can see the segue here to being...less...kind. 

The opening of that article is terribly written. Something tells me he wrote that headline before the game.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The opening of that article is terribly written. Something tells me he wrote that headline before the game.

Seems plausible Rams and Chiefs were two top offenses clashing and this was two top defenses going against each other. Doesn't feel like it quite fit his narrative though.