Hakeem Butler 6’6” 225 lbs WR ISU

CEN-CAL17

5 hours ago, billspro said:

Guys usually run 0.15 slower than they think at the combine. 

Any chance he will be at the senior bowl? His route running is all I really care about. He is wide open in most of those highlights.

There is a chance if he declares he may be invited.

Not saying I don’t like Brown... Just would be tough to think a 168 lb WR is gonna be a stand out.

Dede Westbrook looked amazing some games at OU. But you just knew it wasn’t going to be like that in the league because of his size. 

Not comparing Westbrook to Brown. Just saying size does absolutely matter. Westbrook was a great college player. 

Sorry but but I do want a guy that can stretch the field and make tough catches, shield defenders if needed.

I do like Harry overall. The point of the thread is Butler is gonna be recognized sooner rather than later. He’s already considered a 1st round guy in some eyes. He’ll get his 15 mins of fame and it may just launch him up the board. 

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Dede Westbrook looked amazing some games at OU. But you just knew it wasn’t going to be like that in the league because of his size. 

Not comparing Westbrook to Brown. Just saying size does absolutely matter. Westbrook was a great college player. 

Sorry but but I do want a guy that can stretch the field and make tough catches, shield defenders if needed.

I do like Harry overall. The point of the thread is Butler is gonna be recognized sooner rather than later. He’s already considered a 1st round guy in some eyes. He’ll get his 15 mins of fame and it may just launch him up the board. 

Dude. I could name about 20 guys under 6 foot making big impacts all over the league. Size is overrated.

We'll see about this Butler dude. Haven't actually watched him play.

45 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Dude. I could name about 20 guys under 6 foot making big impacts all over the league. Size is overrated.

We'll see about this Butler dude. Haven't actually watched him play.

Name those 20.... I’d say maybe 5 who actually make an impact. Then name me 1 under 5’10” 180 lbs.

Youre not going to find anyone near 5’10” 168. Tureen Hill, got it. But he’s 185 and thick!

Edelman, Antonio Brown, Tavon Austin (not really).... 

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry to burst your bubble boys and girls but Marquise Brown is the best wide receiver in this draft and it's not even close.....

I LOVE your confidence. I also have no clue who he is. 

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You will after the combine.  Watch his highlights today on that Wildcat play....

Wildcat does not work in the NFL. Especially if a 168 lb WR is in the backfield.

Im not hating on Brown, he’s great. It’s just we are talking about the NFL where everyone is great. IMO I just don’t see a 5’9” 168 lb WR being a #1 WR go to guy in the league.

Why Do I believe this? Cause it would be a first.

7 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Wildcat does not work in the NFL. Especially if a 168 lb WR is in the backfield.

Im not hating on Brown, he’s great. It’s just we are talking about the NFL where everyone is great. IMO I just don’t see a 5’9” 168 lb WR being a #1 WR go to guy in the league.

You convinced me.  We should draft Marquise Brown in the 1st round.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

D.K. Metcalf is the best WR in college football and the best WR I've seen since Julio or Megatron.

After the pre-draft process, watch how he shoots up draft boards.  

I’ve heard multiple fans of ole miss say Metcalf is better than AJ Brown.

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There is not a WR I’d be happy to draft in the first round unless we were to trade back into the mid 20’s.  Guys I would like there are J.J. Arcega-Whiteside or Kelvin Harmon.

Whiteside is one of the sneaky good players, makes tough catches and fights for the ball. I hope we get him.

DK Metcalf is the best this year and hope we get him too. Wish we had four first like the jets did that one year back in the 90s. Although I think they bombed it lol.

If we had four firsts I would pick. Bosa, Jonah Williams, Dexter Lawrence and DK Metcalf.

42 catches this year? 41 catches last  year and 9 before that? 

I'll need to see an awful lot more. Is this guy really a first rounder?

How much separation is he getting? The one route on that tape where he cut, it was really rounded off. He's skinny, will he hold up? Great balance and determination, though, that was impressive.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

You're right.  I was looking on the Iowa State website and did not notice that it has 2017 roster information, not 2018.  Everything is a year out of date.

Most college football roster websites are like that lol they will update at end of season lmao

Edited by Buffalo716

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

42 catches this year? 41 catches last  year and 9 before that? 

I'll need to see an awful lot more. Is this guy really a first rounder?

How much separation is he getting? The one route on that tape where he cut, it was really rounded off. He's skinny, will he hold up? Great balance and determination, though, that was impressive.

FWIW, Drafttek has him mid 2nd.  I believe 46-49 overall on their big board?

17 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

dude I LOVE Hakeem Butler more than like anyone on this board (He reminds me of AJ Green)  but to discredit Hollywood because of his size is being severely ignorant to the fact that 3 of the top 5 recievers in the nfl are under 6 foot.

AB- 5'10 180

Tyreek Hill - 5'10 185

OBJ - 5'11 190

You'd be a fool to think that Hollywood isn't going to put on weight in an NFL diet program and off season regimen. He is the most dynamic WR in this draft and its not close. He would drastically change the trajectory of this offense he is much more Tyreek Hill than Roscoe Parrish. 

1 hour ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

dude I LOVE Hakeem Butler more than like anyone on this board (He reminds me of AJ Green)  but to discredit Hollywood because of his size is being severely ignorant to the fact that 3 of the top 5 recievers in the nfl are under 6 foot.

AB- 5'10 180

Tyreek Hill - 5'10 185

OBJ - 5'11 190

You'd be a fool to think that Hollywood isn't going to put on weight in an NFL diet program and off season regimen. He is the most dynamic WR in this draft and its not close. He would drastically change the trajectory of this offense he is much more Tyreek Hill than Roscoe Parrish. 

I biggest point with Browns size is his weight. He’s listed at 168 lbs. And like I said I bet he measures at 5’9”. 

I dont see him being a AB, OBJ or Hill who are all nearly 15 pounds or more heavier.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

53 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I biggest point with Browns size is his weight. He’s listed at 168 lbs. And like I said I bet he measures at 5’9”. 

I dont see him being a AB, OBJ or Hill who are all nearly 15 pounds or more heavier.

I think he is more similar to Desean Jackson. I'd take him on this team in a heartbeat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

This looks like a good WR class. Hope we get the right guy. 

Hopefully we get at least two guys.

The WR depth chart needs to be completely rebuilt.

Would love a possession receiver with size and a burner who can stretch the field. 

• Like (+1) 3