Around the NFL Week 11

26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

And then 2 min later throws a nice ball for a TD. Meanwhile our guy has been hurt since week 4 was it? 

Give it a break.

Fitzgerald ran wide open into the endzone. The Raiders defense is terrible. I wanted Rosen but truthfully he has not looked like the NFL ready passer he was advertised to be.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Take the extra point, extend the game and try your chances in OT.

Your logic is flawed.  Why is it better to try your chances in OT than on the 2-point conversion?   The Panthers have a 6’6” 250 lb QB who should have been able to run that ball into the end zone in his sleep.  And the kicker already missed a short FG and an extra point.

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

Trying to win the game is moronic?

absolutely

94% chance of kicking the extra pt and going into OT with momentum? Or a 1 play 47% chance of the 2 pt conversion for a win?

I would take the OT anyday. I called it moronic before the play was snapped for the record and it looks just like that when sitting their with a big fat L now. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

absolutely

94% chance of kicking the extra pt and going into OT with momentum? Or a 1 play 47% chance of the 2 pt conversion for a win?

I would take the OT anyday.

If your percentages are correct, then there’s absolutely no reason to prefer a kick over a 2-point attempt.  And your odds ignore the facts that (1) the kicker already missed a short FG and an extra point and (2) Cam Newton’s 2-point conversion percentage should be considerably better than 47%. The play call was poor, but that’s a different issue.

And your “momentum” argument is silly.  It’s absolutely meaningless, especially in that situation.

• Like (+1) 1