Around the NFL Week 11

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, mannc said:

If your percentages are correct, then there’s absolutely no reason to prefer a kick over a 2-point attempt.  And your odds ignore the facts that (1) the kicker already missed a short FG and an extra point and (2) Cam Newton’s 2-point conversion percentage should be considerably better than 47%. The play call was poor, but that’s a different issue.

And your “momentum” argument is silly.  It’s absolutely meaningless, especially in that situation.

Mike Schopp is that you?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

If your percentages are correct, then there’s absolutely no reason to prefer a kick over a 2-point attempt.  And your odds ignore the facts that (1) the kicker already missed a short FG and an extra point and (2) Cam Newton’s 2-point conversion percentage should be considerably better than 47%. The play call was poor, but that’s a different issue.

And your “momentum” argument is silly.  It’s absolutely meaningless, especially in that situation.

It was a stupid call regardless that a seasoned kicker (Gano) missed a FG and extra point earlier, whom has been money all year. The panthers historic 2pt success rate is now 40%.

AS a coach you have to put you team in position for the best chance to win and this was not it. How can you sit here and support it after they just lost because of it?  The Panthers put up 2 TD's in the last 10min of 4th QTR to possibly tie the game. Team momentum isn't "silly" either., they were playing their best ball all day in the 4th, you ride that *****. 

The Panthers now cling to the 6th seed with 7th, 8th and NO twice on the schedule still.

The play call was a moronic before hindsight based on percentages and will most likely cost them the playoffs and RR his job at season end.  You kick the damn extra point to tie the game and go into OT.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It was a stupid call regardless that a seasoned kicker (Gano) missed a FG and extra point earlier, whom has been money all year. The panthers historic 2pt success rate is now 40%.

AS a coach you have to put you team in position for the best chance to win and this was not it. How can you sit here and support it after they just lost because of it?  The Panthers put up 2 TD's in the last 10min of 4th QTR to possibly tie the game. Team momentum isn't "silly" either., they were playing their best ball all day in the 4th, you ride that *****. 

The Panthers now cling to the 6th seed with 7th, 8th and NO twice on the schedule still.

The play call was a moronic before hindsight based on percentages and will most likely cost them the playoffs and RR his job at season end.  You kick the damn extra point to tie the game and go into OT.  

Wait, you just changed the numbers.  You said 47% chance of making the deuce and 94% chance of making the kick (ignoring Gano’s two awful misses earlier in the game).

And if momentum is so important, why doesn’t the Panthers’ momentum (from just having put up those two TDS) give them a better shot at converting the two-pointer??? Or does momentum only matter in OT?

Edited by mannc

27 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

No way Ron Rivera gets fired this offseason. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Wait, you just changed the numbers.  You said 47% chance of making the deuce and 96% chance of making the kick (ignoring Gano’s two awful misses earlier in the game).

And if momentum is so important, why doesn’t the Panthers’ momentum (from just having put up those two TDS) give them a better shot at converting the two-pointer??? Or does momentum only matter in OT?

Newton had a wide open receiver. There was no excuse for him to miss the throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Newton had a wide open receiver. There was no excuse for him to miss the throw. 

I could not tell from the angle I saw.  It looked like he could have walked it in, too.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Oh I see. So any position that disagrees with your schoopist “Analytics “ perspective isn’t “logic.”

I backed up my point with logic.  You didn’t.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

My logic was sound, and not coincidentally, backed up by the result.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

My logic was sound, and not coincidentally, backed up by the result.

So your logic is “take your chances in OT” but no explanation why that’s better than taking your chances in the two point conversion?  That’s not logic.  It’s just conventional wisdom, which happens to be wrong.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You want to give it a break unless you are bitching about Josh Allen....YOU give it a break

So what did I say that was false. All of you kept telling me how injury prone Rosen is and I continually replied how our guy hurt his throwing arm multiple times and everyone kept moaning about it. 

Now that I'm mentioning facts, not even an opinion, you're moaning again. I used to be overly sensitive and positive about the Bills and trust me, it ain't worth it. Results.

Edited by Elite Poster

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Gruden and Carr are not getting along at all. That's the 3rd time they've showed them in an argument on the sidelines after a failed 3rd down play. I'm shocked he wasn't traded before the deadline.

Someone is going to get gifted a Quarterback by that clown. 

Just now, Elite Poster said:

Still watching?

Yep still watching and listening. If you think I'm hard on Rosen you should listen to the broadcast crew. Even his completions they are saying he is holding the ball too long and getting lucky. I'm not gonna be that hard on him. The TD pass he just had was a nice throw.

The Raiders must be tanking. 4th and 1 from the Arizona 38 and they punted into the endzone.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yep

Jesus you are a joke.....he was late and off target on 3 of those passes....then his vet receiver Fizgerald bails him out.....against the Raiders lol

The perfect pass to Christian Kirk on the sideline? Bailed out by Larry? That was a pretty good throw. I don't even like Rosen that much but everyone is so damn sensitive about him here. Mention the positive along with the negative if we want to have fair debates.

Edited by Elite Poster

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If you think I'm hard on Rosen you should listen to the broadcast crew. Even his completions they are saying he is holding the ball too long and getting lucky.

Here's an example:

And just so someone doesn't whine to me, here's the TD throw:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Here's an example:

Rosen was looking elsewhere before he turned to Kirk.  Archuleta doesn't know the progression on that play and we can't see from the broadcast who he was looking at although it looks to be in the middle of the field. 

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

The perfect pass to Christian Kirk on the sideline? Bailed out by Larry? That was a pretty good throw. I don't even like Rosen that much but everyone is so damn sensitive about him here. Mention the positive along with the negative if we want to have fair debates.

It was a LATE pass

and if you want to have fair debates then stop opening your mouth at every opportunity about your OWN quarterback then sit there and tell ppl that someone on another team is not playing well

I have seen every throw Rosen had made before today and there is some bad there, more than I'd have expecter his rookie year, but he is on a terrible team and there are still some genuinely outstanding NFL throws. 

Rebuilding the line is priority 1 in 'zona. Priority 2 should be getting a Head Coach in who isn't so obviously in waaaaay over his head. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It was a LATE pass

and if you want to have fair debates then stop opening your mouth at every opportunity about your OWN quarterback then sit there and tell ppl that someone on another team is not playing well

Come again, not sure that made sense? Anyways, should we not be talking about our own guy on a Buffalo Bills message board? I usually enjoy our back and forth but you're off today.