I have a mouse

Kirby Jackson

In college we had a an electric trap called the rat zapper.  They walked in and got electrocuted.  We killed a ton of mice but that was in a disgusting frat house.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest full claymore perimeter, trip wires, flares and a flame thrower.   To catch mice you gotta think like them. Little furry insurgents.  Vermin cong.  Ho Chi Mice.

• Haha (+1) 4

The poison isn’t always the best method. They take the poison back to their best and eat it. Then they die (usually inside a wall or under a floor or ceiling board). If there are multiple mice all dying around the same time the odor can be tough to handle until they all deteriorate and soft tissue/organs dry out. 

Best bet bet is conventional trap. It’s humane. Put along wall like Gugny said. 

Make a drinking/betting game out of it with your friends...everyone drink when a trap goes off, everyone picks an hour and if it goes off on your hour you win, etc. 

• Like (+1) 2

....and he hasn't got a house, I don't why I call him Gerald. He's getting rather old but he's a good mouse.

Set up a kill field of snap traps. The more the merrier.  Along a wall is best. I have had more success with the cheap ones. Although the plastic one someone suggested is a bit easier to set the only thing I ever caught with that was a rat which was bigger. Mouse just seemed to pick it clean without triggering it.

6 hours ago, mrags said:

I’ve seen someone catch one and clips it’s feet off with nail clippers so it couldn’t get away. He then made it his pet. 

You must have been bummed when your friend Jeffrey got whacked in prison.

Anyway, my advice to the OP is slice open some silica gel packets from shoe boxes.  They say do not eat on them but that is a government ruse.  I fed them to my hamster Sammy and now he can talk.  In fact, he never stops talking.  If you have a mouse you have a bunch.  If they all start talking you can locate them all and have a meeting.  Threaten them with a cat and tell them to move to your neighbor's house.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

In college we had a an electric trap called the rat zapper.  They walked in and got electrocuted.  We killed a ton of mice but that was in a disgusting frat house.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest full claymore perimeter, trip wires, flares and a flame thrower.   To catch mice you gotta think like them. Little furry insurgents.  Vermin cong.  Ho Chi Mice.

I have a few from.my days in the vietkong army.

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Burn your house down and start anew.

Honestly, this was my preference. 

Update:  He escaped the glue trap overnight. He must have ended on the plastic outside and flipped it (thanks Tomcat). I know where he is though so traps are set everywhere. It looks like “Home Alone” in here .

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

reusable if you want to clean off the mouse excretions.  

Nope. I just open the trap over the trash can, drop the mouse, and reset it. Sometimes there's still peanut butter left in it, so I don't even need to re-bait the trap.