Week 10: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Chris Ivory Out, Wyatt Teller Starting at LG, and Levi Wallace Starting at CB

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not ideal, but better than the other healthy alternative. 

The other healthy alternative is Peterman...who is the backup today...no way Barkley pulls a muscle or gets hurt today, right? Not ideal?

Edited by nucci

For some STRANGE reason, I feel like Barkley might have a decent game.

Very little is expected from him so there's virtually no pressure. He's at least got an NFL arm. He's similar to Anderson who I think may have played slightly better if he was 100 percent committed to it.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 10: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Wyatt Teller Starting at LG
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 10: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Wyatt Teller Starting at LG and Levi Wallace Starting CB
2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wyatt Teller is starting in place of Vlad Ducasse and Levi Wallace is our #2 CB. They're giving the kids some real action.

It's a good decision. What do they have to lose?

• Like (+1) 3

Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer 

The Bills are starting an undrafted rookie, Levi Wallace, at cornerback in his NFL debut Sunday against the Jets. Wallace, once a walk-on at Alabama, was promoted from the practice squad this week after Phillip Gaines was released. He gets the nod over Ryan Lewis, who had started three games earlier this season in place of Gaines. That included Lewis' NFL debut, a Week 3 win over Minnesota.

The Bills will start Wyatt Teller, a fifth-round rookie, at left guard Sunday against the Jets in place of Vladimir Ducasse. The Bills gave Teller some snaps in last Sunday's loss to the Bears in place of Ducasse; it was Teller's NFL debut. Now he gets his chance to start.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 10: Jets Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Chris Ivory Out, Wyatt Teller Starting at LG, and Levi Wallace Starting at CB

Rooting for Levi Wallace big time. Seems like a great kid, easy to root for. He’s gonna get picked on and I’m sure he knows it and welcomes the challenge. Walk-ons that get awarded full scholarships at Alabama are rare and I like his chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I think Teller is starting on a long career with the Bills.  He and Wallace are the youth movement the team needs.  Look at them and see what they can do.  

It's good to see.

Could Ike Boettger be also in the plans to eventually be starting?

• Like (+1) 1

What possibly could be the thinking behind signing and starting Matt Barkley for one game over signing a proven vet like a Sam Bradford?  I would honestly rather see 5pick Peterman play over Barkely.   I think the process is literally ..throw crap on a wall and see what sticks.   The fans of this team deserve better than what they're putting on the field today.

Just now, Dan said:

What possibly could be the thinking behind signing and starting Matt Barkley for one game over signing a proven vet like a Sam Bradford?  I would honestly rather see 5pick Peterman play over Barkely.   I think the process is literally ..throw crap on a wall and see what sticks.   The fans of this team deserve better than what they're putting on the field today.

Bradford is not worth a quarter of what he has earned. By starting Barkley, we see what we have as a backup. News flash: we aren't making the playoffs, so we see what we have.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Ducasse played well to start the season and has gradually reverted to horrible.  Not a good look for Castillo.

Im cool with sending his ass packing

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Bradford has been AWFUL this year 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bradford didn't practice with the Cardinals for five weeks due to a bone-on-bone condition in his knee.  He's damaged goods.  Peterman is done in Buffalo. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Bradford is not worth a quarter of what he has earned. By starting Barkley, we see what we have as a backup. News flash: we aren't making the playoffs, so we see what we have.

Im cool with sending his ass packing

Just now, WMDman said:

Bradford has been AWFUL this year 

I'm not saying Bradford is good.. Or deserves the money he's been paid.  I'm saying he's definitely better than the guy we're auditioning today.    They're treating today like its the preaseason and i find it disrespectful to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It's good to see.

Could Ike Boettger be also in the plans to eventually be starting?

Boettger is a good interior run blocker.  If stays healthy and improves his pass blocking he could be paired with Teller as the starting guards next year.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bradford didn't practice with the Cardinals for five weeks due to a bone-on-bone condition in his knee.  He's damaged goods.  Peterman is done in Buffalo. 

If he's injured and can't/doesn't want to play, that at least makes sense. Thanks, I wasn't aware of his condition.   I still wish they could have found someone that might have been a decent starter.