Nate Peterman "I'm ready to go win a game"

BmarvB

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

The reality for Nate is that he should be playing for his roster spot. 

If he stinks it up again, he should be cut and signed to the practice squad. We will not carry 4 QBs. 

I would not sign him to the PS at all. We don't need that continued stinkage in the locker room. Febreze the crap out his locker.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I can't wait for his break out game. I stand by this guy. He's going to have the only 300 yard game for the Bills this season. I don't say that blindly. I know he has INT's but he shows an understanding of the passing game, he just has to learn NFL game speed. He's young and lacks arm strength. The only way for him to beat NFL defenses is to play and learn. 

YE OLE tends to agree with this assessment of young Nathaniel. He lacks arm strength and will never be able to consistently deliver on deep routes to the sidelines. That being said he has made some nice throws into tight windows and at some point if he continues to play he probably will have a good game. Could be Sunday... or he could throw a bunch of picks again. YE OLE doubts we will see a middle of the road game manager type game from him though. He will try to sling it all over whether he should or not.

8 hours ago, nucci said:

You have to be able to zip the ball in to tight spots...arm strength is very important

heard that somewhere before....within scrolling range too i might add.  take a look at the throw, i think to holmes in the texans game. he has the accuracy to make up a little of zip. but there wasn't nothing slow about that ball.  he needs to learn how to milk a second or two to let things develop or chuck it out.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Leave poor Nate alone. Tyrod spent the better part of his Bills career never throwing the ball at all! ;)

It’s ironic they’ve gone from an ultra-cautious QB with a pretty good arm to a limp armed one that doesn’t play within his extreme athletic limitations. 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Leave poor Nate alone. Tyrod spent the better part of his Bills career never throwing the ball at all! ;)

Neither player was handled well by the Bills. Tyrod should have been given those two road games at San Diego and KC and then the Pats game.  If he just kept being Tyrod he should have been replaced in a softer spot like at home against the Colts. Who gives  a rookie his first start in a game on the road against the #3 defense in the NFL. Insane.

Edited by Kevin1778

The only was we are winning with this guy is if we throw like 5 passes. I wouldn’t even let Peterman effect the outcome. He can move a little. I would let him run it a little and throw in a few options. 5 passes for the entire game at the absolute most. The guy obviously has a mental block. Just have him be a glorified middle man in handoffs and various incredibly safe screen passes. Don’t even allow this guy to lose.

10 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I can't wait for his break out game. I stand by this guy. He's going to have the only 300 yard game for the Bills this season. I don't say that blindly. I know he has INT's but he shows an understanding of the passing game, he just has to learn NFL game speed. He's young and lacks arm strength. The only way for him to beat NFL defenses is to play and learn. 

If Daboll was smart he will take every play that has an out pattern in it out of the playbook hahaha.

Daball should just wild cat the entire game with McCoy, Pryor and the other rb. 

Putting Nate in is just surrendering the game which guarantees a lose. 

If we are losing on purpose, McD has got to go. 

Objective is to win and improve. Not get blown out in 80% of games. 

No way Nate Plays, it would be pure sabotage and a complete joke for the rest of the nfl

Edited by PittsforDave

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would like to see a list of 5th rd QB's that started in their 1st or 2nd year. I would honestly give Peterman a 3rd year before I released him. I think if we released him a team will grab him before he gets to our PS. I would like to see Peterman play behind a better O-Line with better weapons before making a final evaluation on him.

I’m shocked that no one claimed Peterman off waivers.

.....with the ongoing "state" of backup NFL QB's, he may get a chance elsewhere at some point.....probably poor judgment to expect a 5th rounder to make the quantum leap to starter in his 2nd year with all of the known offensive deficiencies around him....good luck young man and chase your dream..........