Bills sign Matt Barkley and Colton Schmidt; Taiwan Jones and Bojorquez to IR

YoloinOhio

Bills Fans: Sticking with Peterman was the dumbest thing McBeane could do.

McBeane: Hold our beers.

Edited to ask: Isn't it the case that teams can go after any player on another team's practice squad? If that is correct, then I have to believe any practice squad QB would be better than Barkley.

Edited by IronyAbounds
  • Like (+1) 1

Thank God Beane didn't trade away our first rounder in 2019. 

16 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

The way I see it Mack hurts Peterman during his 11th sack Barkley comes in. We sign Chad Kelly next week

Chad?  Jim would be better.

16 minutes ago, Coach55 said:

Worse than the 1985 Ferragamo/Mathison combination?  It's always darkest before the dawn. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1985.htm

Most definitely worse now. Ferragamo at least had a good arm and actually had one great season in the NFL. He threw for 30 TDs one year, quarterbacked a team to the playoffs, and even started a SB game. Mathison was godawful but not in the Peterman scale. Barkley would be pretty decent if he didn't have a rag arm, but alas, he does.

Me and my friends used to say something was "Pulling a Ferragamo" if you ***** over your friends, family or team right when they needed you most. IIRC, there were three QBs on the Rams roster one year, including Ferragamo and Pat Haden and maybe even Jeff Kemp? Ferragamo wanted more money after his almost MVP season. The Rams didn't want to give it to him.

And then on the very eve of the season both Haden and the other guy got hurt or couldn't play, and the Rams only had one QB for the season opener, Ferragamo, and he decided to walk out and hold out for more money. It only lasted a short while and they only caved a little but I think he got more money. It was one of the biggest scumbag moves of all-time as I recall. ;)  

20 minutes ago, T master said:

WOW If the Bills start Barkley this coming week that won't telegraph exactly what they feel about Petermen will it ?? ?

As if there was any doubt already.  They already chose to play newbie Anderson instead of Peterman. 

So this season is toast, as we all figured it would be based on the schedule and the departures of Incognito and Wood.  The main thing to accomplish is to see how Allen develops, and even that is on hold for the time being.

15 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Edited to ask: Isn't it the case that teams can go after any player on another team's practice squad? If that is correct, then I have to believe any practice squad QB would be better than Barkley.

I think this might have been their original intent looking at Kyle Allen. But they needed a guy to get up to speed quickly, because he may have to play this week and that is why Barkley is teh better choice, for now. 

Oh snap, Bojorquez to IR - well there goes my hopes for a 2 punter set or rotating punters. 

Bojorquez is the only other player that has touched the ball more than the center and whatever QB they roll out.

Edited by Yav

9 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Mangina strain ;) 

He’s actually got potential. Huge leg, just need consistency and placement work. 

I like that they stole him from the pats who allegedly tried to stash him on PS and are now stashing him somewhere he can’t be poached. 

These little things give me hope 

Signing Barkley is a PR move by OBD. To move tickets in December.

Man those guys are the best. The big gamble is will he be upright after one quarter of play? 

Today, for an hour or two he will remain as an understudy too big bad Nate. 

The Bills have re tooled and It's time to make that big mid season push.