Ed Oliver or Greg Little?

I’ll take Little.

Fresno State played Houston last year in their Bowl game. Oliver was shut down and I expected him to dominate. I think he one of those guys that flashes vs Aaron Donald.

considering Mills is an UFA, I don’t see them passing on top OL talent. Someone who can push Dawkins at LT and possibly take over in year 2. Bookend Tackles would be set for the future. Grab Mitch Morse in FA from KC and 3rd round OG, Oline could be set.

WR 2nd round. Preston Williams CSU. But I see him being top 15, I think he may be better than Corey Davis from Tennessee who went 5th overall.

37 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think some people see him as a guard, but I like him better than Little and I think the general consensus (if there really is one at this point) agrees. 

From Pro Football Weekly:

Williams can have some trouble when he is up against long-armed opponents. As I stated above, he looks to have average arm length. In both the Clemson and Georgia games, he loses leverage because he lacks the arm length to control his opponent. This is not something that will go away. Either a player has long arms or he doesn’t. When he gets to the NFL, he is going to be playing against long-armed guys almost weekly, which is why I feel he might be better off moving inside to guard at the next level.

Oliver over Williams, if Oliver is there when we draft. Otherwise, trade down, get an extra pick, and get Little. The term lazy comes up with Little, which worries me. Mike Williams from Texas was lazy. One of the biggest busts of the 2000's.

Check out this guy. Really Impressive. Our Next SLB???? He is a beast. In the 2nd or 3rd round?

Sutton Smith - Sophomore Highlights | MAC Defensive Player of The Year

6'1, 240lbs

4.64 - 40yard

- Nations leader in Sacks & TFL’s & Qb Pressures 

- 1st Team All American

- 1st Team All Mac

Edited by wppete

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

My opinion, Glenn is a better LT. Dawkins is good and can be a functioning LT but he gets beat far too much.

Kawann Short? He might be McDermott's prototype. The only reason we should take a different position from my prospective is because DT is loaded. If they have the 2nd pick or 3rd pick in the 2nd round get the DT there.

If a DT is the best overall player on the board when they're picking and they haven't received any "knock your socks off" offers to trade down and collect more picks, then by all means, take that DT. Carolina did that in 2016, their d-line was already a strong spot on the roster and they had needs elsewhere but they drafted Vernon Butler. I checked up on his stats the other day and it would appear he hasn't lived up to the first round status but either way, sometimes adding to an already strong position group isn't a bad thing.

And as for Glenn vs. Dawkins... I think it's almost a push at this point. Dawkins played well enough for them to trade Glenn and honestly, they were going to move on from Glenn regardless. They wanted out of that contract. Now they have a decent LT on his rookie deal, makes things much more manageable. I also think the injuries were piling up for Glenn and that played a role in them moving on.

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Checking out the mocks it appears with our top 5ish pick WR is probably 10 picks to high Greg Little a true franchise tackle for 10 years is sitting there but your a defensive guy and Ed Oliver has somehow fallen to 5 what do you do?  

I take Greedy Williams.  Address OT in Free Agency and elsewhere in the draft.

Edited by purple haze

I'm generally for BPA (outside of QBs), but this is literally one of the worst offenses in league history. That has to be addressed. I am not concerned about McDermott running a competent D out there next season. I'm very concerned about a re-run of this season on offense. 

I'd go skill position (WR but possible a TE if an elite one is available) on offense given the disastrous lineup we have and get a center/guard/tackle set in rounds 2-5 (with a couple of defensive players mixed in given the extra fourth and fifth). They have seven picks in rounds 2-5. Decent guards can be had in round 4. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Bosa over Oliver. Potentially even Rashan Gary over Oliver as I think outside is our bigger need right now. I think that Phillips and Phillips (if we keep him) and Loty make a nice trio inside, and a guy like Gary would have greater value than Oliver. 

I struggle with the idea of taking a tackle in the top ten (we're 4th right now, if I am not mistaken) because that would be making the statement that we don't trust Dion at LT. I don't know if we're there. RT is important but i think it's hard to justify that high of a pick. I would trade down, take a WR and then get some line help later. If no trade down, probably gotta go D-linemen just based on how the value of the board is looking already. 

I'm in complete agreement with you.

We already have our LT, and what we really need is help at Guard & Center on the O-Line. A Right Tackle can be had later.

I think Defensive End is a higher priority than Defensive Tackle. In which case I would look at Rashan Gary or Clelin Ferrell.

Wide Receiver is a big need too, but I don't see one going in the Top 10.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And if they are, they may choose to trade down depending on the offer 

if they're at 1 or 2, they MUST trade down. And trade down AGAIN.

ideally I'd like to see them end up with a late 1, 3 2s, 3 3s and an extra 1 or 2 1s in 2020

No doubt Bills need OLine help (amongst other things) but I'm a little wary of passing on a player like Oliver (or Bosa) to take a highly touted OT. So many highly drafted OTs disappoint or flat out bust. It seems like a very difficult position to project with any confidence. I get that the Bills have lots of holes to fill, especially on O, but to me if you have the chance to pick a defensive player who clearly projects as elite and may even be a generational talent you run to the podium IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

if they're at 1 or 2, they MUST trade down. And trade down AGAIN.

ideally I'd like to see them end up with a late 1, 3 2s, 3 3s and an extra 1 or 2 1s in 2020

They already have ten picks. if Bosa is there it's a hard ask to pass him up.

The best hope obviously is that we get the #1 and Hebert come out.  If so the Bills could get a "Kings Ransom" for the pick.  Remember all the talk about the Giants wanting our whole draft to move up #2 this year?  I say stick it to them.  ?

Jonah Williams is a possibility too. Go speed WR next, then C? We also need a stud CB opposite TW like Greedy Williams. My early guess is that Oliver goes #1 and in any case, I doubt weight concerns would scare the Bills off. He could even be a guy that gets moved around to keep offenses guessing or to exploit matchups on the other team's OL. He could also add weight.We'll see.

To me it is simply bad business to take an offensive lineman that high. Aside from an elite left tackle like Joe Thomas, don't do it. And even then it is a stretch...look how much it helped the Browns to have Thomas all of these years. 

I am a trenches guy, but drafting OL high unless they are clearly plug and play elite, Zach Martin, Quentin Nelson, is simply bad business. The Titans drafted Lewan and  Conklin and they still suck because they have no talent. I think we try to get a top three pick which will be some combination of a quarterback, Oliver and Bosa. If I can't get Oliver or Bosa I am trading down all day.