McCoy deserves better...

Believer

46 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

shady may be hitting that point in his career where he will be more effective in a complementary role.  I liked seeing him and Ivory in the game at the same time last week.  Shady is still a matchup nightmare for defenses when he's split out wide.

Idea: just move Shady to WR.  He'd instantly be our best WR, can get separation.  Go 3 wide all the time, and keep Ivory in the backfield. 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

BS. lol..... because it obviously hasn't worked for him the first 9 years of his career when he had any semblance of average run blocking. 

right. that's probably why the eagles were calling about him..... solid take, bruh.

The fact that the Eagles didn't up their offer from a 4th round pick also tells how much they valued him for their championship run!!!!   It goes both ways my friend

so a guy who's coming off being top 5 in scrimmage yds among backs and was arguably the best player on the field back in a January playoff game on a bum ankle all of a sudden doesn't have it. 

ya. that makes sense. its gotta be him. 

isn't that how all the greats lose their edge...one fine day they wake up and then find that they can't do what they did 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, chknwing334 said:

Am I the only one who is sick of the “_______ deserves better and should be traded to a winner” crap?  Every player is paid handsomely to play football. Not everyone can be on a championship team. 

By the end of this season he’ll have made over $60M.  He complained in Philly about his contract and about being traded here (briefly) until he got his new deal.  He’s made his money - which is what he wanted.  I don’t blame him for that one little bit, but people feeling like we owed him a trade to a contender is just childish. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've developed a lot of respect for McCoy as a mature team player ever since he turned that corner after his very disappointing first year as a Bill and the off duty cop assault caper............but he and his agent worked the Bills over for an extension that made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for the team.

Had the team actually done the logical thing and held onto the core of young talent they paid so dearly for(with losing seasons to get those high picks) those extra guaranteed cap dollars would have hurt.

On top of that they added a bonus to his pay last season to encourage him to trust the process.:flirt:

His contract with the Eagles would have only expired after last season..........which would have been the perfect time to move on if they actually had kept some of those high draft pick playmakers they kicked to the curb.....so this season and the next are what they are getting for that extension.:doh:

He scored big financially with the Bills.    If losing is the price then he should gladly do what he's been doing.......be a good soldier........because he's been handsomely rewarded.

Been very impressed with his patience........he really could have screwed McDermott if he publicly expressed the frustration he surely feels.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

With the start this season and the injuries, the Bills are looking at another rebuild year... Disappointed in Beane not finding a place to trade Shady McCoy... He has been an all in performer for the team since he arrived... At 30, this future HoF back deserves to end his career with a contender and a shot at the Super Bowl... 

10 draft picks and 90million reasons it might be worth playing out that last year of the deal. 

1 hour ago, nucci said:

he had over 80 yards receiving

This.

I'll say this: yesterday was the first time that his body language was not up to snuff. But the dude came back from a concussion to play, and he was a threat, so criticism should be spared! The Bills brass don't use him enough, especially in the passing game! Yesterday was a step in the right direction for a few things on offense. But it was so new in a way the players were confused. It should be better from now on. Still, can't wait for JOSH TO BE BACK!

As for "deserves better". Sure, but all players and even us FANS do. He is paid handsomely so in that regard I won't cry for him. But I do hope he's still here next year and get to taste a victorious season!

• Like (+1) 1

BS. lol..... because it obviously hasn't worked for him the first 9 years of his career when he had any semblance of average run blocking. 

right. that's probably why the eagles were calling about him..... solid take, bruh.

McCoy has been less than stellar. Has not had any vision in the games I've seen. Has been cautious and playing very timidly. Last year he was successful because he put efforts in his runs. This year he's played like a ***** save for 3 plays, one of them Monday night when he had to jump in the flat to catch his ball after Anderson left him hanging.

He's a very good player but he's played poorly this year.  If you can't see that than you won't agree but your fandom and lack of understanding of the game show if you deny it, bruh.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

shady may be hitting that point in his career where he will be more effective in a complementary role.  I liked seeing him and Ivory in the game at the same time last week.  Shady is still a matchup nightmare for defenses when he's split out wide.

He looks more like Spiller than he does himself this year.  He's doing a lot of dumb ***** which makes it worse.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

IMHO putting Shady and Ivory in same backfield then motioning Shady out as a WR would give Defenses fits.  Shady had over 80 yds receiving last week and would force teams to stay in a base D to respect the 2 RB look (cue to pass option) or play an extra DB to account for Shady as WR (cue the run play).  We get a guy out of the box that's there now.

I put Shady in space to take advantage of his skill set and use Ivory as the between the Tackles runner.

I've been saying this from day one. And they've done this just a few times, and quite a lot in the 1st quarter of the last game. About time! Do it more, way more! Shady and Ivory are the stars on offense. Keep the defenses guessing! BTW Ivory is a damn good blocker for pas protection too. IDK about his receiving skills but he has caught a huge one from Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've developed a lot of respect for McCoy as a mature team player ever since he turned that corner after his very disappointing first year as a Bill and the off duty cop assault caper............but he and his agent worked the Bills over for an extension that made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for the team.

Had the team actually done the logical thing and held onto the core of young talent they paid so dearly for(with losing seasons to get those high picks) those extra guaranteed cap dollars would have hurt.

On top of that they added a bonus to his pay last season to encourage him to trust the process.:flirt:

His contract with the Eagles would have only expired after last season..........which would have been the perfect time to move on if they actually had kept some of those high draft pick playmakers they kicked to the curb.....so this season and the next are what they are getting for that extension.:doh:

He scored big financially with the Bills.    If losing is the price then he should gladly do what he's been doing.......be a good soldier........because he's been handsomely rewarded.

Been very impressed with his patience........he really could have screwed McDermott if he publicly expressed the frustration he surely feels.

I would like to know what he would have done Monday if he knew he wasn't going to be traded.  He had no effort in the game. 

2 hours ago, Believer said:

With the start this season and the injuries, the Bills are looking at another rebuild year... Disappointed in Beane not finding a place to trade Shady McCoy... He has been an all in performer for the team since he arrived... At 30, this future HoF back deserves to end his career with a contender and a shot at the Super Bowl... 

He has 9,000,000 deserved reasons to be OK with it.

23 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

McCoy has been less than stellar. Has not had any vision in the games I've seen. Has been cautious and playing very timidly. Last year he was successful because he put efforts in his runs. This year he's played like a ***** save for 3 plays, one of them Monday night when he had to jump in the flat to catch his ball after Anderson left him hanging.

He's a very good player but he's played poorly this year.  If you can't see that than you won't agree but your fandom and lack of understanding of the game show if you deny it, bruh.

He looks more like Spiller than he does himself this year.  He's doing a lot of dumb ***** which makes it worse.

I see guy getting met at the line constantly. I see lineman getting pushed back. I see defenses bum rushing the box on first down because they see no threat of a passing game. shady could play better in regards to just sticking his head down and getting the yard or 2. that needs to be altered behind this line. that's not deniable. but that's not what has gotten him to where he is today.

i'll fully concede that ivory is more suited for the run game this year. that's fairly pathetic to me(love ivory too, btw) and IMO it says more about the team than it does shady. he's shown what he can do with reasonable blocking.  

also, to one of my first points to the guy i was responding to. if the guy has been so bad why in the world are the defending superbowl champs making a play for him and why would the bills be asking so much? saying McCoy is the primary reason we have been so bad, which is what I was responding to, is absolutely absurd. hands down.

buy you're probably right. Its probably just my lack of understanding. 

46 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The fact that the Eagles didn't up their offer from a 4th round pick also tells how much they valued him for their championship run!!!!   It goes both ways my friend

isn't that how all the greats lose their edge...one fine day they wake up and then find that they can't do what they did 10 years ago.

because you don't offer anything more for a high paid 30 yr old back even if he's still got it. that would just be bad business. my point remains.... the eagles aren't in business of adding bad players. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

28 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I see guy getting met at the line constantly. I see lineman getting pushed back. I see defenses bum rushing the box on first down because they see no threat of a passing game. shady could play better in regards to just sticking his head down and getting the yard or 2. that needs to be altered behind this line. that's not deniable. but that's not what has gotten him to where he is today.

i'll fully concede that ivory is more suited for the run game this year. that's fairly pathetic to me(love ivory too, btw) and IMO it says more about the team than it does shady. he's shown what he can do with reasonable blocking.  

also, to one of my first points to the guy i was responding to. if the guy has been so bad why in the world are the defending superbowl champs making a play for him and why would the bills be asking so much? saying McCoy is the primary reason we have been so bad, which is what I was responding to, is absolutely absurd. hands down.

buy you're probably right. Its probably just my lack of understanding. 

because you don't offer anything more for a high paid 30 yr old back even if he's still got it. that would just be bad business. my point remains.... the eagles aren't in business of adding bad players. 

You saw a team giving a 5th or 6th rounder up for McCoy. That's what you saw.  A former all pro for a 5th or 6th plus a player potentially.