Brandon Beane Won't Rule Out Allen Missing the Rest of the Season; Not Actively Shopping Any Players Ahead of the Trade Deadline

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Brandon Beane Won't Rule Out Allen Missing the Rest of the Season; Not Actively Shopping Any Players Ahead of the Trade Deadline
6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Good, shut him down the rest of the season.  Let him learn from the sidelines which was the original plan. Go 3-13 and get him better weapons next year. Upgrade the oline in FA.  If he doesn't improve we'll know a lot more next year.

New QB's don't learn much from the sidelines.  They are only ever there if there is already an entrenched starter on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

That's would seem to be extremely suspicious. Clearly Beane and McDermott have quite a bit to gain by this type of delay.

A QB doesn't learn on the sidelines. They learn on the field. And we in turn get to figure out what they're made of. Do not like this development one bit.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

New QB's don't learn much from the sidelines.  They are only ever there if there is already an entrenched starter on the roster.

This is ridiculous, being on the sideline isn't the same as being on the field but you can learn plenty.  Learning in part by watching is completely standard for literally everything else in life, but somehow that doesn't apply to NFL quarterbacking?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's would seem to be extremely suspicious. Clearly Beane and McDermott have quite a bit to gain by this type of delay.

I don't know.  NFL is first and foremost entertainment.  People aren't paying to watch Anderson crap out the rest of the season.  There's 8 more games to play...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Avisan said:

This is ridiculous, being on the sideline isn't the same as being on the field but you can learn plenty.  Learning in part by watching is completely standard for literally everything else in life, but somehow that doesn't apply to NFL quarterbacking?

It's not, in this league, how top 10 QB draftees are used.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't know.  NFL is first and foremost entertainment.  People aren't paying to watch Anderson crap out the rest of the season.  There's 8 more games to play...

I take that point, but McBeane has a vested interest in keeping their jobs as long as humanly possible.

From an organizational standpoint, it makes sense to play Allen, let him learn, and figure out what we have. 

From McBeane's perspective, the longer you can dangle the hope Allen represents in Pegula's face, you longer you collect a paycheck. I'm really not trying to bash JA here, but the sooner we find out what we have, the better.

• Like (+1) 1