The Chiefs game makes me sad

Toledo Bill

55 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

While I hope the Mahomes thing doesn’t become the Bills fan’s lament for the next decade, I don’t think the frustration is born of hindsight. Rather, it’s from the Bills ownership / FO’s lack of foresight. This is a major distinction. The only way it “ goes away” is if the Bills success with Allen is comparable to the Chiefs with Mahomes ( Watkins if you want to add him in) over a period of time. 

you have a great point there. and i think it ties in with the topic of mcbeane and how well you trust in them, their abilities and philosophies, and the process in general. i like the make up of the men, but i just wish that they sounded a bit more 2018 when talking of the game and the way it is played. i think a very pertinent discussion is maybe not so much allen vs the field in qb choices, but mcdermott vs mcvey. but again...it is easy to pine over what other teams have when we are bottoming out (i believe by choice). let's see what happens next year after these guys have had one more off season to assemble their guys.

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Have we got a '12 step' program yet for those authoring such a thread?

do two six packs constitute a twelve step program? because that is what i have been using.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toledo Bill said:

To think that Andy Reid put us to shame with the Mahones trade. He could have sat behind Taylor for a year and look at him now.

Sammy Watkins being traded and now at Kansas City... for whatever reason you want to use to justify the trade... he is a WEAPON.

Ragland, although limited continues to make plays for the Chiefs.

These decisions, along with not having a stable QB situation at the beginning of the season and the % of blowouts we have had make me question how fans can support the McBean twins. Maybe stockpiling 100 draft picks is the way to go but as a 50 plus year fan I think they are failures. i’ll Always have hope and support the Bills but what a disappointment these two are.

I think you're an idiot, and because my post is underlined and in italics it carries far more weight than my usual "You're an idiot," so you must take it seriously.

If you don't cease this Mahomes stupidity, I shall call you an idiot again, but in an even more serious 18-Point Comic Sans Font.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toledo Bill said:

To think that Andy Reid put us to shame with the Mahones trade. He could have sat behind Taylor for a year and look at him now.

Sammy Watkins being traded and now at Kansas City... for whatever reason you want to use to justify the trade... he is a WEAPON.

Ragland, although limited continues to make plays for the Chiefs.

These decisions, along with not having a stable QB situation at the beginning of the season and the % of blowouts we have had make me question how fans can support the McBean twins. Maybe stockpiling 100 draft picks is the way to go but as a 50 plus year fan I think they are failures. i’ll Always have hope and support the Bills but what a disappointment these two are.

We traded Mahomes pick to KC?

When did this happen?

I am going to be honest.. The Chiefs are my next fav team after the bills.. They remind me of the throw it all day run it up your gun of the old Jim Kelly era. They are fun to watch. I wont hate a team just because we didn't draft Mahomes. That's football. its a fun team to watch and I am on board watching them regular basis. After I watch the Bills of course.

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I think you're an idiot, and because my post is underlined and in italics it carries far more weight than my usual "You're an idiot," so you must take it seriously.

If you don't cease this Mahomes stupidity, I shall call you an idiot again, but in an even more serious 18-Point Comic Sans Font.

Thanks for sparing me all caps!

8 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Sammy looked very good!  Not a bad WR, when he has someone to reliably throw his way.

He is very good when he's not on the sidelines, quitting on his team.  I agree.

44 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bad take. Nobody thought Brady was any good, and even the team that drafted him passed on him in many rounds. A fluke pick that any team could have made or not. The last couple rounds are more luck than anything else. They are not a measure of organizational competence. 

He wasn’t able to produce that much offense though. It’s the QB more than not. 

all this woe is me is a bad take 

Want KC? Pegs hired the most probable head coach to get there besides Andy Ried. 

Want Mahomes? They drafted a guy who might be just like him. 

Its just not not going to happen overnight. 

Bills don’t make make the playoffs last year without Tre White, AND Mahomes wouldn’t be doing what he is now without Hunt, Kelcie, Hill, that incredible line, etc, etc, etc... 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

all this woe is me is a bad take 

Want KC? they hired the most probable head coach to get there besides Andy Ried. 

Want Mahomes? They drafted a guy who might be just like him. 

Its just not not going to happen overnight. 

Bills don’t make make the playoffs last year without Tre White, AND Mahomes wouldn’t be doing what he is now without Hunt, Kelcie, Hill, that incredible line, etc, etc, etc... 

Uh.  I think it's statistically very unlikely Josh Allen every throws 26 TD's in 8 games.  Ever.