The Chiefs game makes me sad

Toledo Bill

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

all this woe is me is a bad take 

Want KC? Pegs hired the most probable head coach to get there besides Andy Ried. 

Want Mahomes? They drafted a guy who might be just like him. 

Its just not not going to happen overnight. 

Bills don’t make make the playoffs last year without Tre White, AND Mahomes wouldn’t be doing what he is now without Hunt, Kelcie, Hill, that incredible line, etc, etc, etc... 

Acknowledging Bills missteps is hardly a woe-is-me position. It’s valid discussion on a fan message board. How is hiring a defensive coach who has demonstrated little ability to assemble anything on the other side of the ball akin to Andy Reid ? The Bills ownership and FO seems to favor 1970’s NFL football. It’s a huge concern for Bills fans hoping their team decides to join the modern NFL. 

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He is very good when he's not on the sidelines, quitting on his team.  I agree.

well thanks to McD's "Trust the Nonsense", he's no longer scoring TDs for us anyway.

Okay folks I'm excited to report that my time machine is almost done!  Once completed I'll set it to drop me off at one Bills Drive right before the trade with KC and I'll make sure I bring Mahomes stat sheet.  

I know the tough part will be convincing the Bills management that I'm from the future and I have to hope they don't call the Orchard Park police on me.  So do you folks have any ideas as to what else I can bring back with me to convince them?  The funny thing is that if it works and we have Mahomes starting for us Monday night I may be the only one to know the real story here.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

how these threads reach even page 2 is beyond me 

It’s woven in to the fabric of being a fan of this team. Look on the bright side, though.  What on earth must they talk about on the Pats* boards ;Giselle’s  wardrobe at the Super Bowl ? 

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Acknowledging Bills missteps is hardly a woe-is-me position. It’s valid discussion on a fan message board. How is hiring a defensive coach who has demonstrated little ability to assemble anything on the other side of the ball akin to Andy Reid ? The Bills ownership and FO seems to favor 1970’s NFL football. It’s a huge concern for Bills fans hoping their team decides to join the modern NFL. 

Mcderm is a Ried disciple. Whining about what isn’t and never will be seems like a waste of tine to me but- hey knock yourself out 

20 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Uh.  I think it's statistically very unlikely Josh Allen every throws 26 TD's in 8 games.  Ever.

Can you explain that math? 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

‘Statistically unlikely’ implies there is. I guess that part is a type o ?‍♂️ 

Oh.  Got you.

So the NFL has been around for awhile.  There's been a lot of QB's drafted.  Mahomes has the second best TD pace in NFL history, just second to Peyton Manning (who is going to be in the Hall of Fame) and ahead of Tom Brady (who is going to be in the Hall of Fame).  

So, in the last 98 years of professional football, Mahomes is having the second best season of any QB ever.

And because there's been so many QB's over those 98 years, it's really really really really really really unlikely that Josh Allen ALSO has a top 3 season in NFL history.

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

To think that Andy Reid put us to shame with the Mahones trade. He could have sat behind Taylor for a year and look at him now.

Sammy Watkins being traded and now at Kansas City... for whatever reason you want to use to justify the trade... he is a WEAPON.

Ragland, although limited continues to make plays for the Chiefs.

These decisions, along with not having a stable QB situation at the beginning of the season and the % of blowouts we have had make me question how fans can support the McBean twins. Maybe stockpiling 100 draft picks is the way to go but as a 50 plus year fan I think they are failures. i’ll Always have hope and support the Bills but what a disappointment these two are.

What username are you going to come with next time?

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Same here Joe...and I would take it a step further and say anyone who was subjected to the last 20 years has paid their dues. ?

Truth here.

Been a fan since 84 and got to see this team build up in the late 80's and had the 90's which were amazing. 

If your a younger guy and started really following the team since say beginning of Y2K I have no idea how you do it? How, seriously?

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

To think that Andy Reid put us to shame with the Mahones trade. He could have sat behind Taylor for a year and look at him now.

Sammy Watkins being traded and now at Kansas City... for whatever reason you want to use to justify the trade... he is a WEAPON.

These decisions, along with not having a stable QB situation at the beginning of the season and the % of blowouts we have had make me question how fans can support the McBean twins. Maybe stockpiling 100 draft picks is the way to go but as a 50 plus year fan I think they are failures. i’ll Always have hope and support the Bills but what a disappointment these two are.

Agree to an extent . stockpiling  picks . not a fan. should have built on last year. 

Have to blame ownership for the hiring of Rexy when are defense kicked butt but are offense needed help so what do you do find a offensive coach, nope they screwed the pooch on that one as we suffered a long time but with Whaley on board things were changing for the better but now it's looking not so good as we're taking two steps forward then 5 steps back, Wilson, Mahomes, the list goes on and the bad hires continue, hope I'm wrong but think we're screwed. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

There is no Andy Reid here.  Nor a Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce or KC's o-line.

And even if those guys were here, they wouldn't be.

Eric Fisher and his contract wouldn't survive Beane..he would have been traded..probably to Cincy.

Kelce's contract doesn't make it either, he's pawned off for a 2nd or a  3rd.

Under Dennison, Hill never develops as a receiver (something he's not given nearly enough credit for), he remains the same raw, one trick pony he was coming out of college. They'd still trade for the big slow target that is KB;

Hunt ends up looking like crap under the new regime, people would be talking about dumping him for a mid round pick by now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Everything beyond the underlined has already been discussed.