If Derek Anderson and this defense begin to win games.....?

Rebel101

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why would you assume that I haven’t already watched it? Because my conclusion doesn’t agree with yours I must not be informed? The All-22 shows some good here and there but the vast majority isn’t good. 

Where have I said QB is the only issue on offense? Do you just ignore things that I actually say so you can put words in my mouth and argue a point I never made?

You linked his progress to production by the offense.  By omitting the other factors you imply he is the sole problem for the offense.  And I doubt you watched every play in detail, because you would not say his progress leads him to just throw interceptions.  His accuracy continues to improve as shown in the Texans game.

Funny how if Anderson plays like Tyrod or just a little worse so many would be happy with that. 

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

He hasn’t been a complete failure? He has led the team to the worst offense seen throughout the league in years. 2018 teams are averaging 30 points a game. Josh Allen I believe has thrown 2 TDs. He is young and hopefully will get a lot better in years to come but so far he has been a failure and has proven he shouldn’t have even been named a starting NFL QB so early. Prove me otherwise 

Many teams are breaking offensive records - in the good way. The bills are doing the opposite - breaking records in the wrong way. Should not be happening in this nfl, the rule changes, etc. Its an offense driven league and we stink. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’s quicker to throw incompletions. Great. 

No doubt those 7 incompletions on Sunday would have instead been perfectly placed into the arms of our great wide receivers if only they had come from the fingertips of The Legend Of Derek Anderson.

• Like (+1) 1

Anderson will be playing behind the same set of turnstyles that Allen did, which many pundits claim is the worst o-line in the league.

When Anderson throws the ball he'll be throwing to the same group of receivers, minus Foster, who routinely drop balls that hit them in the hands.

And for the trifecta, Anderson will have the same stale play calling from Daboll that Allen and Peterman had.

Before the season started I predicted we'd have 6 different QB's start games for us. This is week 7 and we're on QB #3 already.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You linked his progress to production by the offense. 

Isn’t production kind of important? If you want to say he’s making progress because he’s getting rid of the ball quicker. Fine. I can agree to a degree. But if the offense is still really bad and that progress isn’t leading to anything positive then what are we really talking about here? 

Grtting rid of of the ball quicker isn’t always a good thing. Especially when you factor in his poor pocket presence and habit of bailing from clean pockets.

By omitting the other factors you imply he is the sole problem for the offense. 

No, that’s not what I’m implying. But I guess that fits your narrative.

And I doubt you watched every play in detail, because you would not say his progress leads him to just throw interceptions.

That isnt even even what I said. Pay attention. And again, you can doubt it all you want because it fits your agenda. 

His accuracy continues to improve as shown in the Texans game.

Keep grasping. 

19 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority.  I don't feel that DA is going to play all that well.  Maybe a slight increase in offensive production but not much.  And who knows if he will be a turnover machine or not.  Hope he exceeds my expectations.

Derek Anderson is a interception waiting to happen and if he struggles the colts could have 5 ints in this game. Piss poor management to expect Peterman to be the starter or backup to Allen but give them kudos to the defensive side of the ball. 

40 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Funny how if Anderson plays like Tyrod or just a little worse so many would be happy with that. 

Many teams are breaking offensive records - in the good way. The bills are doing the opposite - breaking records in the wrong way. Should not be happening in this nfl, the rule changes, etc. Its an offense driven league and we stink. 

You are helping to prove my point lol

I get why so many are hyped about the defense.  They are playing really good ball.  But this is a much different QB as compared to Watson and Mariota.  Luck will step up in the pocket and sling it accurately,  he's not trying to buy time and run around, and turn himself into sacks.   I think the Bills will need 26+ points to beat Indy and I don't think they will get there.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the offense shows life and we win....you have to keep him in there.  We have an elite defense.

Josh can learn by watching which was the original plan except Nathan Peterman f'ed that up.

Luckily for Anderson, the bar for "signs of life" with this offense has been set at a level that even Tryion Lannister cannot limbo under. This offense is in a vegetative state as far as signs of life go and if Anderson can just get it to grow moss on its north side, he will have succeeded. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Luckily for Anderson, the bar for "signs of life" with this offense has been set at a level that even Tryion Lannister cannot limbo under. This offense is in a vegetative state as far as signs of life go and if Anderson can just get it to grow moss on its north side, he will have succeeded. 

I think we might score more than 1 offensive TD this game.  Parade down Chippewa?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Good God.    I talk about this a lot, but you actually are another one with the inability to read.  Where exactly have I said he's been good this year?  Answer: nowhere.  He looked awful against the Pack, but you can see progress since.  he's getting the ball out quicker, last week he was more accurate.  It does not mean he's good yet, or that he's played well so far. 

We should be talking about his future, because he is a rookie QB drafted to be the future.

This is how this started. I said he played awful in the all 22s.  You said, no he hasn’t, he looked better vs the Texans.  I said, he improved over awful, but overall, he’s been awful.  You say I don’t read.  He’s been awful this year.  Did he look better vs the Texans?  Maybe, I haven’t watched the all 22 yet.  But....,as my OG statement rests, he’s been awful this year.  If you don’t think so.  Good for you.  You’re most likely just being a homer

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Seriously dude, after the Bills play the Colts, they face NE, Chicago, the Jets, and Jacksonville.  Even if you allow them a fighting chance against the Jets (I wouldn't at this point but it's the most likely), Derek Anderson is never going to develop a "hot hand" against the Pats, the Bears, and the Jags.  Not happening.

Brock had a hot hand against the Bears.  The Bears can't handle average to below average offenses apparently.! 

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

If they win games it will show we need to draft another QB

Agreed.  draft another QB.  Keep Anderson, Rookie and Allen.  

Or get Teddy B, Rookie and Allen, which is what I would like anyway because it appears we will only get a small sample-size of Allen this year.  

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Strike up the band!1454652225821

I now have the Peyton Manning/Brad Pasley commercial "we're getting the band back together" stuck in my head! 

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Brock had a hot hand against the Bears.  The Bears can't handle average to below average offenses apparently.! 

Agreed.  draft another QB.  Keep Anderson, Rookie and Allen.  

Or get Teddy B, Rookie and Allen, which is what I would like anyway because it appears we will only get a small sample-size of Allen this year.  

I now have the Peyton Manning/Brad Pasley commercial "we're getting the band back together" stuck in my head! 

Good luck in having that removed. Here's something to help:

maxresdefault.jpg