The ownership has no respect for us

Rebel101

32 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I understand we are in a rebuild and we had 50 something million in dead money and they want to build a roster how they want but they’ve also cut players to that shouldn’t have that just flat out made us less competitive and it’s impossible that McBeane is this incompetent they have blatantly made us much worse with no intentions of competing this year which means they don’t care about putting out a finished product and know us loyal Buffalo Bills fans will still make them money. I understand it’s nod to the future but they should also have an obligation to us to try and win as many games as possible 

Now you will complain I burn Confederate flags with trash.   Bills front office should not respect those who play Madden and think they should be listening to fans.

Enjoy your LAMP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The Pegulas have poured more money into the Bills/Sabres in their brief ownership than we have ever seen in the history of both franchises. We are small market teams and they are spending right up there with the big boys -on everything from the facilities to the front office to the coaching staffs. 

The Bills and Sabres are now actually willing to pay to attract coaching talent. There was a story this offseason about how both teams were offering some of the top salaries in the NFL/NHL. It was why the Sabres were able to keep Steve Greeley as their asst. GM. The pegulas were paying him more as an AGM than what the Carolina Hurricanes offered him to be their actual GM. They offered Mike Babcock a record breaking contract that would have completely reset the pay scale for NHL coaches. He ended up using it as leverage to sign in Toronto, but that’s not really the point. 

They have done done nothing but continue to pour money into both teams and the city of Buffalo.

They’ve already made upgrades at both the arena and stadium and continue to do so. They are currently building an $18 million dollar state of the art training facility, all out of their own pocket, for the Bills - both for their own players and to help attract free agents. And they already built a state of the art 2 rink training facility for the Sabres, and as a long term investment to help develop hockey in the Buffalo area. 

They were willing to go through the pain of a rebuild with both teams (even knowing that it could hurt their bottom line as they go through the difficult seasons) because they wanted to build teams that could consistently compete for championships, instead of just trying to sneak into the playoffs each year. That, to me, speaks loudly. 

IMO, icing/fielding and being content with a mediocre .500 team (like the Sabres did for years) would be more disrespectful to fans. Like Golisano and Wilson - they were perfectly content being a mediocre team year in and out and trying to maximize profits. 

Amen.

• Like (+1) 1

A few unconnected thoughts here:

1. McDermott believes in the running the ball because we play in snowy Buffalo. 

2. McDermott values culture over strategy and seemingly talent. 

3. Beane can't get his head out of Carolina. The number of ex-Panthers added to this team in FA and trades speaks to that. I think the 

I think it's fair to question whether McDermott and Beane have the mindset to build a modern NFL offense, with real focus on passing the ball. Despite drafting Allen #7 overall, I question whether McDermott is going to build a vertical passing offense. Deep down, does he really want speed WR's who get down the field? We haven't seen anything else in Buffalo for the majority of time since 2006. Buffalo has lagged compared to the rest of the league in the adoption of passing offense. 

What can fans gauge/ascertain from McDermott's 22 games as HC in on what offense he believes in? Does he really believe that he can win big in the Playoffs trying to win games 17-13?

In one aspect I do not want the Bills to look at the defense and consider it finished, while devoting all resources towards the offense. A large chunk should go to the offense, but this team has two 35 year old's that are starting and playing well in Williams and Alexander. 

Keep adding to that side of the ball, and go quality over quantity at WR. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I understand we are in a rebuild and we had 50 something million in dead money and they want to build a roster how they want but they’ve also cut players to that shouldn’t have that just flat out made us less competitive and it’s impossible that McBeane is this incompetent they have blatantly made us much worse with no intentions of competing this year which means they don’t care about putting out a finished product and know us loyal Buffalo Bills fans will still make them money. I understand it’s nod to the future but they should also have an obligation to us to try and win as many games as possible 

Their obligation is to field a team that plays 16 regular season games/year.

It's up to you whether or not to watch/support them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fans are never going to get perfect ownership or anything remotely close. At times I remind myself what it was like during the days of RW and his people running OBD into the ground. There was Jeff Littmann, Russ "Mr. Smithers" Brandon, the hiring of bad GMs, significant player spending limitations, and bad HC hires.  Those were some bad seasons and eventually it became obvious the team wasn't competing anymore as Mr. Wilson entered his septuagenarian years.  

Now, there's ownership who hires new people that clean out/demote the old ownership's people and then give them the keys to the place. They aren't micromanaging their hires, but will make moves when results don't happen. 

What's better? I'll take the latter with it's inherent flaws.  Those last 10 RW years were bad 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Some team is going to figure out how to build a massive running game that makes the QB less important and makes it hard for the opposition to win.  The league has gone pass happy crazy and half or more of the teams simply can't win deploying such a complex passing offense.  Somebody will buck the trend and figure this out. 

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

I doubt that the Pegulas have no respect for the fans, however I can see that you have no respect for your third grade English teacher.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transient said:

I doubt that the Pegulas have no respect for the fans, however I can see that you have no respect for your third grade English teacher.

Ha.  It's two long strings of alphabet tears seperated by a single, lonely period along the way.  OP - you couldn't have given him a single comma to keep company with?  

I know I'm beating the dead colt here, as this has been stated across multiple threads before. However, PUNCTUATION SON!!!! An exclamation point, a period, even a comma helps me take you somewhat seriously. AP English wasn't an option at your local city school, I assume?

2 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I don't think you really do.

• Like (+1) 1

They're trying to build a champion over a few years, not trying to go 8-8 every year which is what keeping the players you want to keep would get us.  You just want to feel good on a Sunday this October, they want to feel good on Super Bowl Sunday in 2-3 years and subsequent Super Bowl Sundays.  You must have loved the Jauron era, 7 good feeling Sundays a year. 

Holy *****, that might be the most egregious run-on sentence I've ever read.

• Haha (+1) 1