The ownership has no respect for us

Rebel101

I understand we are in a rebuild and we had 50 something million in dead money and they want to build a roster how they want but they’ve also cut players to that shouldn’t have that just flat out made us less competitive and it’s impossible that McBeane is this incompetent they have blatantly made us much worse with no intentions of competing this year which means they don’t care about putting out a finished product and know us loyal Buffalo Bills fans will still make them money. I understand it’s nod to the future but they should also have an obligation to us to try and win as many games as possible 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Part of "The Process" is eliminating any players that don't fit the McDermott scheme.

I personally don't care for coaching staffs that have this philosophy, I think the best ones (NE*, for instance) tend to fit their schemes to their player's skills.  It really restricts the pool of available players that they can sign.  It is one of McD's weaknesses, for sure.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

I understand we are in a rebuild and we had 50 something million in dead money and they want to build a roster how they want but they’ve also cut players to that shouldn’t have that just flat out made us less competitive and it’s impossible that McBeane is this incompetent they have blatantly made us much worse with no intentions of competing this year which means they don’t care about putting out a finished product and know us loyal Buffalo Bills fans will still make them money. I understand it’s nod to the future but they should also have an obligation to us to try and win as many games as possible 

I would ask who was out there given our cap situation that was a cut above McCarron?  Bridgewater and Bradford had injury concerns.  Too many teams for a quality no issue QB or WR to be sitting by the phone on opening day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

I would ask who was out there given our cap situation that was a cut above McCarron?  Bridgewater and Bradford had injury concerns.  Too many teams for a quality no issue QB or WR to be sitting by the phone on opening day.

Shouldn’t have got rid of McCarron and Bridgewater would have definitely been worth the risk. Josh Allen has had injury concerns his entire career so far and was unproven they had no problem taking that risk and to not go about adding an offensive line is dumbfounding 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Keep my name out of your mouth before I knock you out...son.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Shouldn’t have got rid of McCarron and Bridgewater would have definitely been worth the risk. Josh Allen has had injury concerns his entire career so far and was unproven they had no problem taking that risk and to not go about adding an offensive line is dumbfounding 

Bridgewater is 20/20 hindsight at this point.  Quite a different matter to take a shot at a moving target.  Honestly, given that the monster that is NE along with Baltimore, KC, Jags being likely to go far this year at this point I would not have expected the Bills to make 10-6 with a 15-20 ranked offense and likewise defense with different FA moves having occurred.  All the problems the Bills had were not going to be fixed this past offseason and hate the selections if you will Beane's 2018 draft is looking fairly good currently.

How good was McCarron?  If the other 31 teams were a jury then I would say that the verdict was he was not of very high quality given how long he was out there.  And I am a guy who had hopes that McCarron would find his on switch but evidenced by the Cleveland preseason game that did not happen.

Edited by RochesterRob

Its these post that make me think what the hell are you talking about. This ownership owes us:

an end  to the playoff drought

an investment into a franchise quarterback

a quality product while were breaking him in

being competitive while not having the roster to do it

this is purely a lack of talent where we couldnt fix it- O line and wide reciever

quite you whinning you cant fix everything in one year

db- taron johnson, white, poyer hyde  looks pretty good

lb- edmonds milano look pretty good

DL-phillips phillips starr murphy lawson hughes  looks pretty good

OT- Dawkins  looks good...while Mills is a descent tackle

OG- Hot mess we cant run which means we cant get out on a screen, or pull = limited playbook

C- Bodine doesn't look as bad as we feared

TE-Croom in his first year looks some what promising, time to move on from Clay

WR- We've seen Zay start to step forward but there is no doubt they suck here

RB- the addition of Ivory has been a nice piece and McCoy still has it- OG problems show up here  too

QB- obviously what were waiting for

P- nice pick up he's been much much better than schmidt

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Houston Astros fans in 2013.

As a loyal Astros fan since 2012, about two years after I moved here, this. I'll be the first to admit I thought ownership was crazy, but it worked out pretty good, I guess. 

20 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Don't worry @Rebel101, because @Jauronimo is just learning how to we face construct sentences, commas, and paragraphs as well. 

The whining never stops.  

This song is dedicated to the OP and all the other feckless whiners out there:

Sugar daddy, come on and sugar me 
I want your lovin' so come on and give it to me 
Sugar daddy, sugar daddy oh 
Look at me I'm begging for more more more....
Sugar daddy set me free. 
Sugar daddy come for me. 

-CJ Bolland
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Bridgewater is 20/20 hindsight at this point.  Quite a different matter to take a shot at a moving target.  Honestly, given that the monster that is NE along with Baltimore, KC, Jags being likely to go far this year at this point I would not have expected the Bills to make 10-6 with a 15-20 ranked offense and likewise defense with different FA moves having occurred.  All the problems the Bills had were not going to be fixed this past offseason and hate the selections if you will Beane's 2018 draft is looking fairly good currently.

How good was McCarron?  If the other 31 teams were a jury then I would say that the verdict was he was not of very high quality given how long he was out there.  And I am a guy who had hopes that McCarron would find his on switch but evidenced by the Cleveland preseason game that did not happen.

Honestly, I believe what Beane said when they traded McCarron; that he wasn’t who they thought he was. That could mean he wasn’t who they thought he was on the field, in preseason games, in the film room, etc. Probably a mix of a lot of things. The best thing I can say about McCarron is that he couldn’t possibly be any worse than Peterman. 

The Pegulas have poured more money into the Bills/Sabres in their brief ownership than we have ever seen in the history of both franchises. We are small market teams and they are spending right up there with the big boys -on everything from the facilities to the front office to the coaching staffs. 

The Bills and Sabres are now actually willing to pay to attract coaching talent. There was a story this offseason about how both teams were offering some of the top salaries in the NFL/NHL. It was why the Sabres were able to keep Steve Greeley as their asst. GM. The pegulas were paying him more as an AGM than what the Carolina Hurricanes offered him to be their actual GM. They offered Mike Babcock a record breaking contract that would have completely reset the pay scale for NHL coaches. He ended up using it as leverage to sign in Toronto, but that’s not really the point. 

They have done done nothing but continue to pour money into both teams and the city of Buffalo.

They’ve already made upgrades at both the arena and stadium and continue to do so. They are currently building an $18 million dollar state of the art training facility, all out of their own pocket, for the Bills - both for their own players and to help attract free agents. And they already built a state of the art 2 rink training facility for the Sabres, and as a long term investment to help develop hockey in the Buffalo area. 

They were willing to go through the pain of a rebuild with both teams (even knowing that it could hurt their bottom line as they go through the difficult seasons) because they wanted to build teams that could consistently compete for championships, instead of just trying to sneak into the playoffs each year. That, to me, speaks loudly. 

IMO, icing/fielding and being content with a mediocre .500 team (like the Sabres did for years) would be more disrespectful to fans. Like Golisano and Wilson - they were perfectly content being a mediocre team year in and out and trying to maximize profits. 

• Like (+1) 4