Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Sadly this is the new normal and I suspect it's here to stay.   Even post Trump.

I don’t think so. It may be here for now but we can be better and often are. 

Digging for divisiveness is a new past time for everyone and people think it’s ok to be ***** to one another behind screen names and keyboards in ways they would not be in real life. The emotional pain that delivers and forces on others is significant. It may feel

like nothing to say “You are trash” to a fellow person but it hurts both people and others to read it. 

I believe there will be pushback at some point and we will find our way back to at the very least civility, and maybe even listening to one another’s experiences with compassion. When? I can’t say. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Digging for divisiveness is a new past time for everyone and people think it’s ok to be ***** to one another behind screen names and keyboards in ways they would not be in real life. The emotional pain that delivers and forces on others is significant. It may feel

like nothing to say “You are trash” to a fellow person but it hurts both people and others to read it. 

I believe there will be pushback at some point and we will find our way back to at the very least civility, and maybe even listening to one another’s experiences with compassion. When? I can’t say. 

Nerd alert.    

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I hope you're right.  I'm not so sure.

To the bolded part, this is a phenomenon I noticed around 1988 with email.  The company I worked for had a global network at that time (seriously).  We had a VAX developer/engineer from California that when we would send him an email with a question he would answer back very nastily.  Talked down to us.  He came to our office to give us a class and we were nervous, but he was the nicest guy, sweet as pie.  But in his office behind closed doors he was brave and said things he never would say to us in person. But it was not just him.  A lot of people do that in email too.

This is exactly the same dynamic we see in social media x 100.   With email you at least know the person and know you may actually meet them in person some day.  Not so in social media.   It would take a lot of people to come to the realization that this is not right and change their behavior when they're addicted to it.  Good luck.  I don't see it happening.

Again, I hope you're right.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 7/16/2019 at 6:12 PM, Doc Brown said:

You know Trump is in the office doing push ups right now followed by a whey protein drink after hearing this.

And Biden stopped pumping quaaludes just after issuing that challenge. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/18/2019 at 9:21 PM, DC Tom said:

He's kind-of a wussy-ass little Spartacus, isn't he?  :lol:

PeterPanPixyman is more like it. 

On 7/18/2019 at 11:59 PM, Doc Brown said:

A billionaire is asking for campaign donations.  LOL.  Only in America.

I need more of YOUR money. Give it to me NOW!

On 7/19/2019 at 6:13 PM, snafu said:

Gotta keep the entertainment value pumped up.  That, and he's the way-left kook prog candidate who makes the *not* kook progs look less kooky.  That's deB's job and the Dem leadership knows it -- even though deB doesn't.

I think they're trying their best to politely show Biden the door, but the polls keep bobbing him up to the top.

Kamala is his VP choice?

On 7/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, BeginnersMind said:

You’re just not used to this probably. This has been happening for years. She’s just the first pres candidate to follow the youth. 

I spent the spring and early summer visiting colleges. Nearly every tour guide did this. “Hi I’m Sarah and I use she/her pronouns.” The first time was totally off putting. By the 10th time, I was just hoping someone would make my older brain work hard to match their pronoun preference with my assumption. Alas no one did that. 

Congratulations on going to college. If you can’t get in to one of the big universities, remember you can always start out at a Community College. 

On 7/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Is there a rule about a person's pronouns having to actually be pronouns or even words?  What if I wanted my pronouns to be Spectaculous and freezie pop's?

I choose to be recognized as “Your Excellency.”

On 7/23/2019 at 5:30 PM, section122 said:

Talking about physical violence from a senator to the president with cheers from the crowd.  What the ***** is going on?!?!?!  This is all so embarrassing America.  This right here. :bag:

I swear, a high percentage of Americans would be thrilled if this POTUS were assassinated. ?

On 7/25/2019 at 7:45 AM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Cruz has been on top of his game with his Twitter replies this past year. I think Trump rubbed off on him a little bit.

I think he brought Orrin Hatch’s Twitter staff on board. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/25/2019 at 9:39 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Bernie Bros got their money. Honestly? This never should have been an issue. The person in charge of Bernie's campaign staff should have made certain everyone earned $15+ an hour from the start of the campaign.  When you are running on a promise,  at least be aware enough to fulfill the promise yourself whenever possible.

He's done.  I know nearly all these candidates are running on fumes already but it wouldn't surprise me if he's the first to call it a day.  He's been able to parlay "running for President" into a very nice retirement fund.  He can quit the campaigning and still makes gobs of money.  

• Like (+1) 1

?

Musicians Plan 46 Anti-Trump Concerts in Swing States for 2020

If you thought the collusion between entertainment industry and the Democrat Party was bad in the past, just wait until you see what they have in store for 2020. The Democrats don’t even have a nominee yet but already a series of anti-Trump concert rallies has been announced to “harness the power of music to help elect the 46th President of the United States.”

According to Billboard,

a pair of music industry veterans turned activists are announcing a new initiative titled 46 for 46, described as a "strategically planned series of 46 unique concerts in 46 different cities in the states that matter most during the lead up to the 2020 election." The goal: to help launch the Democratic presidential nominee into the White House using the inspirational power of music.

Paid for by bipolitical PAC and run by Kyle Frenette and Christopher Moon, the concert campaign is “[p]rimarily designed to target voters in the swing states that went to Trump in 2016... 46 for 46 entails recruiting artists who either hail from or live in those states — or who at least have some association with them — to play one or more concerts on their home turf in the critical months leading up to the election.”

Frenette said he wants to promote the message that “Democracy can only work if we all participate,” but clearly Republicans and other Trump supporters are discouraged from participating.

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

?

If you thought the collusion between entertainment industry and the Democrat Party was bad in the past, just wait until you see what they have in store for 2020. The Democrats don’t even have a nominee yet but already a series of anti-Trump concert rallies has been announced to “harness the power of music to help elect the 46th President of the United States.”

According to Billboard,

a pair of music industry veterans turned activists are announcing a new initiative titled 46 for 46, described as a "strategically planned series of 46 unique concerts in 46 different cities in the states that matter most during the lead up to the 2020 election." The goal: to help launch the Democratic presidential nominee into the White House using the inspirational power of music.

Paid for by bipolitical PAC and run by Kyle Frenette and Christopher Moon, the concert campaign is “[p]rimarily designed to target voters in the swing states that went to Trump in 2016... 46 for 46 entails recruiting artists who either hail from or live in those states — or who at least have some association with them — to play one or more concerts on their home turf in the critical months leading up to the election.”

Frenette said he wants to promote the message that “Democracy can only work if we all participate,” but clearly Republicans and other Trump supporters are discouraged from participating.

If they go ahead with something like that: James Hetfield, Uncle Ted, Kid Rock, Kanye, and I'm sure there are plenty of Country artists out there who could put together a series of Pro Trump events.  Call it Trumpstock :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

?

According to Billboard,

Hahaha....did you see the list of musicians? I'd pay not to have to listen. ...Also, isn't it somewhat ironic there's a huge headline stating "Music has the ability to bring people together." But the concert is specifically aimed a particular segment of the population not everyone. Typical hypocrisy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Democrats Have Lost What Was Left Of Their Minds

by Derek Hunter

Original Article

Imagine being a Democrat right now. You have the House, and the Republican majority in the Senate is small. In the race for the presidency, you have every advantage with the exception of incumbency. Yes, the economy is booming but there isn’t a mainstream media or cultural institution that isn’t on your side and willing to anything to help you win.

All you have to do is not act crazy and you’re 99 percent of the way home. And that’s the problem, there are no longer any sane Democrats. 

• Like (+1) 2

Democrats turning on each other..................................

DCCC in 'complete chaos' as uproar over diversity intensifies

Politico, by Heather Caygle

Original Articl

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is in full-blown turmoil. Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairwoman Cheri Bustos (D-Ill.) was set to make an unplanned trip to Washington from her district Monday amid an outcry from top black and Latino lawmakers over a lack of diversity in the campaign arm's senior management ranks.

(Snip)

POLITICO reported last week that black and Hispanic lawmakers are furious with Bustos’ stewardship of the campaign arm. They say the upper echelon of the DCCC is bereft of diversity, and it is not doing enough to reach Latino voters and hire consultants of color.

WITH THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HELPING KEEP THE BLADES SHARP: 

On the Eve of the Debates, the Long Knives Come Out for Joe Biden.

Democratic Presidential Clown Car Update for July 29, 2019. 

“The next debates loom, Gabbard sues Google, Moulton shoots people in a graveyard, billionaire Steyer begs for pennies, a lot of polls,

and your periodic reminder that polls are useless.”

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WITH THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA HELPING KEEP THE BLADES SHARP: 

On the Eve of the Debates, the Long Knives Come Out for Joe Biden.

My biggest take-away from that is 

His support for Biden goes all the way back to Biden's original presidential run in 1988 

Biden's been running for President - and failing - for thirty years:lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

2020 Democrats need to answer for their party's open religious bigotry

Original Article

The Senate confirmed Omaha attorney Brian Buescher last week to be U.S. District Court judge for Nebraska. Not a single Democrat voted for him, despite his obvious qualifications.And we know why.Democratic Sens. Mazie Hirono of Hawaii and Kamala Harris of California sought to undermine his confirmation by arguing Buescher's Roman Catholic faith made him unfit for the job.