Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And even if she doesn't run, I could see her holding a press conference the morning after polling, refusing to accept the results of the election and explaining how it's everyone's fault but hers that she didn't win...

Damn Russians!!

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And even if she doesn't run, I could see her holding a press conference the morning after polling, refusing to accept the results of the election and explaining how it's everyone's fault but hers that she didn't win...

I want anything visual and/or audio of her meltdown when she realized it was over, it HAS to be out there.

If we can get Bobby Knight going berzerk at halftime, we can get this.

Edited by row_33

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That means the Midwest is not as in play as the left says publicly. 

Which means they can't win in 2020.

Thus the push for this popular vote compact nonsense. They know the 'blue wall' is gone, and that the schlubs in "flyover country" aren't coming back to the Democrat plantation.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I would have bet heavily on Biden running a couple months ago but I don't think he's going to run.  I think Bernie's big money raise and big poll numbers and his own party telling everyone that they need diversity in their candidate may keep him away.  

I'd be surprised as well.  2020 is looking a lot like 1996 and neither Clinton or Biden want to play the sacrificial Bob Dole role.  

I think both camps also see the DNC as being a complete mess at the moment.  Perez has no gravitas or authority to control the Democrat message or the number of candidates out there saying stuff just to get attention.  It's a complete shitshow.  

FWIW, I think the Democrats (and Washington generally) have been tipped off that the Mueller report isn't going to say what they wanted it to say.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'd be surprised as well.  2020 is looking a lot like 1996 and neither Clinton or Biden want to play the sacrificial Bob Dole role.  

I think both camps also see the DNC as being a complete mess at the moment.  Perez has no gravitas or authority to control the Democrat message or the number of candidates out there saying stuff just to get attention.  It's a complete shitshow.  

FWIW, I think the Democrats (and Washington generally) have been tipped off that the Mueller report isn't going to say what they wanted it to say.  

All they have is AOC and the ISIS bride currently

16 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If this is the way they're thinking heaven help us.

You can't even try to beat to Trump?  As inept and racist/sexist/homophobe/transphobe/anti-Semite/non-orangeaphobe as he is, he should be easy to beat.

If the Ds don't win then they are a lost cause.  But seeing how they are doubling down on the 2016 losing strategy I suppose it's possible.

Is till think Uncle Joe will ride in in his Lamborghini and save the day.   This is literally his last chance.  Just don't plagiarize any speeches :).  I wonder what Alexandria thinks about him.  He did vote for the Iraq War after all.

Edited by reddogblitz

55 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You can't even try to beat to Trump?  As inept and racist/sexist/homophobe/transphobe/anti-Semite/non-orangeaphobe as he is, he should be easy to beat.

If the Ds don't win then they are a lost cause.  But seeing how they are doubling down on the 2016 losing strategy I suppose it's possible.

Is till think Uncle Joe will ride in in his Lamborghini and save the day.   This is literally his last chance.  Just don't plagiarize any speeches :).  I wonder what Alexandria thinks about him.  He did vote for the Iraq War after all.

This will be played every day.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm sure somebody will... to get a leg up on the 2024 race and establish themselves as the alpha candidate of the DNC going forward.  

It just won't be senior citizens Joe Biden or Hilary Clinton.  (I have no idea why Bernie bothers.)  

Really when you think about it, guys like Biden and Sanders are one term Presidents even if elected.  Biden would be 82 and Sanders would be 83 in 2024 at the end of their terms.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

<snip>

If Uncle Joe is smart he will stay in Hooterville.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I've seen this before.  Serious question: Do you really think that IS Joe Biden?  Doesn't even look like him.

It is Joe Biden. Looks like him and sounds like him. Maybe it's why he quit drinking, eh?

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

If you say so.  I guess he just sings in a higher voice when he's drunk.  Looks like some random redneck to me.

I think it's Biden, but I don't think he's drunk.  Just white and middle-aged.

30 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Well, I walked up to Hillary while wearing an I’m With Her ➡️ Shirt and told her she was a ***** liar and a crook that should be in jail, and that I wasn’t with her anymore. 

And #2A is why you weren't double tap suicided

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

She still has time to rise in the caucus.  she may have to stroke some donors for a money shot

Does she rise in the caucus, or does the caucus rise for her?

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Wow. The Donner Party sure likes them some white meat. Why are they afraid of people of color?

Clearly the denizens of Iowa are racist, misogynistic, homophobic Trump plants who hate democracy and should be ignored at all costs.

In fact, Iowa no longer even exists, there's just a great void where the state used to be.

Edited by Koko78

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Wow. The Donner Party sure likes them some white meat. Why are they afraid of people of color?

because they aren't totally batshit crazy

just steeped in pure resentment and bitterness all the live long day

Another #metoo moment...  

Former Gillibrand aide resigned in protest over handling of sex harassment claims

What happened when #MeToo hit the office of one of its leaders, 2020 candidate Kirsten Gillibrand.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), one of the most outspoken advocates of the #MeToo movement who has made fighting sexual misconduct a centerpiece of her presidential campaign, spent last summer pressing legislators to update Congress’ “broken” system of handling sexual harassment.

At the same time, a mid-20s female aide to Gillibrand resigned in protest over the handling of her sexual harassment complaint by Gillibrand‘s office, and criticized the senator for failing to abide by her own public standards.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

Milwaukee chosen as 2020 Democratic National Convention site

The 2020 Democratic National Convention will take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Tom Perez announced Monday, a decision that comes after Hillary Clinton narrowly lost the critical state to Donald Trump in 2016.

</snip>