Buffalo receivers are never good until they leave....?

Rebel101

49 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

You really couldn’t keep going. Way more that did nothing after leaving  Stevie Johnson, peerless, Lee Evans, Eric moulds, roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Robert royal, tj graham, 

Half of your list didnt really do anything here to be fair.

3 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Robert woods marquise Goodwin even Sammy Watkins Kelvin Benjamin was better before he got here Chris Hogan I could keep going....but it is ridiculous that our offenses have been so bad for so long that we’ve made good players look average...hopefully josh Allen breaks this trend in the next few years 

Chris Hogan really hasn't performed much better than he did here. That guy is a mediocre WR, if that.

Woods was the Bills only miscalculation of the receivers. He was always an above average, reliable receiver. He was not elite, but he was above average and consistent. Also he was an excellent blocker on plays he was not the schemed receiver in. He helped out the O-line and made them look better on running plays. And he spent a season playing injured and still was above average that year. The Bills just were possessed by the ghost of Ralph Wilson and did not want to pay the going rate to keep him here.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, simpleman said:

Woods was the Bills only miscalculation of the receivers. He was always an above average, reliable receiver. He was not elite, but he was above average and consistent. Also he was an excellent blocker on plays he was not the schemed receiver in. He helped out the O-line and made them look better on running plays. And he spent a season playing injured and still was above average that year. The Bills just were possessed by the ghost of Ralph Wilson and did not want to pay the going rate to keep him here.

Woods is having a great season. Always liked his blocking skills. One of the best.

He cleared the path for at least one of Gurley's TD's last week. And put up around 92 yards in receptions. Down from his previous week.

He is exactly what the Bills  could have used.

I, don't buy the story he would only play in southern California. He was a good soldier in Buffalo. OBD treated him like a castoff. 

Never offered him anything. 

8 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Robert woods marquise Goodwin even Sammy Watkins Kelvin Benjamin was better before he got here Chris Hogan I could keep going....but it is ridiculous that our offenses have been so bad for so long that we’ve made good players look average...hopefully josh Allen breaks this trend in the next few years 

Another horrible take. Everyone knew robert woods was good here, he left to be in so cal. Goodwin focused on the Olympics and getting injured while here. Watkins best days were here. And plenty of people were upset when we let Hogan walk.

Just becuase casual fantasy football type fans like you didn't see it, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Woods was good here in Buffalo and Goodwin was injured a lot...

way off. we did not throw to them enough and they should have looked better in any competent offense

7 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Another horrible take. Everyone knew robert woods was good here, he left to be in so cal. Goodwin focused on the Olympics and getting injured while here. Watkins best days were here. And plenty of people were upset when we let Hogan walk.

Just becuase casual fantasy football type fans like you didn't see it, doesn't mean the rest of us didn't.

no its not a horrible take. his point is completely valid. we do not throw to our good receivers. you actually had the horrible take.

the natural inclanation of this board is to bash every OP, but when there's finally a good point you guys should hold your horses, instead of spewing nonsense

Edited by DrDare

5 minutes ago, DrDare said:

way off

no its not a horrible take. his point is completely valid. we do not throw to our good receivers. you actually had the horrible take.

You're basically a casual fantasy football fan, if you think the OP's take is valid. The Buffalo Bills Facebook page has a lot of casual fans, it would be a good place to discuss your hot takes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

WR is a deficiiency but its not as bad as people are saying.   At one point the Bills had good wideouts yet fans still found problems with them.  Woods(A blocker with a WR number), Hogan(just  alacrosse player who would not make it on other teams), Watkins (Cant be healthy) and Goodwin (glass doll) were all together.  

This is how I see it

• A good QB can make WR's
  • Good WR's can not make a QB
  • Always fix the QB problem first, always.

You have to start with QB.  And while it is still too early to tell with Allen, the number one problem with the Bills offense right now is QB, not WR, not OL, not TE.   The general lack of talent on offense is part of the problem too but the great QB's find ways to make the WR's available to them work.

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

I agree with what you are saying but i do think that the money he got to go to LA was more than he was worth to us with our running focused game. But for the OP to say sammy got good after leaving is just stupid- he is on pace in a high flying offense to be worse than he was when he was healthy here.

10 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

All of those receivers were always good. Anyone who said otherwise when they were here is a moron.

9 hours ago, cba fan said:

Rebel101 said:

I said:

well....

he sure has a nice crop of WR's he is more than welcome to make look average. That would be amazing.

Augie said:

Make them look even average, and it would be a miracle! 

But you don't understand who I am talking about??

OK. This is who. "current crop of WR's" Allen can start by making that sorry group look at least avg.

FYI: "nice crop of WR's" is sarcasm.

Yes... but which WRs are you talking about?

• Haha (+1) 1

The Goonies called.

Stevie Johnson.  Back to back 1000 yd seasons here, never came close anywhere else

David Nelson, best 2 years here.

Scott Chandler, also

None of them were what I'd call great receivers - SJ ran whatever route he felt like (TBF, Gailey coached that) and never came back for the ball

But they were starters here and flamed out when they left.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I think everyone knew that Woods was a solid player while he was here. The argument was if he was worth the $$$. I would have liked to re-sign him, but I understood the move for him because he was getting paid and going back home. Goodwin was the epitome of Mr. Glass while he was here. You could see he was starting to develop as a WR in his final season, but they didn't want to commit the cash to a guy who was missing multiple games every season. I understood that too. For all of the crap many posters gave Watkins, I argued many times on his behalf. He was clearly the best WR we had and carried the potential to be our #1 if they targeted and schemed for him as such. If you look at his production in the instances where he was targeted like a #1 the evidence was there. In the end you can't complain about the return we got for him and he himself confessed that he wasn't being the consumate professional in the locker room. Hogan was a solid WR. He is like the white version of Woods. Another guy they chose not to pay, but you knew that he would give someone solid production game in and game out. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Robert Woods went from 65 catches and 699 yds in 2014 (high as a Bill) to 56 catches and 781 yds last year.  Wow he really blew it up after leaving.  

Oh and the same amount of TD's.