Buffalo receivers are never good until they leave....?

Rebel101

37 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Robert Woods went from 65 catches and 699 yds in 2014 (high as a Bill) to 56 catches and 781 yds last year.  Wow he really blew it up after leaving.  

Oh and the same amount of TD's. 

You and your stupid facts.  I suppose you are going to now somehow prove with these fuzzy math numbers that Hogan is doing the same in NE as he did in buf ? Or that Sammy is on pace for 800 yards this year (worse than his first two in buf) 

or this familiar sight

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/report-marquise-goodwin-miss-49ers-game-against-cardinals

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Yeah I'd agree that only Woods has looked better since leaving.  The others are the same. 

BTW, is Goodwin even playing?  Haven't heard much about him, although losing Jimmy G probably had a lot to do with that.

12 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Robert woods marquise Goodwin even Sammy Watkins Kelvin Benjamin was better before he got here Chris Hogan I could keep going....but it is ridiculous that our offenses have been so bad for so long that we’ve made good players look average...hopefully josh Allen breaks this trend in the next few years 

The Bills have a long history with many excellent receivers.   The problem lately is it is hard for a WR to really excel when you do not have a good QB. 

Woods, Goodwin and Watkins are the same as they were with Buffalo, they are just in a better situation.   Same with Hogan.  As other have stated, Woods is the best football player in the bunch and we should have kept him but even if we did he was limited with no threat lining up across from him and Tyrod throwing.    They are all in a better situation. 

Benjamin is the same last bum now as he was in Carolina.  If he was special they would not have unloaded him. 

We need to draft a couple of WRs this year, the cast we have is very poor. 

8 hours ago, DrDare said:

way off. we did not throw to them enough and they should have looked better in any competent offense

I think you are way off.

You edited my post in your reply and then commented on it

My complete original post said: Woods was good here in Buffalo and Goodwin was injured a lot. Plus you have to remember we've been doing the ground and pound thing in recent years

Your edited version of my post said: Woods was good here in Buffalo and Goodwin was injured a lot... 

You cut out the ground and pound part of what I posted and said that I was way off and they should have thrown them the ball more. That is ridiculous. 

To go back to my original post Woods was good here, and Goodwin was injured a lot (https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/marquise-goodwin/7666). Those are the facts.

The ground and pound offense means the passing game statistics suffer at the expense of the run game. Woods was clutch when he was here and people knew it. We just couldn't afford to keep him. Thankfully Beane is fixing the salary cap issue so going forward we'll be competitive with free agents.