McDermott and Beane ought to feel utter terror about Allen

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

No frankly the crusading is flat out irritating....and always done by the same ignorant posters

Then it should be easy for you to ignore a thread stared by the same ignorant posters?  Why is this so damn difficult for some ppl?  They rather just B word instead of solve the problem themselves by NOT CLICKING!

Edited by PeterDude

To be fair to be beane and McDermott, it's very possible they wanted Darnold or even Mayfield, who knows. I don't doubt in anyway though that if Allen shows little to no improvement by week 17, they will draft another qb. I believe this is part of the reason beane wanted to keep all 19's draft picks in place. Easier to trade up and get a qb than it is to get back a lost 1st ro. Pick. I do not see this coaching staff waiting 3 or 4 years for Allen to get good. He's either got it or he doesn't 

4 hours ago, billspro said:

You just have a vendetta. Allen has shown good accuracy so far. He had four throw away yesterday and I see people like you attributing those throws to accuracy issues. Does he need to get better at reading defenses? Yes. His timing and touch has gotten better every game. If you just look at the box score then it looks like Allen had a bad game. He actually executed the game plan perfectly yesterday. He made some huge third down conversions, had a big running TD, didn’t hold the ball too long, and didn’t turn it over (that was on Holmes). The only off target throw was a low throw to KB (still could have been caught by an athletic WR). He has been growing as a QB, hopefully that continues because we need him to be the franchise.

Also, he led a perfect 4 minute drive to win the game and looked cool and collected the whole time.

:( 

Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, and Ryan Tannehill all were worse than Allen in their first four starts.

Russell Wilson and Phillip Rivers both had less passing yards in their first four starts. 

Jared Goff had a worse completion percentage in his first four starts.

Will he ever be good, I have no idea.   But to say that after four starts is a bit premature.   Aaron Rodgers wasnt even a full time starter until his 4th year in the league.

Try to remember this thing isnt a sprint.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billspro said:

I will debate you all day. His accuracy is not an issue. It wasn’t bad in college either. His completion percentage is bad but that is not because of accuracy issues. He had 4 throw away yesterday that were all smart decisions but hurt his completion percentage.

You are wrong. But if you like we can go through all the throws yesterday. He had one inaccurate throw that was low to KB.

Do I need to be gaslighted?  No thanks.

My eyes work just fine.

22 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Do I need to be gaslighted?  No thanks.

My eyes work just fine.

Allen will improve every week so we will find out if your actually watching or just bias. 

I rewatched all the throws yesterday and he took what the defence gave him. The only throw he left on the field was the low one to KB.

19 hours ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

What really irritates me is that when he on the sidelines, no one is there to talk to him and mentor him.  Daboll is up top, the QB coach just sits there, and Peterman is nowhere to be found.  Kid is literally there by himself, which makes you have to wonder the quality of coaching he is getting both during the game and at practice.  Talk about being set up to fail.

Agree with this 100%

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Eh... Big Ben had 295 attempts in 13 games for his rookie year. Rarely threw more than 10 passes is an incredible stretch. 

Thats less than 20 a game.

20 would be 320

1 hour ago, billspro said:

Allen will improve every week so we will find out if your actually watching or just bias. 

I rewatched all the throws yesterday and he took what the defence gave him. The only throw he left on the field was the low one to KB.

I don't dislike Josh.  He can improve, but with the current staff and supporting cast, the odds are against him.

I have little faith McBeane knows what they're doing, concerning the offense.

20 hours ago, Wyo_Bills Fan said:

What really irritates me is that when he on the sidelines, no one is there to talk to him and mentor him.  Daboll is up top, the QB coach just sits there, and Peterman is nowhere to be found.  Kid is literally there by himself, which makes you have to wonder the quality of coaching he is getting both during the game and at practice.  Talk about being set up to fail.

The great QBs are always studying formations on the side. Brady and Peyton immediately come to mind. They usually have an assistant helping to provide photos or screenshots of recent plays.  I often find it odd when I see a QB just sitting there.  Is he mentally putting himself in a good place, or is he just missing out on an opportunity to learn?  It seems like a QB coach or some other assistant should be going over things with him. 

By the way, when the OP starts with “With Allen looking as bad as he does...”  ...that’s not a diplomatic way to start an intelligent debate.  That’s a man on a mission.