In 21 games with McDermott, we have been blown out 6 times

On 10/1/2018 at 4:22 PM, ScottLaw said:

Watkins and the "limited" production theory.

The guy was a top WR in the league the last half of 2015. Had an injury plagued 2016 and was traded prior to the 2017 season. 

We are in DIRE need of a guy like Watkins for Allen. Bad trade then and a bad trade now.

Actually, both transactions involving Watkins were bad.  They “wasted” an additional first round pick to move up in the draft for him when they could’ve stayed where they were and drafted OBJ.  

Of course, we don’t know who that 2015 1st round pick would’ve been used on and whether they would’ve worked out.  This regime probably would’ve got rid of them anyways.

32 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What a sad response. Perhaps we should take your approach and just blindly agree with everything done at OBD and assume it’s all going according to plan.

or maybe we should just criticize ALL THE THINGS and demand EVERYONE FIRED NAU

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Likewise. You've been a vocal complainer for weeks.

I criticize things that deserve criticism. I praise things that warrant it. This team is in a really bad place right now and deserves all the criticism. It’s not my fault you cant  see it or comprehend it. You call it complaining because it hurts your feelings isn’t my problem.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I criticize things that deserve criticism. I praise things that warrant it. This team is in a really bad place right now and deserves all the criticism. It’s not my fault you’re either too dumb, blind or naive to see it or comprehend it. You call it complaining because it hurts your feelings isn’t my problem. Try not to be so soft.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen you praise anything this regime's done. I call it complaining because that's what it is. Mindless, ceaseless, eternal complaining.

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen you praise anything this regime's done. I call it complaining because that's what it is. Mindless, ceaseless, eternal complaining.

You must have a selective memory or you’re just that dense. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

What a sad response. Perhaps we should take your approach and just blindly agree with everything done at OBD and assume it’s all going according to plan.

I don’t think anybody blindly accepts every move and misstep. They are there, it’s a fact. It happens to every team, even the best teams. Sure, Mahomes looks like a whiff now. The list goes on and on, especially with the benefit of hindsight. The question is what will they build over the long haul. People can have an opinion on what’s happened so far, but nobody can fairly grade them as anything but “incomplete” right now. 

There is a big divide here between those who want to see it play out and those who have decided it’s (almost) all bad. Glass half full vs glass half empty. The truth should be somewhere in the middle.  But SOME people....I wonder if they are this negative in every aspect of their lives, or if the Bills bring out something “special” in them? 

I’ll give it time. Why? There’s really nothing I can do about it. (We certainly can’t start over again, with new FO, coaches, schemes, players, etc.)  If I were to let it make me truly miserable, I hope I’d find some other way to spend my time and money. But that’s just me. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think anybody blindly accepts every move and misstep. They are there, it’s a fact. It happens to every team, even the best teams. Sure, Mahomes looks like a whiff now. The list goes on and on, especially with the benefit of hindsight. The question is what will they build over the long haul. People can have an opinion on what’s happened so far, but nobody can fairly grade them as anything but “incomplete” right now. 

There is a big divide here between those who want to see it play out and those who have decided it’s (almost) all bad. Glass half full vs glass half empty. The truth should be somewhere in the middle.  But SOME people....I wonder if they are this negative in every aspect of their lives, or if the Bills bring out something “special” in them? 

I’ll give it time. Why? There’s really nothing I can do about it. (We certainly can’t start over again, with new FO, coaches, schemes, players, etc.)  If I were to let it make me truly miserable, I hope I’d find some other way to spend my time and money. But that’s just me. 

We have no option but to give it time and see how it plays out. I’ve already said that McD and BB are not going anywhere and are here for at least this year and next. The big test will be how they add talent to the roster to make it more competitive. Come the end of next season and this team is still nowhere close then I think seats will deservedly be hot.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Bangarang said:

We have no option but to give it time and see how it plays out. I’ve already said that McD and BB are not going anywhere and are here for at least this year and next. The big test will be how they add talent to the roster to make it more competitive. Come the end of next season and this team is still nowhere close then I think seats will deservedly be hot.

That's at least reasonable. So a thumbs up for that.

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

says the guy who thinks anyone gives two cents if he "quits the bills" LOL

I think you're misunderstanding. I don't give a !@#$ if any of you care. I don't give a !@#$ about you as a person, even.  I'm sure you're a swell guy, but I don't know you from adam, so your opinion on anything carries no weight with me, whatsoever.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That's at least reasonable. So a thumbs up for that.

I think you're misunderstanding. I don't give a !@#$ if any of you care. I don't give a !@#$ about you as a person, even.  I'm sure you're a swell guy, but I don't know you from adam, so your opinion on anything carries no weight with me, whatsoever.

You probably wouldnt have responded if it truly didnt carry weight.  I think the bulk of posters on here are tired of your combative superiority complex.  But im sure you have the perfect witty response in the chamber 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I think I will let the door hit me tank you.  The game is watered down.  I would defend it more but I've been up for 30 hours and need to pass the !@#$ out.

The game isn't watered down, it's smarter. Daryl Talley is falling apart. Thurman Thomas had a feature talking about he doesn't remember where he is going sometimes. I'm sure you are referring to how people not getting concussed 5 times a game is ruining your enjoyment but I value human life over a game. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

The game isn't watered down, it's smarter. Daryl Talley is falling apart. Thurman Thomas had a feature talking about he doesn't remember where he is going sometimes. I'm sure you are referring to how people not getting concussed 5 times a game is ruining your enjoyment but I value human life over a game. 

Boy oh boy you are assuming a lot here.  The league has changed rules over the last few years, they have been well documented in addition to the ones that deal with player safety, with the single purpose to make it easier for offenses to score.  Say what you want about the game but I prefer to give the defense a chance rather than watching arena league where people can just launch it up in the air and hope for penalties when they need to move down field in a hurry. 

Sorry but the game is trash right now.  Young coaches like McVay and Nagy are doing a great job within the framework they are given but the NFL game is just not very good.  They could roll back a few rules changes that don't interfere with player safety that would level the playing field for defenses.  What is the average QB rating right now?  Over 100 right?  That is not good for the game.  Call me an old timer, I'm in my mid thirties by the way, but the reality is, the league has gone far beyond the scope of player safety with their rule changes over the last decade, in an attempt to appeal to the casual fan (same reason you have crappy pop bands from the 00's playing at halftime on Monday Night Football)  and the game increasingly sucks because of it.  They make these rule changes to appeal to a wider base but it hurts the game and in the end makes it less appealing to all.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

11 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Boy oh boy you are assuming a lot here.  The league has changed rules over the last few years, they have been well documented in addition to the ones that deal with player safety, with the single purpose to make it easier for offenses to score.  Say what you want about the game but I prefer to give the defense a chance rather than watching arena league where people can just launch it up in the air and hope for penalties when they need to move down field in a hurry. 

Sorry but the game is trash right now.  Young coaches like McVay and Nagy are doing a great job within the framework they are given but the NFL game is just not very good.  They could roll back a few rules changes that don't interfere with player safety that would level the playing field for defenses.  What is the average QB rating right now?  Over 100 right?  That is not good for the game.  Call me an old timer, I'm in my mid thirties by the way, but the reality is, the league has gone far beyond the scope of player safety with their rule changes over the last decade, in an attempt to appeal to the casual fan (same reason you have crappy pop bands from the 00's playing at halftime on Monday Night Football)  and the game increasingly sucks because of it.  They make these rule changes to appeal to a wider base but it hurts the game and in the end makes it less appealing to all.

I'm older than you are then, funny. I get what you are saying but I'm just not seeing it when I watch football. This game starts and ends with the QB and allowing him use his abilities to his best just makes sense to me. Those 9-6 grind it out games are usually worth watching 50% of the time; they are usually boring as hell. 

I just find it interesting how we, as bills fans, complain about offense this, offense that. We are the team that invented fast pace, no huddle, throw it all over the place offense. It started in our stadium. Now we are so scared to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, mattynh said:

He has also managed to win 10 games with inferior talent....guess its how you want to look at it.

When did he win 10* games?

* Maybe you are counting the game that Andy Dalton won against the Ravens on that miracle 4th down TD pass.

Edited by Peter

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

When did he win 10* games?

* Maybe you are counting the game that Andy Dalton won against the Ravens on that miracle 4th down TD pass.

When?  last year 9 games, this year 1.  Lets do the math: 9 + 1 = 10.  Maybe you do math another way, Dalton style or something.  

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

When?  last year 9 games, this year 1.  Lets do the math: 9 + 1 = 10.  Maybe you do math another way, Dalton style or something.  

So you are counting this year as well. Ok. That means his record is currently:

10 - 10.

I suspect that second number is going to go up higher than that first number as the year progresses.

Interestingly, McCoach already has a -56 point differential for this year and a - 113 since the beginning of last year. 

In the two years prior to McCoach, we had a +20 and + 21 for a total of +41.

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve been wondering this also but in the opposite direction. Do some people accept things in their life that are this bad consistently. Are the people who are still positive at this point in relationships they should have bailed on years ago?

I disagree that we can’t start over. I know that we won’t, but years from now we will look back and wish McBeane were fired today. I’ve never seen so many terrible trades, signings, roster moves, lack of roster moves, and missed draft picks by any professional team in such a short span of time. 

19 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I'm sure that's it.

:rolleyes:

So, what do you LIKE that McDermott and Beane have done?

I give McD a ton of credit for helping to end the drought. Getting that weight off the team’s shoulder is a massive win.

It looks like BB and McD have added some nice young pieces to the defense through the draft. You can definitely build a good defense around a stud corner and MLB.

The offense needs a lot of work though and their jobs probably depend on whether Allen pans out.

Thats probably it for right now. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

So you are counting this year as well. Ok. That means his record is currently:

10 - 10.

I suspect that second number is going to go up higher than that first number as the year progresses.

Interestingly, McCoach already has a -56 point differential for this year and a - 113 since the beginning of last year. 

In the two years prior to McCoach, we had a +20 and + 21 for a total of +41.

Well the thread topic is counting this year as well so why wouldn't we count all the wins over both years?   Yeah they are a worse team this year just based on talent they have lost.  They also offloaded a bunch of talent last year.   Is McDermott a good coach?  I have some doubts as do you it sounds like.  We have no choice but to let it play out so even though I have doubts I also have reasons to think he can turn out good.  But it wont be this year.  The key to everything is Josh Allen.  If he busts, so does McDermott.

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

Well the thread topic is counting this year as well so why wouldn't we count all the wins over both years?   Yeah they are a worse team this year just based on talent.  Is McDermott a good coach?  I have some doubts as do you it sounds like.  We have no choice but to let it play out so even though I have doubts I also have reasons to think he can turn out good.  But it wont be this year.  The key to everything is Josh Allen.  If he busts, so does McDermott.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I give McD a ton of credit for helping to end the drought. Getting that weight off the team’s shoulder is a massive win.

It looks like BB and McD have added some nice young pieces to the defense through the draft. You can definitely build a good defense around a stud corner and MLB.

The offense needs a lot of work though and their jobs probably depend on whether Allen pans out.

Thats probably it for right now. 

Well that's a start. :lol: good on ya!

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Another absolute blow out again today. Record now sits at 11-14 with 8-10 blowies. People have a different definition but I’ll say that easily 

Bal

SD

GB

Ind 

and today should count for this year alone. I’ll give them the benifit of the doubt on the Monday nighter since that turned on that last pick. This is not going to work with these guys. Might as well get the band aid off sooner then later 

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Another absolute blow out again today. Record now sits at 11-14 with 8-10 blowies. People have a different definition but I’ll say that easily 

Bal

SD

GB

Ind 

and today should count for this year alone. I’ll give them the benifit of the doubt on the Monday nighter since that turned on that last pick. This is not going to work with these guys. Might as well get the band aid off sooner then later 

Looking at the scores last year and this year, and trying to be fair with it, I have 5 blowouts last year, and 5 so far this year.

That's 10 blowouts in 25 regular season games for his career.

That's a 40% blowout percentage.

Every 2 of 5 games McD coaches is a blowout.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Looking at the scores last year and this year, and trying to be fair with it, I have 5 blowouts last year, and 5 so far this year.

That's 10 blowouts in 25 regular season games for his career.

That's a 40% blowout percentage.

Every 2 of 5 games McD coaches is a blowout.

The personnel decisions this team makes is embarrassing and the performance is incredible. I’m past being worried about these guys and landing on I hope the get fired

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McBeane have sucked the life out of this team.  

Because there are so many blow outs and we are out of games so early, it is hard to have an emotional investment in McBeane's version of the Buffalo Bills.

Don't get me wrong - I have been a Bills fan for decades and it is part of my DNA . . . and always will be.  

Nevertheless, I have become apathetic about McBeane's iteration of the Bills.  I suspect that I am not alone.  I suspect there are going to be a lot of empty seats as we get closer to the end of the year. It will be interesting to see what happens with season ticket renewals unless something positive happens with this team.

McBeane  better do something to recapture the passion of those of us who have stood by this team for so many years.

• Like (+1) 2

Today was the least excited I have been for a Bills game since the end of EJs rookie year. Overall this has been the most upsetting season since the last year we wasted with Chan. I don’t see it getting better. I wanted us to just retain Lynn and not start all the way over on offense and now we are absolutely terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Today was the least excited I have been for a Bills game since the end of EJs rookie year. Overall this has been the most upsetting season since the last year we wasted with Chan. I don’t see it getting better. I wanted us to just retain Lynn and not start all the way over on offense and now we are absolutely terrible.

Totally agree.

The Bills are completely unwatchable right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really do hope these guys get cleaned out after the season. I was so happy after the drought ended and somehow in 9 weeks every built up equity has been erased. I can probably live with McDermott for another year but I want at least Dabol gone tomorrow. He’s had 4 weeks more then he should have at this point. Let’s go here

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Totally agree.

The Bills are completely unwatchable right now. 

For an Arsenal supporter to agree with a Spurs supporter . . . there must be a compelling reason.  You are correct sir.  McBeane have created a. completely unwatchable team, and I am someone who will watch any football that is on television . . . from high school to college to the pros  . . . and, of course, the EPL.

• Like (+1) 2