Taron Johnson playing very good ball.

JerseyBills

3 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Three 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder make up the rest of that list. Taron looking even better as a 4th round pick. 

What is interesting is this is where you tend to find quality corners.....Marlin Kerner and Kenny Irvin come to mind.....both solid guys that the bills found in the middle of the draft.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

What is interesting is this is where you tend to find quality corners.....Marlin Kerner and Kenny Irvin come to mind.....both solid guys that the bills found in the middle of the draft.

There is value to be had for sure, especially when you have some like McDermott that knows what to look for in a corner. Wasn't Josh Norman a 5th rounder?

1 minute ago, Philo Beddoe said:

There is value to be had for sure, especially when you have some like McDermott that knows what to look for in a corner. Wasn't Josh Norman a 5th rounder?

It is my hope that this year is all about collecting both the starting unit and depth on the D side of the ball

And maybe except for a pass rusher early....everything else goes toward offense next year......I know that goes against the "best player available" strategy but these guys are making me miss Woods, Goodwin, and Watkins so badly....jesus

• Like (+1) 1

Bills’ Young Secondary Tested

Another young defensive back, Taron Johnson, also was tested by the wily vet, but Johnson fared better than White and Lewis. His play was not only noticed by fans, but also by his head coach:

He’s a dog in a good way. That’s what you have to have. You notice it; you feel him out there. For a young player to have made that type of presence known from that nickel position is huge for our defense. He’s a little banged up with the shoulder, but he goes out of the game [and] comes back in. He wants it, and I’ve been very pleased with his progress to this point.

Only three passes were caught out of seven targets when Johnson was the primary defender in coverage, for a total of 25 yards. But Johnson’s ‘dog mentality’ was on full display once receivers caught the ball and in the box against the run. The Weber State graduate pitched in six total tackles, two stops and forced a fumble on a big hit on Rodgers. In my opinion, he was the best defender on the Bills’ squad.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, MJS said:

This is also a great example of how to avoid putting your body weight on the QB. The defender hits the QB and then turns his body as they both fall to the ground.

This is going to be the technique we see from defenders here on out.

did you see that little B word Rodgers trip Johnson after the sack?

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hope it’s not too bad

He came back in. Kids a gamer... Shoulder been nicked up since week 2 I believe, McD has personally brought up his toughness 

Edited by JerseyBills

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Taron Johnson was making plays all over the field against the Titans. Wow what a great draft pick. He is getting better every game. We have a future star with TJ. 

Ya you could see it from the pre season , i didn't expect him to explode on the scene like he has . Crazy we add another playmaker to White, Hyde,Poyer , ??

All of the talk about the top three picks in the draft this year has Johnson sitting in the background but playing with no pressure as a 4th round starting nickel in a Bills secondary thirst for cornerbacks to step up next to White.  He's playing his way into more playing time.  Hasn't been perfect by any means but he's shown improvement since camp.  I like the way this coaching staff has been using the rookies, especially Johnson and Neal.  Blitzing these two is a nice way to get them involved early in their careers to give them some confidence.  Each have a sack and Taron of course has an interception as well.  Neal playing less with Poyer and Hyde getting the majority of the reps at S.  Hoping these two young guys can continue the youth movement on defense and get more playing time.  

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This draft class may become one of the best ever if Allen develops and hits the potential of his physical skills.  If Teller becomes a contributor then the first five picks will be solid contributors.

Seeing young players take on such big roles already on this team is exciting.  The first year and second year players on this team are a solid core so far.  Hope they continue to grow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Seeing young players take on such big roles already on this team is exciting.  The first year and second year players on this team are a solid core so far.  Hope they continue to grow.

But, by all means, we should fire everybody!   ?

I’m very pleased with the direction, and if Allen is what we pray for, expecting a very bright future. We’re hitting on a lot of other picks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

But, by all means, we should fire everybody!   ?

I’m very pleased with the direction, and if Allen is what we pray for, expecting a very bright future. We’re hitting on a lot of other picks. 

I'm calling a hit already on the 5th pick last year with Milano and Johnson looks good as a 4th this year.  Defense has been dominant of late and we have 1st and second year players all over the field.  Very encouraging.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

I'm calling a hit already on the 5th pick last year with Milano and Johnson looks good as a 4th this year.  Defense has been dominant of late and we have 1st and second year players all over the field.  Very encouraging.

I think our LG of the future may already be on the team too, even if he’s inactive most weeks. The next tough guy LG, without the whole headcase thing. Love Richie and wish him all the best, but we need stable people. 

Rex talked about building a bully but McDermott is actually doing it!  We are a tough team.  We don't get pushed around anymore, we are the pushers.  Teller fits the mold if he can develop.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think our LG of the future may already be on the team too, even if he’s inactive most weeks. The next tough guy LG, without the whole headcase thing. Love Richie and wish him all the best, but we need stable people. 

^

30 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Don't you know Beane and McDermott are incompetent? This team is an absolute dumpster fire right now. :rolleyes: