Taron Johnson playing very good ball.

JerseyBills

On 9/28/2018 at 11:27 PM, John from Riverside said:

I would live with top 5 on the secondary.......

We need depth and a pass rush to compliment hughes (really glad we have not given up on hughes) Murphy is coming along and looks to be getting better by the week.

To me this was the plan.....biuld the D and get the QB this year.....next year hard core push to improve the offense......I always thought that was the plan

We need a bonified, Ted Washington type, run stuff DT and another LB

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/05/why_taron_johnsons_college_coach_thinks_buffalo_bills_found_the_next_antoine_win.amp

I grew up in the defensive backfield and have played every position you can and have coached them all as well

on draft day I thought we got a steal and our starting nickel corner in Johnson... how well balanced and physical he is. The technique he uses and his ball skills. His competitiveness is great and he just looks like an NFL corner 

His coach has reaffirmed what I thought and he has coached a bunch of good corners. Says he would take him over his own Sean Smith 

compares him to our own Buffalo legend in Antoine Winfield ?

we can only hope and pray

( I posted this in May and it got archived and Hapless said I can just restart the thread with the article... the kid is playing really good ball right now and is really physical for his size... he’s gonna be a good one)

• Like (+1) 4

Him and Tre should be a great duo for a long time in this league. I’m really excited about this rookie class. Edmunds has improved a ton every game, Phillips has been solid, and Johnson has played fast and physical. We just need the most important piece to work out and this could be one of the best drafts in franchise history.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, billspro said:

Him and Tre should be a great duo for a long time in this league. I’m really excited about this rookie class. Edmunds has improved a ton every game, Phillips has been solid, and Johnson has played fast and physical. We just need the most important piece to work out and this could be one of the best drafts in franchise history.

Johnson is strictly a slot CB, so they still need someone on the outside opposite Tre going forward. Ryan Lewis' play is encouraging, and it would be great if he turns out to be that guy.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Johnson is strictly a slot CB, so they still need someone on the outside opposite Tre going forward. Ryan Lewis' play is encouraging, and it would be great if he turns out to be that guy.

Johnson doesn't always go in the slot...

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

related conversations 

Taron Johnson and Siran Neal accomplished a franchise first

related conversations 

...you could add in Ryan Lewis, 2017 UDFA that we recently grabbed from Pats PS as a pleasant surprise......kid got pressed into service and has been showing up to play......

He was considered a steal almost everywhere I looked on draft day.  

Kid is is a baller. 

The secondary is one Corner away from being absolutely set for years to come.  

S - Hyde, Poyer, Neal

DB - White, Johnson

Lewis has flashed and the staff should certainly give him a chance to earn the other starting outside spot moving forward.