Taron Johnson playing very good ball.

JerseyBills

Another rookie and another positive addition to this team. Kid has played very solid , and considering the losses of the quitter and Gaines , that's just awesome that we can rely on a first year player in week 3 to play a full game and execute at a high level. 

Cover 1 has some vids on his play and I think he's going to end up being a steal and is a fantastic addition to an elite secondary that's going to be together for the next few years. So much optimism for the present and future with this team and very early in his career, Taron is looking like a fantastic fit 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Yep, Johnson's been balling.

Quietly, the Bills have rebuilt their defense. It's not finished yet, but a core of Edmunds, Milano, Philips, White, Hyde, Poyer, and Johnson (with Murphy and Star as nice veteran additions through free agency) is very promising. 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

4 Rookies with significant playing time and playing well. Harrison Phillips had the second highest grade in PFF for rookie DTs too. 

We are one CB away from having the best secondary in the NFL. White, Poyer, Hyde, and Johnson are legit.

I do agree that we're a CB away from a top 5 secondary, but best in the league?

Peters, Talib, Joyner, Johnson for the Rams or Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson, Church from the Jags might have something to say about that.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Quietly, the Bills have rebuilt their defense. It's not finished yet, but a core of Edmunds, Milano, Philips, White, Hyde, Poyer, and Johnson (with Murphy and Star as nice veteran additions through free agency) is very promising. 

Peters, Talib, Joyner, Johnson for the Rams or Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson, Church from the Jags might have something to say about that.

You and your damned logic!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I would live with top 5 on the secondary.......

We need depth and a pass rush to compliment hughes (really glad we have not given up on hughes) Murphy is coming along and looks to be getting better by the week.

To me this was the plan.....biuld the D and get the QB this year.....next year hard core push to improve the offense......I always thought that was the plan

• Like (+1) 1

I think Ryan Lewis had a good game Sunday.  He could be the answer across from White.  Poyer and Hyde have a few years left.  If White, Johnson and Lewis all perform well going forward, the back end ofo the defense could enjoy several years of stability to go with top performance.  This regime seems to have a good handle on identifying young DBs who can play at a high level.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

The CB would have to be as good as White, not easy to find for sure.

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think Ryan Lewis had a good game Sunday.  He could be the answer across from White.  Poyer and Hyde have a few years left.  If White, Johnson and Lewis all perform well going forward, the back end ofo the defense could enjoy several years of stability to go with top performance.  This regime seems to have a good handle on identifying young DBs who can play at a high level.

I tried to keep an eye on Edmunds and Lewis last week on D. Was very impressed with Lewis, who had Diggs covered well a number of times. Tre was definitely covering him more, but both did an excellent job. Certainly better than the vaunted Rams secondary did 

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Have you seen that Rams defense? Nice on paper,not so much in the stat sheet. Even with Talib,but we lost our #2 in week 2, so no excuses, our secondary is on another level than LA.

Nice collection of talent but they don't mesh, we got one unit 

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Have you seen that Rams defense? Nice on paper,not so much in the stat sheet. Even with Talib,but we lost our #2 in week 2, so no excuses, our secondary is on another level than LA.

Nice collection of talent but they don't mesh, we got one unit 

That line in LA is nasty; I think that’s a big part of the hype. But I agree with you overall.

I would pump the brakes on the elite secondary claims....... Yes they play well together in spurts but besides a top 10 corner in White its a couple scrappy safeties, a so far pretty good Johnson and then a bunch of help me baby Jesuses as the remaining cb's.......front 4 and lb is where to focus on really finishing the overall unit though. 

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I would pump the brakes on the elite secondary claims....... Yes they play well together in spurts but besides a top 10 corner in White its a couple scrappy safeties, a so far pretty good Johnson and then a bunch of help me baby Jesuses as the remaining cb's.......front 4 and lb is where to focus on really finishing the overall unit though. 

Name a better safety duo than Hyde/Poyer? Plus a bonafide stud lockdown cb . Overall we are a great secondary

• Like (+1) 2