patriots demise is greatly Exaggerated

17 Josh Allen

I can see the argument that they will be getting a few WR's on the field with Gordon and Edelman so they should get better. But what about their d? 

30th in the league in total yards giving up. 

31st in the league in rushing yards giving up. 

25th in the league in net passing yards

21st in the league in points per game 

Their next 4 game stretch they have the Fins, Colts, Chiefs, and Bears. 9-3 overall record. This slow start could turn out to be an epic slow start. 

I don't think it's the end of NE this year but I think what you do see is system fatigue.  Regardless of outcome, I think the 2018-2019 is the last year of the Brady era.  He looks bored, Gronk both slow and bored.  Team lacks focus.  

I don't think Josh Gordon is going to amount to anything spectacular in NE.    He's JAG until proven otherwise.   

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They dont need to stop the run, they just come back and score if their opponent scores

If a team can run like that and keep that fat, slow defense on the field and tired...  it can be a formula to beat them.  

Not sure if this is the year that is the end.  However, I could see the team imploding if things go south a bit more.  They absolutely NEED Gronk AND Edelman on offense.  

Could they give Brady a worse receiving core?

Hogan - Solid role player

Dorsett - Failed 1st rounder

Patterson - Failed first rounder

Gronk - Great player, injury risk

Don't get me wrong, I hope they implode. But if your plan was to trade Jimmy G and win one or two more with Brady, assembling that team around him is a joke. They couldnt convince Allen Robinson to come play with Brady? or keep Brandon Cooks?

If I was Brady, I'd be pissed

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I could think of one......

Oh yeah, ours sucks too.

But Josh Allen isnt Brady preparing to ride off into the sunset. I just think its a disservice to a great player.

Who are they playing that they cant afford Cooks or Robinson? 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh yeah, ours sucks too.

But Josh Allen isnt Brady preparing to ride off into the sunset. I just think its a disservice to a great player.

Who are they playing that they cant afford Cooks or Robinson? 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/

by next week they'll have arguably the best slot weapon in the nfl on the field, arguably the best TE and a very solid outside guy in Hogan. I would give my left nut for allen to have a cast like that going forward. he's won superbowls with less than that.

I think you(and skip Bayless) are slightly exaggerating how bad his weapons are.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Unless the folks posting here are secretly members of the Bills 53-man roster or coaching staff, we can “look past GB” all we want and it won’t make a damn bit of difference.

Fine, don't care.  No one will hit your fingers with a ruler for doing so.  Just that don't count your chickens before they're hatched is applicable.  

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

by next week they'll have arguably the best slot weapon in the nfl on the field, arguably the best TE and a very solid outside guy in Hogan. I would give my left nut for allen to have a cast like that going forward. he's won superbowls with less than that.

I think you(and skip Bayless) are slightly exaggerating how bad his weapons are.

My point is they could have given him somebody worth a damn

Two teams gave up on Patterson and the Colts gave up on Dorsett.

Edelman is 32 and coming off a torn ACL. Hogan is fine, but his career high in catches is 41 with the Bills in 2014. He had 34 catches last year in an offense that throws the ball almost 57% of the time. Hes a JAG in every since of the word.

Personally, If I was Brady, I'd be a little annoyed that this combination was the best Belicheck could do for him

His Super Bowl win season targets

2002 - Troy Brown (97 catches) David Patten, and Deon Branch

2004 - Branch, Givens, Patten and Corey Dillion

2005- Same

2015 - Amendola, Edelman, Lafell, Dobson and Gronk

2016 - Hogan, Amendola, Floyd, Gronk, and Bennett

Any of those combinations is better than what they have right now. We can disagree on the talent he has on the roster, I still think its a bad cast for a HOF player. Its why they are signing guys like Corey Coleman and trading for Josh Gordon. They see it too, the receivers suck and they are desperate to hit on someone