TNF: Jets @ Browns (TT vs Darnold)

Just now, joesixpack said:

Reading tea leaves?

Sort of.  I got the impression that McD would have trotted Peterman back out against the Chargers.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he was ready to start Allen just yet.

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

So be intellectually honest and admit you have not idea if tanking would have changed anything or not. 

I just said that. Try reading harder.

No way of knowing, since they didn't tank.

So all this pining over Mayfield is...i don't know...ridiculous?

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not unhappy with Allen. But doesn't a part of you want to ask, "Why can't we be the team with the new QB who looks so immediately ready?"  Watson. Mahomes. Mayfield. Prescott. .... Allen?

How are Watson and Prescott looking this year?

1 minute ago, October 1918 said:

To celebrate their first win in over 600 days, I certainly hope Browns fans drink something better than Bud Light.   ...break open the good stuff, fellas!

I would rather have goat piss strained through Fat Bastard's soiled shorts than drink a BudLite. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No way of knowing, since they didn't tank.

So all this pining over Mayfield is...i don't know...ridiculous?

I don't like tanking because Sundays suck for a full year or more. And midseason nobody would have guessed we needed a 1 for Baker. And Beane never would have drafted Baker anyway. So I'm glad we got meaningful late season football for once and got the guy Beane wanted to tank for anyway. Funny how we can do alright and still draft our dude.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not unhappy with Allen. But doesn't a part of you want to ask, "Why can't we be the team with the new QB who looks so immediately ready?"  Watson. Mahomes. Mayfield. Prescott. .... Allen?

After 2 games? Where he has started just one game?

I see your point, but I'm fine with watching Allen grow. I think he will be fine.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I would rather have goat piss strained through Fat Bastard's soiled shorts than drink a BudLite. 

Ouch, their both pretty rough but I might actually side with the Bud Light on that one.

Edited by pop gun
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Then he dropped 2 eggs in the following 2 games (including this one)

Allen got one half of work in game one.....and last week......

Give me the QB that will actually throw the ball down the field

There not really comparable  yet except end of game 1 and game 2.

In those quarters Darnold played better than Allen. Dont be a homer Hemet.

Allen has the potential to be wayyyy better than Darnold. But right now Darnold is better, one of the reasons being hes more accurate in the short to intermediate range for the time being. He doesnt have as much arm strength as JA so he will have more balls picked since they both gun it

What a game between the 2 guys I wanted most... with Mayfield ahead of Darnold for me--not that we ever had a chance to draft either guy.

Taylor was particularly bad tonight--reminded me of the New Orleans game. Deserved to be replaced... though I wonder if he took himself out based on that crowd, which was inevitable sooner or later given the #1 draft pick sitting behind him.

Man, Mayfield is impressive. Darnold clearly has a ton of work to do.

I just hope Allen can start producing and making those quick decisions like we saw tonight from Baker. 3... probably 4 top 10 draft choices now linked together for (hopefully) the next decade PLUS.

Let's just hope we have the right Josh since Mayfield and Darnold were never options.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

There not really comparable  yet except end of game 1 and game 2.

In those quarters Darnold played better than Allen. Dont be a homer Hemet.

Allen has the potential to be wayyyy better than Darnold. But right now Darnold is better, one of the reasons being hes more accurate in the short to intermediate range for the time being. He doesnt have as much arm strength as JA so he will have more balls picked since they both gun it

Bowles and Bates are horrible for Darnold, Bates called scared the entire game.

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The thing is, the media just beat the Bills down about trading "the QB that broke the drought" so it does deserve some harping now that it is becoming more and more apparent that he is just soooooo limited and maybe, just maybe the Bills also knew that.

I wouldve taken TT > NP and AJMcCollarbone combined. He is a great back up and total game manager qb. We couldve competed with Tyrod until JA was ready to go or at least not die behind this OLine and shakey WRs

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

After 2 games? Where he has started just one game?

I see your point, but I'm fine with watching Allen grow. I think he will be fine.

Of course you're right. And I'm fine with Allen. And I'll watch just to be able to see that game where it all comes together. I'm just saying that there's a huge boost that comes to any fan base when the new kid just plain looks ready, right now, and I'm a little envious of Browns fans at this moment. I never thought I'd say that.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Let's just hope we have the right Josh since Mayfield and Darnold were never options.

THIS is the point.

This is EXACTLY the point. All these people bitching that we took Allen were likely also anti-tankers. So any whining at this point is hypocritical.