Bills Make National Headlines Consistently

OutOfBubbleGum

I don't care much about the media headlines - though I thought the 'Buffalo Baby' story was kind of funny.

I'm not even stressed about winning and losing -  I know we're not returning to the playoffs this year.

I'll watch the games to see how our young players are developing because I'm hoping 2019 will be better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

What is with the Bills being cited by national News agencies for other than football news. There's the consistent McCoy articles, wide receivers making babies because there's nothing else to do in Buffalo, Davis quitting at halftime.... The list can go on and on...

Buy more bubblegum and keep chewing to relax yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't care much about the media headlines - though I thought the 'Buffalo Baby' story was kind of funny.

I'm not even stressed about winning and losing -  I know we're not returning to the playoffs this year.

I'll watch the games to see how our young players are developing because I'm hoping 2019 will be better.

in other words nothing has changed in 20 yrs with the good old wait til next 2-3 yr Buffalo Bills:)

1 hour ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

What is with the Bills being cited by national News agencies for other than football news. There's the consistent McCoy articles, wide receivers making babies because there's nothing else to do in Buffalo, Davis quitting at halftime.... The list can go on and on...

I thought the same thing earlier today, but it is just sports, a medium for entertainment, I just cringe when I see the area get a bad wrap because the city and the people there are really special and it was a great place to grow up and call my home town.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

You mean this?

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/former-bills-receiver-gets-candid-about-buffalo-sex-life/

Newly signed Eagles receiver Jordan Matthews said his time in Buffalo brought he and wife Cheyna closer together.

Speaking to the media Wednesday, the first-time father summed up his off-field activities in western New York.

“When I was in Buffalo, there was like nothing to do there, except … have fun with your wife,” Matthews said, via NBC Philadelphia. “She got pregnant. So we always say we got a Buffalo baby. Ain’t nothing to do there, except each other.”

Matthews, 26, was traded to the Bills in August 2017 following three seasons in Philadelphia. He signed a $1 million deal with the Patriots in April, but was released four months later. The Eagles — hurting at wide receiver after putting Mike Wallace on IR — re-signed him Wednesday.

He and Cheyna, a forward on the Washington Spirit soccer club, welcomed son Josiah Jordan Matthews in August. They wed in June 2017.

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
  • Like (+1) 1

You can't make fun of people's race, age, gender, orientation, etc. But you can make fun of cities. It's human nature to pick on the unfortunate.

As for Jordan, obviously he's afraid of cold weather. Otherwise, he'd discover an entire city with stuff happening.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

They are back to being the joke of the league.

This happens when a front office and coaching staff have no idea how to construct a team.

Yep. There needs to be one joke team every year. It was easy for Bills fans for a while.  We had the Browns (Q. How many snarky comments on TSW the last half dozen years about the Browns?), and then the national media had the Jets for a little while to serve this purpose. Brownsy things are now happening all the time in Buffalo: Peterman I, Peterman II. Anquon Boldin “sign and retire” because it’s not what he thought it would be. Marrone’s two and done. Orton’s surprise one and done. Whaley:Pegulas ::Sessions:Trump. The failed EJ Manuel experience. Passing up Mahomes. Trading up for Sammy, then sending him packing. Richie re-signing, then “retiring,” then trying to unretire but having that plan ruined by a freak out at a public gym and a psych evaluation, all on the heels of your second round pick last year running around naked and trying to jump out of a sealed 30th story window. (And thankfully the national media paid little attention to our psychotic naked runner from a few months earlier.)  It’s all good fodder. But then it reached a new peak with the Vontae half-time retirement. Is there a better laughingstock candidate out there? Not that I can see, and not that the national media can see either. Congrats, Bills. You’ve earned it.

EDIT: oh, and hiring clown Rex to shore up the defense. Plummeting to the bottom of the defensive rankings. Hiring Rob as a Ryan force multiplier. Firing both. Signing McCarron as a veteran bridge. Dumping McCarron. Spending $3 million for a couple weeks of Corey Coleman. Dumping Coleman. Yes, I could go on. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

9 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

Jordan must not have been trying that hard to find things to do.  What is he doing in Philadelphia that's so radically different? Playing Fortnite and eating cheesesteaks instead of wings?

Agreed. From the players’ perspective, or from anyone’s for that matter, if it’s not a major media/cultural center (and Philly ain’t that) and it isn’t a warm climate location (warmer than Buffalo? Have fun with that as campaign), it’s all about the same. 

• Like (+1) 1