Did Vontae Davis retire at halftime? Yes, yes he did!

YoloinOhio

The real tragedy here is that Bills fan who had always loved and followed Vontae Davis' career.

He was so excited that we finally signed his man, and was wearing that newly purchased #22 jersey, anxiously waiting for Vontae to come out of that tunnel to start the second half of the game.

An appearance that was not to be made.

:o

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, johnnychemo said:

He'll have to check the tape first.

14 hours ago, cage said:

He'll have to see the tape before commenting...

13 hours ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

You know he'll just say he has to look at the tape. 

16 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Needs to watch the tape first ?

I see a trend here.

He should have finished the game or he never should have suited up for the game to begin with. I do understand that there comes a moment in every players career when they just know that it is over. But quitting at halftime is pretty low in my estimation. I think you owe it to your teammates to at least finish the game out.

Edited by DefenseWins

14 hours ago, Rico said:

Quit on the team before the last game of the 2003 season. !@#$ him too.

Huh?? No, he did what a warrior does: launch himself across the table at the sleaziest and most awful human ever to coach the Bills. (This was according to a number of reports, and it as widely discussed here.) He was allegedly suspended for that act of angry insubordination toward Gregg-o, and that's why he didn't play in that final game. For the record, he did not leave of his own accord; the Bills sent him home themselves.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

The crappy thing with Vontae isn’t that he left the team short handed—we can agree that he wasn’t contributing all that much.  It’s the message it sends to his teammates (like Lorax) who are still out there, in a bad spot, getting embarrassed, but still fighting.  Vontae, in effect, says “I don’t need this **** show—I’m outta here.”

It’s dispiriting.  Salt in the wounds of his teammates.  It’s not just disrespectful—it’s agressively ****ty.

Good riddance.

Yes, we had an injury to deal with and him quitting left no spare CBs. 

I dont think his departure will hurt anything.  We will pick up a corner and move on.    It might actually serve to unite the defense even more. 

I question the character if anyone that thinks what he did, at the time he did it, was the correct thing.  Reading a lot of comments here and in national media from fans thinking this is ok because the Bills are a bad team.  This was not right and it’s not a joke and the Bills should make every effort to see he does not get any more money than the legal minimum.  

Edited by Bob in STL

Judging by Vontae’s play either he wasn’t totally committed to being here or he just get his body to do it anymore. I can totally understand the latter! 

But, to bow out the way he did was disgraceful! He will regret at some point in the future! Sad way to end it!

• Like (+1) 1

How many hypocrites are out there. If a player absolutely stinks on the field and is pulled from the game mid game by the coaches, only to be released the next day by the team. How is this any different. A player can get "fired" or pulled from the game at any time at the will of the team. A player also has the same right to "quit" or retire at any time as well. Rights go both ways. He decided he had enough and retired mid game. A team can decide they have had enough of a player and fire him at any time. It happens almost every week in the NFL. It goes both ways. Enough.

1 hour ago, Wsam4031 said:

I hate to say it a actually thought this was a great signing when it happened. FIt the system and was a team guy. Worst part is this assbags contract is fully guaranteed. There should've been a quit clause in there somewhere.  

I don't think the guarantee works if there is a retirement / quit involved