Did Vontae Davis retire at halftime? Yes, yes he did!

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, simpleman said:

How many hypocrites are out there. If a player absolutely stinks on the field and is pulled from the game mid game by the coaches, only to be released the next day by the team. How is this any different. A player can get "fired" or pulled from the game at any time at the will of the team. A player also has the same right to "quit" or retire at any time as well. Rights go both ways. He decided he had enough and retired mid game. A team can decide they have had enough of a player and fire him at any time. It happens almost every week in the NFL. It goes both ways. Enough.

This is so incorrect.  If a player gets cut its because they werent good enough to play in the nfl, they are "fighting" for their place on the roster not the other way around.  Worst case fake an injury and retire the next day, this was a big middle finger to all the guys around him and coward move.  Besides, when have you ever heard of a player getting cut at half time?

9 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

This is so incorrect.  If a player gets cut its because they werent good enough to play in the nfl, they are "fighting" for their place on the roster not the other way around.  Worst case fake an injury and retire the next day, this was a big middle finger to all the guys around him and coward move.  Besides, when have you ever heard of a player getting cut at half time?

There is no doubt in my mind that he decided to retire before this game. Not just because Boyst told me that. But it’s obvious. I think he decided once he lost his starting job. He realized he couldn’t play anymore. McD made him inactive for game 1 and he was probably pissed because he wanted his one game for salary guarantee. As some recall, it was pointed out that he lost money by not playing the way his contract was structured. Then Taron Johnson got hurt and the Bills had to play him, especially against the Chargers offense. He already wanted to retire but had to play to get his game check. But didn’t need to play the whole game. The statement he released righ after the game probably wasn’t written by him and clearly was prepared ahead of time. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, simpleman said:

How many hypocrites are out there. If a player absolutely stinks on the field and is pulled from the game mid game by the coaches, only to be released the next day by the team. How is this any different. A player can get "fired" or pulled from the game at any time at the will of the team. A player also has the same right to "quit" or retire at any time as well. Rights go both ways. He decided he had enough and retired mid game. A team can decide they have had enough of a player and fire him at any time. It happens almost every week in the NFL. It goes both ways. Enough.

I think you're way off base here.

There are honorable ways, and crappy ways to quit, just like the are honorable ways, and crappy ways to release a player. When the FO lets someone go in a way that disrespects the contributions the player has made to the organization, they are criticized for it. There are so many examples, it's not even worth elaborating.

If this move by Davis isn't worthy of criticism, then I don't know what is.

My friends at work are asking if I’m going to “do a Vontae.”  

They all know I’m going to retire in the spring, and they’re wondering if I’ll wait until there’s an all-day meeting with a customer, and I’ll go out to lunch and never come back.

Sounds like a plan!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, simpleman said:

Have you ever played a team sport?