Welcome back Ike Boettger

Roundybout

1 hour ago, jletha said:

At least we did something. And he knows some of the concepts since he went through camp but if he couldnt beat out anyone on the roster then, what does that say for him?

Assuming your inquiry isn’t factitious, I’ll bite.

Big ole Country Boy UDFA who lacks polish and good technique, but fought like hell on every snap he took. Didn’t see him back off or give less than everything he had on every play. I figured he’d be back immediately and was surprised KC jumped. 

To me, he’s exactly the kind of player you want on the PS. True, he’s not ready yet to compete -even against our misfits, but he’s willing to learn & grow.

High motor, Process Guy.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Vladimir Ducasse has been best OL despite being whipping boy for board.

Hopefully the unit plays better this week. I doubt we keep 10 all season, if they don’t play better someone will be released.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would bring in every FA OT/OG who is healthy for a workout to see if any are a better fit for what they're trying to do

Nix and Whaley, who take a lot of flak, managed to find Urbik and Pears on the scrap heap during the 2010 season and they contributed to the line improving in-season.

If Beane is an upgrade at GM, one would think he could do as much.

I would have liked to see the process start after PS Game 3 when the center of our OL was being walked back into the QB

So they bring back a guy they graded lower than both and cut, and you immediately want to see the "better" guys cut?

So strange

The line actually gave the QBs more time than I expected last week. Hopefully they play much better this week and cut down the penalties. I doubt we keep 10 all season, if they don’t improve soon it wouldn’t surprise me to see them shuffle the starting 5.

1 hour ago, jletha said:

At least we did something. And he knows some of the concepts since he went through camp but if he couldnt beat out anyone on the roster then, what does that say for him?

It says that at least he has potential to get better because he's so raw and a rookie.  That's better than Ducasse, Bodine or Newhouse.

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

Hopefully the unit plays better this week. I doubt we keep 10 all season, if they don’t play better someone will be released.

The line actually gave the QBs more time than I expected last week. Hopefully they play much better this week and cut down the penalties. I doubt we keep 10 all season, if they don’t improve soon it wouldn’t surprise me to see them shuffle the starting 5.

I will give them that it takes an OL a bit of time to gel when they aren’t used to playing together. I think that’s the biggest negative of losing Richie and Wood - the consistency. 

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

"The Process" defined:

Having the ability to see and act on simple concepts and ideas that most saw weeks ago needed to happen. 

"The Process" is insistently pretending you know EXACTLY what you are doing and only keeping around those who pretend to believe you.............because NOTHING in your past indicates that you know how to be a championship HC and you know you aren't going to be a difference maker with regard to X's and O's or on the sideline on gamedays.

That's pretty much it.

The main problem isn't that he doesn't know how to develop a QB or schematically create a cutting edge defense or offense..........it's that when you CAN'T do those things you need talent more than those who can need it.

From all-22

2) OL wasn't all bad, but two positions were complete liabilities
- The offensive line has been an albatross for fans of the team since the second preseason game in Cleveland, and while it wasn't a great effort by any means, the abilities of some of the starters are better than many give them credit. The best lineman from the Ravens game was left guard Vladimir Ducasse, who has been a punching bag for Bills fans on social media without cause. Ducasse took two penalties in the game, but he was the strongest one-on-one blocker against the Ravens and provided some terrific combo blocks along the way. He also was far better in 2017 than mostly given credit for by some. Ducasse isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The tackle play was passable against the Ravens, with both Dion Dawkins and Jordan Mills providing good protection on some plays and serving up some bad reps on others. They were the least of their worries. The big concern is at both center and right guard. In his first start for the retired Eric Wood, Ryan Groy was an outright liability. He found himself on the ground far too many times, and he nearly made Peterman throw an interception because he whiffed on a block. Groy struggled in both run and pass blocking. You can say the same for John Miller, who returned to the starting lineup after getting benched in Week Five of 2017. Unfortunately for the Bills, the Miller they saw is the same one that they were forced to sit after the first quarter of the season. He is just a tad too slow to get to the spots that the Bills need him, and then is slow to react in some other instances. That duo is the biggest reason that gives me hesitation for the Bills starting Josh Allen in Week Two. The Bills need to figure out if either player can be a dependable starter, or if they need to turn to some bench players. I don't know that I'd risk my top ten quarterback pick while that all is going on. If it was only one position that's one thing, but since it's 40-percent of the offensive line, I'd opt to try and figure that out first before having the rookie run for his life -- especially if they know winning in 2018 isn't the most critical part of the season.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T master said:

I'm glad the FO is looking into bringing in guys to compete but there are a lot of other possibly better options out there that could be instant upgrades to what they have !! 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795030-best-free-agent-option-remaining-for-every-nfl-team#slide12

I don't like the one player they say we should bring in but there are a boat load of others that should at the very least be being looked at as upgrades for the O line !

Get Er Done Beany boy !! 

Screw Kraperdick, but I like all of the OL and  CB's and a few DT's that would make sense. It's time to improve this roster and give Allen a fighting chance.