I don't care who starts...

bdutton

If its Peterman, and he doesn't play well it will usher in the Josh Allen age.  If he does play well and we win, we get the monkey of the worst loss in franchise history off our backs.  If Allen starts, it will also usher in the Allen age... there will be no going back to Peterman at that point.

This team was humbled and embarrassed and will be playing with a chip on their shoulder.

I am looking forward to this weeks game.  I don't fear a lack of effort.  This team has heart and I know they will play as hard as they can.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I agree that we’ll see some heart this week, and a better result.  I’m actually excited about the game.

Hope Allen starts, though.  I was excited about Peterman, but something happens with him in real games.  Who knows - maybe he’ll be better coming off the bench when needed.  But he shouldn’t start anymore.

What does the cliche playing with a "chip on their shoulder" actually mean in real life?   If you have no QB talent for instance and get disrespected  ,   does it mean that you magically acquire the talents of say Rodgers or Brady during the next  game until you get that chip off your shoulder?  

• Like (+1) 2

I care...NP isnt an NFL QB...sorry, nothing personal, just the truth.  

This is the game to START Allen because the week after its Vikings...so putting it off one more week means his first start is against the best D in the league.  He needs all the reps he can, meaning he needs first team reps THIS week in practice too.  

So enough with the NP experiment, its clear Allens time is soon, and should be now.  Let him have an easier start at home before having to face the Vikings so he gets 2 weeks or reps in practice.  

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, bdutton said:

If its Peterman, and he doesn't play well it will usher in the Josh Allen age.  If he does play well and we win, we get the monkey of the worst loss in franchise history off our backs.  If Allen starts, it will also usher in the Allen age... there will be no going back to Peterman at that point.

This team was humbled and embarrassed and will be playing with a chip on their shoulder.

I am looking forward to this weeks game.  I don't fear a lack of effort.  This team has heart and I know they will play as hard as they can.

This post could’ve been written prior to week 1 

Could you imagine the performance Peterman would turn in this week? The Chargers would love to set a few more franchise records.  

After watching Sunday, I really don’t want to see anymore Peterman ever. Cut him and bring a legit backup in who can help Josh on the sidelines like I seen McCown doing last night. Landry Jones and Matt Moore would be the obvious guys to call at this point.

I also want to see Allen start, there's nothing Peterman can do at this point to prove he's a starter QB since there's no chance he will throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs.

At the same time, I'm apprehensive of Allen starting because if he stinks up the joint in a serious way then I'll have no option but to be depressed.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I care...NP isnt an NFL QB...sorry, nothing personal, just the truth.  

This is the game to START Allen because the week after its Vikings...so putting it off one more week means his first start is against the best D in the league.  He needs all the reps he can, meaning he needs first team reps THIS week in practice too.  

So enough with the NP experiment, its clear Allens time is soon, and should be now.  Let him have an easier start at home before having to face the Vikings so he gets 2 weeks or reps in practice.  

Agreed. If we start Sweet nate Pete and he sucks it up again, Allen will have to start the following week,  IN Minnesota.  Not ideal conditions for his first start.  Peterman will likely suck if he starts again, so we may as well throw the kid in now while we play at home possibly without Bosa.  That Viking DL is going to dismantle our OL.  He shouldn’t be making his first start on the road vs that d.  

It looks like they may have really botched up their process by trading away Mccarron.  I’m happy to have the 5th but if Allen’s growth gets stunted because he is broken or running for his life every game, all game....having Mccarron might be worth that 5th.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

What does the cliche playing with a "chip on their shoulder" actually mean in real life?   If you have no QB talent for instance and get disrespected  ,   does it mean that you magically acquire the talents of say Rodgers or Brady during the next  game until you get that chip off your shoulder?  

I have learned to play basketball a bit more dirtier as I have aged... It keeps me competitive, as nobody likes an old man in hot shorts sweating all over them. 

• Like (+1) 1

I care who starts. I don’t want to see Nate float another one of his blind passes 20 yards downfield for an interception. If the plan was to sit Allen for the entire year they shouldn’t have traded away their only other option in AJM. Peterman was garbage in every appearance outside of preseason, this isn’t his fault and it isn’t a surprise. He is a late round pick being pushed into a starting role by a coach who is mismanaging the position. 

He almost has to start Peterman again, I’m sure he has told the Pegula’s the reason they are starting Peterman is so that they can develop Allen. He can’t reverse that, he is spending his week trying to come up a way in which Peterman can be competent and finish a handful of games for him. Goodluck.

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

It was the 2nd worst loss in franchise history; worst on opening day.

I don't see how embarrassment or playing with a chip on their collective shoulder are real things.  Sounds like the sort of stuff fans talk about.

I assume most guys will try to play as hard as they can, as almost all guys do most of the time.

2 hours ago, bdutton said:

Peterman has 3 NFL starts and ZERO games completed. Not only can't he win a game, he can't even finish a game. If the Bills brass puts him out there again and he implodes once more, they will take a severe credibility hit.

There is only one choice and his name is Josh Allen.